Quality Engineer Job Opportunity
TRAM, Inc. is a Japanese owned automotive parts supplier, serving the Japanese Transplants (Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, Isuzu, etc.) as well as the domestic OEMs (GM, Ford, Daimler Chrysler). Located in Plymouth, MI, TRAM, Inc. is a subsidiary company of Tokai-Rika Co. LTD, which is located in Nagoya, Japan. TRAM was founded in 1986 and currently employs 2,300 people at our 5 locations. We manufacture automotive components such as switch-related products (center cluster modules, window regulator switches and multi-function switches), security and safety-related products (mechanical keys, steering locks, shift lever assemblies, remote keys, steering wheels and air bag systems). In 2012, TRAM generated sales of $796 Million.
Interact with customers, internal engineers and suppliers to investigate and analyze quality problems, recommending countermeasures and following up to ensure that the problem has been resolved.
- Interact with customers concerning product quality issues.
- Schedule delivery of part from the customer.
- Analyze the part with TRAM Design Engineers to identify possible problems.
- Coordinate with plant Quality Departments to schedule for testing and analysis as well as setting specifications and priority level.
- Facilitate and lead meetings and teams.
- Follow up with plant Quality Department to ensure test data is returned as required.
- Review data results and request more information when necessary from design engineers, plant quality and manufacturing and suppliers.
- Personally conduct testing of products when necessary.
- Write technical reports for the customer explaining the analysis that was done, the issues that were identified and the root cause as well as the corrective action plans, if necessary.
- Review the corrective actions to ensure the problems have been resolved and follow up with customers concerning the results.
- Create PowerPoint presentations and conduct presentations to TRAM Management and Customers.
- Create monthly quality summary reports analyzing the quality performance of all TRAM, Inc. locations.
- Enter data into computer database as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or a related engineering field.
- 0-3 years of engineering experience.
- Willingness / ability to travel to TRAM Group plant and customer sites. Travel estimated to be 25 – 35%.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Fluency in Japanese preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
TRAM, Inc. provides an excellent compensation and benefits package including: health, dental, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, vacation and holiday pay, 401k plan and more. For additional information, please see our web site at www.tokai-rika.co.jp
No inquiries from 3rd party recruiters, please.
Interested parties may reply to:
47200 Port Street
Plymouth, MI 48170
Fax: (734) 254-8597