DTE Electric – Associate Engineer Job Opportunity
DTE Electric – Associate Engineer (05053) External
Please apply no later than August 2, 2013
DTE Electric, a division of DTE Energy is responsible for the construction and maintenance of over 195,000 company-owned overhead and underground fed street and area lighting standards throughout Southeast Michigan. We are currently looking for an Associate Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will provide technical, operating, and process support for contractors and business unit staff engaged in the maintenance, emergency repair, and operation of the company’s electrical and lighting assets. They will ensure that projects, outage repairs, and preventive maintenance services are completed in scope, on schedule, within budget and in a technically correct manner. They will build customer loyalty by providing superior service and identifying and correcting gaps in work processes along with planning and implementing continuous improvement solutions. Approximately 25% of this position is field based completing site/project/asset as well as contractor/crew observations and data collection.
– Responds to and resolves customer streetlight inquiries and complaints. Works directly with internal/external customers and contractors to coordinate schedules and accurate repair services.
– Initiate and frame engineering studies and projects to solve engineering problem with minimal supervision.
– Monitor systems and performance and initiated and propose field or operational process design change under direct supervision.
– Identify compliance with contractor safety rules and report any violation or potential safety concerns.
– Assist other engineers to investigate and propose projects.
– Assist with the investigation of new lighting/electrical technology, material and equipment.
– Provide engineering services under direct supervision
– Works collaboratively with groups assigned to on Developmental Program
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
– Lean or Six Sigma knowledge and/or experience preferred.
– Preference will be given to candidates who have background and/or experience in electrical distribution or lighting field operations or engineering.
– Must have a valid driver’s license, provide a suitable automobile for use on Company business, and meet Company driving standards.
– Ability to make clear and precise presentations to all levels of management.
– Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with people at all levels both within and outside the company.
– Development of basic models and analyze data in order to recommend improvement programs/techniques solutions.
– Practice the corporate core values of Integrity, Respect, Learning, Business Success and Customer Service.
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs with advanced excel skills preferred.
– Must receive a recommended score on a pre-hire assessment.
About DTE Energy
DTE Energy is a Fortune 500 company based in Detroit, MI. We are a diversified energy company, involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Our operating units include DTE Electric Company, an electric utility serving 2.2 million customers in Southeastern Michigan, DTE Gas Company, a natural gas utility serving 1.3 million customers in Michigan and other non-utility, energy businesses focused on coal and gas mid-stream services, power and industrial projects, unconventional gas production and energy trading. Information about DTE Energy is available at http://www.dteenergy.com
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply for this position please visit our website: http://www.dteenergy.com/Careers