The following is a heads up notification of the 2015 TARDEC Summer Hire Program:
The U.S. Army Tank Automotive Research, Development & Engineering Center’s (TARDEC’s) Summer Hire Program exposes aspiring high school and college students to the multiple engineering and technological projects that support TARDEC’s mission. The overall purpose of the program is to foster interest in science and engineering career fields while highlighting the many benefits TARDEC has to offer. Students get to explore technology that could ultimately lead to the increased survivability of our troops while ensuring an agile, lethal and ready force.
We hope this experience may influence them to pursue an education within the engineering and scientific fields and upon their college graduation we hope these students will keep TARDEC in the forefront of their ultimate career choice. The students are assigned to projects that are developed by experienced and established TARDEC Senior Engineers. The projects are selected for the Summer Hire Program based on how beneficial they will be to existing TARDEC programs while providing the students an opportunity to apply their own knowledge and skills in a professional working environment.
Serving as team leaders for the project team are TARDEC Junior Engineers, which mainly consist of engineering interns or college engineering co-ops. The Junior Engineers have an opportunity to receive firsthand experience in project management and team leadership, a trait that could be crucial to long-term management success. The Junior Engineers, along with their summer hire teammates, are responsible for regularly reporting project status and accomplishments to their respective Senior Engineers.
- An announcement will be posted February 3 – 6, 2015 at: www.USAjobs.gov (they must create a profile in this system)
- High school students age 16+ and currently enrolled college/university students qualify.
- Positions are full-time.
- The title of the position is Student Trainee (Engineering Technician). To narrow the search results choose Warren, MI as the location, 0899 as the job series and pay grade GS 01/04.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens, age 16 and above. High school students & undergraduate college students must have demonstrated interest in Engineering & Science (E&S) careers through academic coursework and/or extracurricular activities.
WSU Engineering Warriors!
Adecco Engineering & Technical is seeking to fill 5 positions for
Controls Engineer (Direct Hire)
Develop, Test, & Debug PLC & HMI Programs for automated equipment. Investigate and resolve issues associated with assembly automation, work stations, robotics, and automated equipment. Also responsible for design, detail & check electrical, pneumatic & hydraulic control schematics based on customer and NFPA/NEC specifications.
- PLC programming proficiency – Rockwell Control Logix. Experience with either Siemens and/or Steeplechase would be a plus.
- Ability to read and edit controls schematics
- Experience in manufacturing, controls engineering, or related field required. Robotics, Machining, Assembly lines and Conveyor
- AutoCAD experience required and knowledge of E-plan would be a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Ability to travel out of town to customer sites (30%-40%)
Must Have (s):
- Siemens Step 7/Programming Experience
- Any Machine/Tool/Robotics Experience within the Automotive Realm
- Someone who is looking for career progression and willing to work in a smaller environment
Send Resumes ASAP to Daralynn Walker, Technical Recruiter at Adecco Engineering and Technology, Daralynn.email@example.com.
You can connect also connect with her via LinkedIn.
WSU Domestic Engineering Warriors!
The Detroit Branch of the United States Patent Trademark Office
Thursday, January 29th
Information /Networking Session
Recruiting for 25 Patent Engineering positions for the Detroit Office
Mechanical, Electrical and Computer Engineering
as well as
a Summer 2015, 8-10 week summer Externship in Patent Engineering
for all Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Computer Science majors
2:00 Information Session and 15 min presentation
2:15 to 4:00 Networking with Patent Engineers and USPTO WSU Ambassador, Nicholas Kolderman
4:00 Information Session and 15 min presentation ( Repeat of 2:00 presentation)
4:15 Walk-in Networking with Patent Engineers and USPTO WSU Ambassador
Hello WSU Undergraduate Engineering Warriors seeking a summer 2015 internship!
VITEC, LLC is a Tier One, Minority owned auto supplier, located in Detroit Michigan. We have been in business about 17 years. We design, manufacture and deliver plastic fuel systems. Our customers are GM, Chrysler and Ford. We currently have approximately 253 employees, 191 hourly with 3 shifts that work 8 hours, first shift is from 6am until 2pm, second shift 2pm until 10pm and third shift 10pm until 6am. We have 63 salary employees. We are located at the intersection of Michigan Ave. and Clark St. in Detroit, MI.
Internship Program Areas
Email your resume by Monday, Feb 2, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org with “2015 Internship Candidate” in the subject line.
The email should contain the following:
(1) Your name & contact information (i.e. contact phone number & email address)
(2) Class standing/rank
(3) Course of Study (e.g. Engineering; Business; Finance; Supply Chain Management; Industrial Relations; etc…)
Interviews will be conducted on-site.
Attention WSU Industrial Engineering Warriors!
TACOM: United States Army Contracting Command
Locating in Warren, MI
Is Recruiting for
Industrial Price / Cost Analysts
Army Contracting Command in Warren, MI supports the Warfighter worldwide,
through the acquisition of goods and services vital to Soldiers’ mission and well-being.
Position Available: Industrial Price / Cost Analyst
- Performs Industrial Engineering related studies and develops recommendations in support of cost price analyses of procurements of tracked and wheeled vehicle procurements, their subsystems or armaments and small arms.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Meet the requirements of a pre-employment U.S. Government security clearance and credit check
- Enrolled as a Senior (or graduate student) in a Bachelor or Industrial Engineering (or similar) program with expected graduation of Spring 2015
What is Next?
- Contact Patrick McCarthy, Industrial Price / Cost Analyst, Patrick.email@example.com (586) 282 3525
- Send Patrick a resume on or before Friday, February 6th a t5:00 pm. Relax, it does not have to be a “federal resume” needed to apply. This is a networking resume.
- You will receive instruction before the job is posted to www.USAJobs.gov
Project Title: Implementation of Wide Field-of-View Optical Resolution Photoacoustic Microscopy to Study Mouse Brain Activity – Detailed Study of Resting-State Functional Connectivity.
Tentative start and completion dates: February – July, 2015
Expected time to spend in lab: >15 hours per week (Paid)
Mohamadreza Nasiriavanaki, Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering and School of Medicine
818 West Hancock, Bioengineering Building, Room #2128
Contact: Mohammadreza Nasiriavanaki, Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering and School of Medicine
Address: 818 W. Hancock, Bioengineering Building, Room #2128
Previously we have imaged mouse brain vasculature using photoacoustic tomography (M. Avanaki et. al., PNAS 2014). As well as vascular images, we acquired functional brain images. We demonstrated that the brain activity is present even in the absence of an externally prompted task, proving a concept that neuroimaging scientists have developed to interpret brain functionality, called resting-state functional connectivity (RSFC). RSFC demonstrates that in a healthy brain, there are strong connections inter-hemispherically between bilaterally homologous regions, as well as intra-hemispherically within the same functional regions. The connection between RSFC maps and neurological disorders permits testing and validation of new therapeutic approaches.
Capability of imaging vessels closer to the neural cells will allow neurologist to understand the origin of the RSFC in much more details. Capillaries, the smallest blood vessels, are the distal end of the vasculature where oxygen and nutrients are exchanged between blood and tissue. Hence, noninvasive imaging of capillaries and function in vivo is desired. In this project, we are developing a wide field-of-view optical-resolution photoacoustic microscopy (OR-PAM) by combining the advantages of pure optical microscopy and ultrasonic imaging to study the RSFC in the mouse brain. OR-PAM provides a lateral resolution of about 5 μm.
There is a need for one student with the following qualifications:
1- Masters student in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering are preferred.
2- Experienced in instrumentation, in particular data acquisition, motor control and signal processing are the key requirements for this position.
3- Students who want to work on a research project as their thesis are highly encouraged.
The Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Science is pleased to announce that the Office of Science Graduate Student Research (SCGSR) program is now accepting applications for the 2015 solicitation. Applications are due 5:00pm ET on Tuesday April 14, 2015.
The SCGSR program supports supplemental awards to outstanding U.S. graduate students to conduct part of their graduate thesis research at a DOE national laboratory in collaboration with a DOE laboratory scientist for a period of 3 to 12 consecutive months—with the goal of preparing graduate students for scientific and technical careers critically important to the DOE Office of Science mission.
The SCGSR program is open to current Ph.D. students in qualified graduate programs at accredited U.S. academic institutions, who are conducting their graduate thesis research in targeted areas of importance to the DOE Office of Science. The research opportunity is expected to advance the graduate students’ overall doctoral thesis while providing access to the expertise, resources, and capabilities available at the DOE laboratories. The supplemental award provides for additional, incremental costs for living and travel expenses directly associated with conducting the SCGSR research project at the DOE host laboratory during the award period.
The Office of Science expects to make approximately 100 awards in 2015, for project periods beginning anytime between October 2015 and September 2016.
The 2014 program solicitation resulted in awards to 65 graduate students from 50 different universities to conduct thesis research at 15 DOE national laboratories. Detailed information about the program, including eligibility requirements and access to the online application system, can be found at: http://science.energy.gov/wdts/scgsr/.
The SCGSR program is sponsored and managed by the DOE Office of Science’s Office of Workforce Development for Teachers and Scientists (WDTS), in collaboration with the six Office of Science research programs offices and the DOE national laboratories, and the Oak Ridge Institute of Science and Education (ORISE).
For any questions, please contact the SCGSR Program Manager, Dr. Ping Ge, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science
Specialist, Automotive Business Unit
With offices in more than 50 cities across 25 countries, Oliver Wyman is one of the world’s fastest-growing strategy consulting firms, combining deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, organizational transformation, and leadership development. The firm’s 3,000+ professionals partner with clients in industry sectors and regions of the world where our distinctive approach allows us to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses. For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com.
Why Join Us?
Our work is marked by exceptional impact for our clients. By consistently producing results, we have earned a reputation for quality work and attractive career opportunities
- Global reach with revenues exceeding $1.5 billion in 2013
- More client exposure and significant international opportunities
- Extremely attractive compensation for performance
- A company that is committed to work-life balance and having fun
- A springboard to the most exciting future career opportunities
Automotive Business Unit
Oliver Wyman works for the world’s leading auto manufacturers (OEMs), suppliers (Tier 1 and 2), and service providers (dealers, downstream businesses), as well as private equity firms and investment banks. Together with our clients, we develop and implement value growth strategies, customer solutions, product strategies, operational excellence initiatives, and change management programs – with an overall objective of building and protecting brand value. Our deep industry expertise and our specialized capabilities make Oliver Wyman a leader in serving the needs of the automotive industry.
The specialist position is an entry-level opening in the Automotive & Manufacturing Industries Practice based in our Troy, Michigan office. It is ideal for candidates with an engineering background to gain business experience as well as non-engineers with backgrounds in statistics or mathematics. The successful candidate will spend approximately 90% of the time as an analyst for the Harbour Report™. The Harbour Report™ is the world’s leading publication of manufacturing productivity in the automotive industry. This role will initially be data-heavy as the Specialist will assist the rest of the team with organizing, querying, validating, and analyzing data submitted via an in-house database application. Other functions will include secondary research, creating models in Excel and developing slides for executive presentations.
In time, the Specialist will provide research support to our consulting staff on a variety of engagements and get opportunities to interact with Harbour Report™ clients on a daily basis as well as present to management. The candidate must feel comfortable working with various stakeholders to design appropriate studies, conduct appropriate and thorough analyses, develop prudent and supported recommendations, and present findings.
The role will work very closely with a small and tight knit group. It is an extremely collaborative position requiring a candidate who is a team player and has the ability to contribute expertise and adopt input from others. The specialist position is a client facing role requiring outstanding professionalism and interpersonal skills. The ability to represent the firm to a multi-national client base is crucial.
- Undergraduate degree from leading university with strong academic performance
- Fluency in Chinese, both written and verbal
- Capable of coordinating and managing multiple workstreams
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Creative problem solver
- Maintain data integrity and accuracy and use data to identify and solve problems
- Willing to work with data in many tables for extended periods
- Entrepreneurial spirit with high personal initiative – self-directed
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced Excel capability (ex. macros, pivot tables)
- Work well in a team environment with minimal management layers
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally, as required, to support our clients (5-15%)
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- All candidates must meet one of the following two criteria:
- Possess a passion for automotive industry (or manufacturing in general)
- Possess a passion for analytics
- Relevant experience (industry or educational) with any of the following:
- Visual Basic for automating Microsoft Office
- Statistics and probabilities
- Regression analysis
- Experience with manufacturing operations
- Automotive industry experience
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principals
Interested individuals can forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
All prospective co-op students are encouraged to
attend an interviewing workshop.
Gain Valuable Information About
- Researching prospective employers
- Marketing yourself
- Secrets to interview success
- Writing thank-you letters
WSU Co-op Coordinators
Maureen Johnson and Diane Grimord
WSU Career Services 1001 FAB
Thursday February 05 2:30 pm 1347 FAB
Wednesday February 11 3:00 pm 1347 FAB
Thursday February 19 3:00 pm 1347 FAB
Tuesday March 03 2:00 pm 1347 FAB
Tuesday March 10 2:30 pm 1351 FAB
Monday March 23 1:30 pm 1347 FAB
Wednesday March 25 3:00 pm 1351 FAB
Tuesday March 31 2:00 pm 1347 FAB
Thursday April 02 2:30 pm 1347 FAB
Tuesday April 07 3:00 pm 1347 FAB
Attention all WSU Biomedical Engineering Warriors!
Tammy Lucas of NRG Staffing Solutions
is interested in receiving your resumes for up and coming opportunities.
If you have just graduated in December or plan to graduate in May 2015
then please send your resume to
Tammy Lucas, Account Manager at NRG Staffing Solutions, Inc.
(248) 499-9099 Ext. 29