Human Interface Device Software QA Internship at Apple
HID SW QA Internship
HID SW is responsible for delivering the software and firmware for Apple’s Human Interface Devices, such as trackpads, cameras, remote controls, keyboards & mice. The team is a key part in driving an integrated customer experience involving new Hardware and Software designs working with creative, smart people, world-class products and cutting edge technologies.
HID SW is looking for a SQA Engineer that will be part of the team to drive the software quality and integration for an exceptional customer experience. The SW QA effort includes hands-on functional testing, bug reporting/regression, maintaining test guidelines, executing automation tests, and project QA status reporting.
– Participate in the SW QA testing activities for multiple new products.
– Coordinate testing with cross-functional QA teams.
– Study new project design documents, maintain test guidelines. Create innovative testing methods & test cases.
– Provide clear and concise project QA status reports for the team, cross-functional partners, and management.
– Responsible for the completion of QA deliverables, tracking bug reports and change requests to their resolution.
– Deliver on all activities using best-in-class processes for SW QA.
– Learning and building of skill-sets is highly encouraged & expected for all team members.
– Preferred SW QA experience.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Working knowledge of Mac OS X.
– Working knowledge of UNIX-based systems and command-line tools for debugging, analysis, and automation.
– Proven track record in and knowledge of core QA techniques, including creation of test plans and cases, writing documentation, proper regression, and isolation.
– Ability to analyze crash logs, backtraces, and assist engineers by utilizing basic debugging techniques.
– Knowledge of USB, I2C, Bluetooth and protocol analyzers a plus.
Interested students can send resumes directly to Melissa Hutchinson firstname.lastname@example.org.