Entry level Engineering Opportunity (ME) at Gestamp North America
Gestamp North America
Division N/A Position Type: Full-Time
Desired Class Level(s): Senior, Alumni Salary Level Competitive
Job Function Engineering Duration: Full Time
Approximate Hours Per Week: 40-50
Qualifications: ME grads
Compensation Details: competitive
Gestamp Automocion is an international group dedicated to the design, development and manufacture of metal components and structural systems for the automotive industry.
Today Gestamp Automocion is present in 21 countries and has 70 production centers, 13 R&D Centers and over 18,000 people. We offer clients global solutions that encompass the entire production process from product conception to supplying the assembly lines.
Over the last decade, we have experienced strong growth, thanks to the quality of our employees, who are dedicated to innovation.
Gestamp North America consists of 8 manufacturing facilities (5 US, 3 Mexico), a workforce of 2100+ and a Divisional Headquarters located in Troy, Michigan.
We are seeking a recent ME grad to join our quality engineering team in our North American Headquarters in Troy, Michigan. The following is a position description for an experienced quality engineer to give you an idea of what to expect in this role.
The Quality Engineer working through suppliers, manufacturing plants, and/or customers, is responsible for facilitating quality improvement and resolving issues that lead to the achievement of successful PPAP.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participate in Advanced Quality Planning activities.
2. Providing technical and administrative support as needed.
3. Assist in the development of dimensional control strategies.
4. Assist in the design and procurement of gages and instruments.
5. Identify root cause of problems and delays and expedite corrective action.
6. Assisting in successful delivery of PPAP and launch for all programs, engineering changes, etc.
7. Define and implement strategies to support lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement (Lessons Learned).
8. Perform all other directed responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor degree or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred
2. Bi-lingual (Spanish or German) is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. High proficiency in understanding math data, interpretation and part measurement
2. Knowledge of Statistical Problem Solving Techniques.
3. Interact successfully with Customer engineering and SQE representatives
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
1. This job requires travel that may be for extended periods.
2. May be required to work extended hours on occasion.
The ideal candidate would be a “hands-on” car enthusiast.