Praxair part-time job opportunity for undergraduate student
For more than 100 years, Praxair has taken something as fundamental as air and turned it into ways to make food taste better, plants operate more cleanly and efficiently, breathing easier — in short, to make all our lives better. A global leader in industrial gases and high-performance coatings, Praxair has 26,000 employees and does business in more than 50 countries. If you are innovative flexible, committed, mobile, ambitious and determined, Praxair is the right company for you. At Praxair you’ll have the opportunity to build your skills, enjoy your challenge, make your mark, and own your future – the possibilities are endless. It’s where your talent makes an impact.
Praxair’s part-time job/internship will show you what it takes to be a successful member of our organization. It’s designed to expose you to key areas across our business. You’ll work on challenging, high-profile assignments intended to prepare you for a full-time role in our company after graduation.
Employment at Praxair offers participants an opportunity to apply classroom lessons in a real-world setting. You’ll learn all about Praxair’s businesses, products, processes, and functions, while also developing critical competencies such as business strategy, business acumen and leveraging resources. The scope of the program will allow participants to provide value to the organization by achieving well-defined, important strategic objectives.
We are looking for enthusiastic students who aren’t afraid to step outside the box to learn and grow, for the following long-term opportunity:
- Work with plant operations staff to organize technical papers and drawings, process and instrumentation drawing updates, oversee small projects, etc. The intern will have hands-on, meaningful work while becoming familiar with the types of work performed in large industrial facilities. We are seeking a student who wants to launch their career in the operations arena, with the possibility of becoming full-time after graduation, based on performance.
To be considered for an opportunity to work at Praxair you need the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Entering Junior year and actively working full-time towards a Bachelors degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Pursuing Electrical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering, Mechatronics, or Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Technology
- Desire to launch career in manufacturing/operations arena
- Ability to demonstrate past leadership in school, internship or sporting activities
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis, without needing future sponsorship
To be considered, you must send your resume and a cover letter to Natalie_Griffith@praxair.com