FCA US LLC’s College Intern Program offers a unique opportunity for highly motivated, innovative, and inspired individuals to work in a challenging assignment where contribution, teamwork, and communication are vital to the success of the organization.
As a leading edge company, we are able to provide real world challenges and rewarding intern experiences to candidates from a variety of colleges and universities while providing a competitive salary.
Interns are assigned to an organization department based on the candidate’s background, skill set and interests. The assignments are project-oriented, meaningful to the department and allow the intern to take responsibility for a major task. Interns experience a sense of personal accomplishment and contribution and experience the corporate business culture through work assignments and structured activities. They gain the communication and etiquette skills required in business while sharing knowledge gained from recent courses. They also enhance their computer skills and learn new systems and software.
Each intern assignment consists of challenging projects with specific goals, providing opportunities for personal growth and development. Interns that demonstrate outstanding qualities may be invited back the following year for a second internship or to interview for full-time positions in our various new hire programs. Summer internships are primarily located at the Chrysler Technology Center in Auburn Hills, Michigan, other facilities in the Detroit Metropolitan area, and Business Centers located throughout the country.
Interns may qualify for a housing allowance and/or travel assistance. Company transportation during the internship is not provided. Throughout the internship, interns will have the opportunity to participate in many activities designed especially to enhance their knowledge of FCA, our products and the metro Detroit area.
Supplier Quality Engineers ensure new vehicle parts meet top quality requirements through preventive quality planning and ongoing problem solving techniques, from the prototype vehicle stage through full production builds. Supplier Quality interns utilize skills to identify and resolve vehicle issues at both FCA manufacturing plants and supplier facilities.
Interns have the opportunity to travel to supplier manufacturing locations in the US and Canada, as well as interact with the latest technologies and processes in the manufacturing arena. Projects are available within multiple commodity areas (Body/Exterior, Interior, Chassis, Engine Systems, Electrical and Powertrain). Projects may also be based at FCA assembly plants located within the metro Detroit area.
* Completion of sophomore year at an accredited university by summer of 2016
* Pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree from ABET Engineering accredited program
* GPA of 3.0 or higher (based on a 4.0 scale)
* Willingness to work within a manufacturing environment
* Strong interest in automotive industry
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Effective interpersonal skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Computer proficient (including spreadsheet, word processing, presentation and database applications)
* Creative problem solving ability and a results orientation
* Comfortable with complex technical analysis
* Ability to travel within NAFTA region (potential)
* Personal vehicle
Please apply online at www.FCAGroupCareers.com under Requisition #1016861
Design engineer with emphasis on system and subsystem integration and test.
Review and develop hardware and software requirement documents and test plans.
Support hardware and software integration in a lab environment to include the use of various test equipment to include dynamic analyzers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, Ethernet, RS-422, etc.
Perform vehicle level testing utilizing the same type of equipment.
Analyze subsystem requirements and develop logic for flowcharts, state charts, state diagrams, and fire control algorithms for design documents.
Support fielding and production sites to investigate / resolve fire control issues.
Support the integration and testing of electrical control devices and sensors on various vehicle platforms.
Provide technical support and communication as required to GDLS program office, GDLS customers, and other departments within GDLS
Bachelors Degree In Electrical Engineering preferred.
-Extensive vehicle and lab testing required
-Must meet ASR requirements to work inside tanks and military vehicles
-Extensive use of computer and test equipment in both the laboratory and field environment
Some vehicle testing training/experience preferred.
*Must be a US Citizen*
Material Strategies Engineer – Vehicle Systems Program Execution
Position Overview – We are looking for incredible talent that will be responsible for strategy, investment, planning, design, and execution from pre-DSI through Saleable. This is a new position in the newly created Material Planning team in Vehicle Systems. This position is a unique opportunity to influence the way we as General Motors operate in our assembly plants. Key Deliverables will be to develop and execute all phases of material planning to create the most efficient, leanest designs for the entire GM Enterprise. The team will migrate eventually to be responsible for both Material Planning and Lean Material Strategy implementations in North America. This individual will work with all levels of a cross functional team and partner with plant team members to support successful launches, and drive established best practices at Assembly plant(s).
Key Deliverables/Job Elements:
Ensure overall GA 4 wall Material Strategies including: material flow, material routings, storage space requirements, mobile equipment, layout development, container development, storage areas, kitting, small lot strategy, sequence planning, PFEP, etc.
- Ensure material investment is incorporated into the future program planning(MPS) & CR/DN studies
- Establish Material Planning Metrics to be applied in North America
- Route Planning, Dock Strategies, Material Flow,
- Develop & track Master Dot milestones & Deliverables
- Support the Manufacturing Launch team at the plant and Program Team
- Provide technical support and issue resolution assistance to the plant Material Launch Manager and the Material Team at the Assembly Plant at Manufacturing Vehicle Build events
- Develop and apply Lean Material Strategies (LMS) to design standards
- Drive & execute common standards, processes, and lean designs.
- Integrate Lean Manufacturing and GM-Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles into Future Product Programs at assembly plants.
- Provide updates to LMS Leads and Program Team as required
- Support PFMEA process
- Analyze existing operations and propose continuous improvements(CI)
- Optimize floor space, materials, personnel, and equipment
- Monitor adherence to recommended safety procedures and ergonomic guidelines
- Develop, track, and implement budget allocation
- Facilities design, layout, and processes that reduce cost/ achieve operational efficiencies.
- Provide on-site support for execution and readiness activities related to major launches.
- Support the development and implementation of best practices and standardized performance metrics across all GA assembly operations
- Required: Bachelors Degree in Engineering(Material, Packaging, Industrial) or equivalent
Required Candidate Qualifications:
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Strong analytical, computer, presentatation, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- High level of analytical ability & problem solving where problems are unusual and difficult
- Proficient with Autocad, Factory cad or equivalent, MS-Office tools (Excel, Access, Project, Word, and Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of work measurement/work standards, ergonomic principles, material optimization, and facility layout strongly preferred
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing and assembly processes
- Willingness to travel and/or temporary relocate during launch phases
- High level of communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to present findings to all levels of the organization.
- High level of expertise with Microsoft Office Software.
- Ability to deal with and manage stressful situations.
- Customer Focus / Organizational Agility / Managerial Courage / Drive for Results / Perseverance
Extensive travel, extended working hours, and varying shift schedules may be required to support Program Development and Launch Execution.
Send resumes to: Michael Kidder email@example.com
Please follow the link below to see the list of all employers attending the College of Engineering Career Fair THIS THURSDAY
10/01 1-4:30pm WSU Student Center Ballroom, 2nd Floor
CAREER INFORMATION SESSION – COLUMBIA BUSINESS SCHOOL RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES
Thursday October 8, 2015
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Room 1001, Faculty/Administration Building
Come join Dr. Khaled Hamdy, Director of Research and Planning at Columbia Business School for an information session about research opportunities at Columbia Business School.
Are you interested in research? Would you like to learn more about what research is? What type of research is performed in a business school? Are you ready to combine your mathematics and computing skills to find innovative solutions to challenging problems in new fields? Are you interested in manipulating and analyzing with large amounts of data? Do you want to pursue research in a field with excellent academic and industry career opportunities?
Columbia Business School offers a number of opportunities for students to do high-impact research in the ultimate business laboratory: New York City. Students will have the opportunity to work alongside our leading global researchers as they develop ideas transform the business world. Our faculty work in the fields of Decision, Risk & Operations (DRO); Finance & Economics; Management; and Marketing.
Our research offerings include the following:
· SUMMER RESEARCH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – This 10-week summer program provides an intellectually stimulating environment and exposes the intern to the world of business research. It is designed for students in their junior year, but exceptional sophomores and Master degree students have participated. Interns are provided with housing and a stipend. (Application process begins in January 2016)
· FULL-TIME RESEARCH ASSOCIATE PROGRAM – This 2-3 year program allows the Research Associate to work on many different projects with world-leading faculty in their respective fields. Alumni of the program have gone on to top-tier business PhD programs or positions in top financial services firms. (Application December 1, 2015 for openings in July 2016)
· PHD PROGRAM – Columbia Business School provides an intense research community and excellent resources for doctoral studies. A fellowship and stipend give doctoral students flexibility to pursue their interests without having to worry about funding. Recent graduates have joined leading academic institutions, including, Stanford, Northwestern, Wharton, and Duke. (Application deadline January 4, 2016)
Khaled Hamdy manages all the research activities supporting faculty research at Columbia Business School, and he is looking to attract talented research-oriented students to Columbia Business School. He earned an MBA (2006) with Distinction in Strategy and Finance from the NYU Stern School of Business, a PhD (2000) in Electrical Engineering from the University of Minnesota, an MSE (1990) in Electrical Engineering from the University of Michigan, and a BS (1988) with Honors in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the University of Colorado.
Khaled has had a diverse career spanning corporate strategy, consulting, and research & development. After completing his MBA, he worked in the consultant in the telecom, media, and technology industries. He also worked in the Corporate Strategy group at Alcatel Lucent, where he developed growth, sales, and innovation strategies, built customer intelligence practice, and developed organizational strategies to improve innovation as new technologies are developed in Bell Labs. After his PhD, he worked at iBiquity Digital Corporation, where he applied his expertise in audio coding technology to the development of the HD Radio standard in the US.
The Science and Engineering Apprenticeship Program (SEAP) provides an opportunity for students to participate in research at a Department of Navy (DoN) laboratory during the summer.
The goals of SEAP are to encourage participating students to pursue science and engineering careers, to further their education via mentoring by laboratory personnel and their participation in research, and to make them aware of DoN research and technology efforts, which can lead to employment within the DoN.
SEAP provided competitive research internships to over 265 high school students this year. Participating students spend eight weeks during the summer doing research at 25 DoN laboratories.
The SEAP Online Application opens on September 15, 2015!
Information here: http://seap.asee.org/
NAVAL RESEARCH ENTERPRISE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Naval Research Enterprise Internship Program (NREIP) provides an opportunity for students to participate in research at a Department of Navy (DoN) laboratory during the summer.
The goals of NREIP are to encourage participating students to pursue science and engineering careers, to further education via mentoring by laboratory personnel and their participation in research, and to make them aware of DoN research and technology efforts, which can lead to employment within the DoN.
NREIP provides competitive research internships to approximately 475 college students (400 undergraduate students and 75 graduate students) each year. Participating students spend ten weeks during the summer conducting research at approximately 29 DoN laboratories.
NREIP Online Application opens September 15, 2015!
Information here: http://nreip.asee.org/
Co-op: Embedded Software Engineering
Vector CANtech is an industry leader in Vehicle Networking technology based on the CAN,
J1939, LIN, MOST, Ethernet and FlexRay protocols supplying powerful development/analysis
tools, software development and quality integration services.
Our solutions are used by in the automotive, heavy-truck, agriculture, medical, aerospace and
various other industries throughout the world.
Vector is seeking a co-op willing to learn about Vector solutions and help us provide excellent
support for our customers. This position provides the opportunity for a co-op to gain valuable
experience by joining an engineering team, receiving training on Vector products and
technologies and then helping to support our customers, in a great work environment.
Gain experience with different micro-controller and compiler combinations. Learn how
Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) communication software works. Sharpen
your debugging skills. Use our CAN tools to help design and implement test suites and test
cases for the OEM software components.
Majors in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
Juniors, or Seniors with a g.p.a. of 3.0 and above
Fundamental understanding of micro-controllers and network technologies.
Knowledge of the CAN protocol a plus.
Knowledge and proficiency in C
The ability to learn independently when provided the necessary resources.
We are interested in students that would commit to more than one semester because of the
training that is involved in coming up to speed with our technology. Work sessions may also
We offer a competitive wage. This is a great opportunity to gain high tech experience in a
worker friendly environment. Our U.S. office is located in Novi, Michigan.
Check out our
website at www.vector.com.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an EEO/AA Employer.