NS International is seeking a Fall BSECE Intern – Go Engineering Warriors!
If you are interested and eligible for the position below, Apply to:
N.S. International, Ltd.
800 Kirts Blvd. Suite 300
Troy, Michigan 48084
Maureen Johnson, Co-op Coordinator can assist you in preparation of your resume and applying to this position.
Work as an engineer intern to assist in the research, development, design, and test of electrical components, equipment, and systems applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES• Assists Hardware Engineer Department to interpret, recommend and implements customer requirements and specifications for circuit design and development of instrument cluster hardware.
• Assist Hardware Engineer Department to provide technical support to OEM customers and the development or various problem solving tasks with suppliers.
• Participate in studies of vehicle side interface and circuits to assist Hardware Engineers.
• Assist Hardware Engineers to interface with customer and internal engineering teams (mechanical and system/software) to define hardware requirements and specifications.
• Aid Hardware Engineers to examine design feasibility by performing worst case circuit analysis.
• Assist Hardware Engineers to prepare technical reports, design proposals, functional specifications, and project timelines to customers and management.
• Generate diagrams and schematics using circuit design software tools.
• Aid Hardware Engineers to design complex 32 BIT microcontroller unit (MCU) based circuits/systems.
• Aid Hardware Engineers to design complex 32/64 BIT graphic processing unit (GPU) based systems.
• Aid Hardware Engineers to design various SMPS circuits with multiple voltage rails to support system design depending on component selection.
• Assist Hardware Engineers to develop system design sheet based on customer specifications and internal design procedures.
• Assist Hardware Engineers to prepare component and sub-system level DFMEA documents.
• Aid, participate or possibly design and build test switch boxes and harnesses.
• Aid Hardware Engineers to design and build breadboards.
• Complete various rework tasks, software flash programming, and other support activities to Hardware Engineers.
• Maintain Hardware Rework Room equipment inventory, keep equipment tracker updated, calibration record tracker updated, ensure there are enough raw materials (solder, flux, wiring, switches, resistors, caps, etc.), and keep everything organized.
• Possibly performs other duties as assigned during the internship.
Completed the junior level (3rd year) toward a BS degree in electrical or computer engineering.
Demonstrates knowledge of electrical engineering principles.
University lab experience for testing, building or connecting circuits.
Work requires the ability to aid in the design electrical hardware and printed circuit boards.
Work requires knowledge of analog/digital circuitry and printed circuit board assembly process.
Work requires the ability to use hardware schematic capture software.
Work requires the ability to use testing tools such as oscilloscopes, programmable power supply, digital multimeter, and ARB waveform FCN generator to test hardware functionality.
Work requires interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with customers and multi-cultural teams.