The GREEN Program is the premiere experiential learning program for future clean energy and sustainability leaders. The short-term immersion programs take students on adventures to the epicenters of clean tech, sustainability, and innovative industries.
- Engage in hands-on, experiential education with industry experts and professionals
- Behind the scenes access to innovative clean energy facilities and sustainability projects
- Supercharge your resume with a global perspective and unique cultural experience
- Network and develop relationships with powerhouse student leaders and professionals
- Bridge the gap between traditional textbook learning and real-time industry insight
- Participate on world-class bucket list adventure excursions
- Earn an academic transcript during our 8-10 day programs
Take a step out of the classroom and experience the clean energy and sustainability industries, while having the adventure of your life with The GREEN Program.
Apply today at http://thegreenprogram.com/apply/
13TH ANNUAL NAIAS BREAKFAST
Thursday, January 15, 2015
Experience 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
lnforum kicks off the New Year at its 13th Annual NAIAS Breakfast featuring Werner Struth, Member of the Board of Management of Robert Bosch GmbH.
Dr. Struth is responsible for North and South America, manufacturing coordination, production system development, investment planning, and environmental protection. He is also responsible for Industrial Technology including the Packaging Technology and Drive and Control Technology Divisions.
Join Dr. Struth in a fascinating discussion on enabling innovation between automotive and non-automotive sectors in an increasingly connected world.
Go to https://www.inforummichigna.org TO REGISTER for this FREE event online. Enrollment is 10 students per school. Space is limited. Register by January 7, 2015.
AutomotiveNEXT focuses on attracting, developing and retaining top female talent in the automotive industry. We do this by positioning women thought leaders, promoting an exciting and diverse image of the industry to university students, and providing a supportive and challenging environment for women at different career stages. When you change the car, you change the world.
Questions? Contact Linda Morrell, email@example.com, 313.567.0287
Explore 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Immediately following the NAIAS Breakfast, Inforum’s AutomotiveNEXT industry group hosts AutomotiveNEXT 1:1, an event that brings together women university students, young professionals, and top executives to explore a range of careers in the automotive industry. AutomotiveNEXT 1:1 features high-touch networking and small-group conversation.
WSU’s female students are invited to be Inforum’s guest for a day of industry insight and a year of inspiration. Get access to influential leaders – and get inspired by the possibilities. Begin to build your professional network before you graduate. Students will receive:
• Admission to Inforum NAIAS Breakfast
• Participation in AutomotiveNEXT 1:1
• Complimentary Inforum Student Membership (one-year)
• One ticket to the NAIAS public days (1/17 – 1/25)
Michigan’s Global Future International Student Conference
November 21, 2014
9:00 am to 5:30 pm
1 Woodward Ave., Detroit (Quicken Loans and Detroit Chamber hosting)
Detroit Conference schedule:
9:45-10:00 Opening Remarks
10:00-10:45 Resumes and Cover Letters
10:50-11:35 H-1B and Beyond
11:40-12:25 Employer panel
12:30-1:15 Lunch and Employer Booths
1:30-5:00 Industry Tour
5:10-5:30 Closing Remarks and GO Ambassador Rally
10:15-1:00 Industry Tour
1:15-2:00 Lunch and Employer Booths
2:15-3:00 Employer Panel
3:15-4:00 H-1B and Beyond or Selling Yourself
4:15-5:00 Investing and Entrepreneurship in the USA or Industry Q&A
5:10-5:30 Closing Remarks and GO Ambassador Rally
Conference sessions included:
Resumes and Cover Letters
Cover letters and resumes are not written the same way in all cultures. Employers in the U.S. have very specific expectations. If they don’t find what they are looking for, you likely will not get an interview. Learn how to make your cover letter and resume stand out from the others and land that interview!
H-1B & Beyond
What happens after your OPT expires? What options do you have to continue to work in the U.S? Many employers avoid hiring international students because they don’t know enough about your immigration options. It is important that you know your options and their impact on the employer so you can help them understand that, with proper planning, the road to H1B and beyond is not as difficult as they may have found.
Presenter: Fakhoury Law
Entrepreneurship & EB-5 Investor Visas
Are you interested in starting your own business? Would you like to utilize the EB-5 program for immigrant investors? Join our panelists to hear about immigration options that are available to foreign national entrepreneurs such as the H-1B, O-1, E-2 and national interest waiver, as well as receive an overview of the immigrant investor program.”
Presenters: Karen Phillippi, Michigan Office for New Americans; Rami Fakhoury, Fakhoury Law Group
Selling Yourself: Interview Strategies for the Experienced International Student
Learn strategies for a successful job search- the resources and approaches necessary to not only get a job offer, but find a company where you feel comfortable and enjoy your work. What should you say to a potential employer about your immigration status? What should you not say? How can you sound confident and not arrogant when speaking about skills you possess? Learn the answers to these questions and practice some interviewing skills.
In the Eye of the Employer
Learn what employers are looking for in a successful job candidate. They will talk about working in their industry as well as common mistakes international students make and how to sell yourself to the Michigan employer.
Presenters: Harini Natesan, Laneisha Gunn, Kevin Foreman, Lou Wassel
Industry Specific Q&A
A panel of leaders in different industries will assist in informing and answering questions international students may have in regards to applying for and expectations in engineering/computer tech/social science/business fields.
Presenters: Kathy Fox, Lou Wassel, Scott Phillips
Industry & City Tours
Take a look at the City of Detroit and some of the things it has to offer to newcomers and to people living in the Detroit area. Also take a look at a specific industry in Detroit to see the American job close up!
Russel Pogats, DTE ENERGY
Director of Electrical Engineering
addresses WSU Warriors
Tuesday, November 18, at 4 pm.
Room 1520 EDC (Ford Activity Center)
LinkedIn Photo Shoot for College of Engineering Students
Friday, Nov 14th between 11:00 and 1:00 room 1524 EDC
We all know that importance of making a good first impression. Whether you are in an active job search or networking with professional colleagues know that LinkedIn is the must have online presence to document your professional career.
A great photo is key for your profile.
If you are interested in having a great head-shot for your LinkedIn profile
then come dressed at least from the waist up for your free picture.
ECRC Career Assistant, Mohammed Ali will take and email the pictures.
Do you want to drive in the fast lane? Sixt is hiring Rental Sales Agents for their Romulus MI location.
We are Sixt. We have shown what moves us in more than 100 countries around the world. We rent and lease cars, which are like us: fast, modern and known worldwide. But we are much more than that. We are an internationally expanding mobility service provider.
We are one of the market leaders, a facilitator of progress. We love our jobs – as well as our customers. We are innovators, who develop our own ideas in order to react faster than the market. We are both a family and a company.
We reward performance. We are glad to work with people who assume responsibilities. We live the story of free-spirited businesspeople– day in and day out. We are doers. And we are eager to find people who may find their place here, recognizing that we offer a challenging and attractive workplace. We are Sixt.
The Rental Sales Agent is responsible for drafting rental agreements and presenting the customer with optional extras based on his/her needs. As a Rental Sales Agent you are entrusted with serving our customers with the highest level of respect, professionalism and friendliness. We strive to meet our customers’ needs and exceed their expectations on every opportunity.
- Greet customers, prepare the rental agreement, provide customers with maps and other information needed.
- Offer optional extras to the customer according to his/her needs.
- Handle all telephone and email inquiries in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Provide excellent customer service in all customer contact situations according to our quality standards.
- Organize the daily reservations according to the available fleet.
- Maintain cleanliness in the office area.
- Complete daily lists and report to the Supervisor and Manager.
- Other job duties as assigned to meet the business needs.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience; previous customer/ escalation support experience preferred.
- Must have basic computer navigation skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent management skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Must be willing to wear company uniforms.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must have the ability to manage stressful or unusual situations in order to maintain good customer service.
- Must have the ability to adapt in a fast paced environment.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including day and/or evening hours.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid vacation, medical (100% employer sponsored for employee coverage), dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with Sixt Rent a Car, LLC and its subsidiaries. Offers of employment will be made by Sixt rent a Car, LLC or any of its subsidiaries or brands.
Come join our team! Apply now.
Attention all Engineering Warriors
The American Red Cross will be in our building on
How long does it take to donate blood?
Do you weigh enough to give blood and change a life?
Can I donate blood as an international student?
In order to see if you are eligible to donate blood or to schedule an appointment
please call Beth at 313 550-3870
The American Arab Chamber of Commerce presents
Future in Focus
Preparing Today’s College Students for Tomorrow’s Career Success
Join them Saturday, November 8th
10:30 am - 3:00 pm
12740 West Warren Avenue
Dearborn, MI 48126
Future in focus is an engaging education workshop presented by the American Arab Chamber of Commerce, and sponsored by the US Central Intelligence Agency with interactive session by Google to help build professional skills not found in the classroom.
The one day workshop will introduce students to professionals in their fields of choice, as well as providing essential information on subject such as:
The Importance of Networking
What are companies really looking for?
The Power of Collaboration
Space is Limited, so contact them today to reserve your spot!
firstname.lastname@example.org (313) 945-1700
Co-op: Embedded Software Engineering
Vector CANtech is an industry leader in Vehicle Networking technology based on the CAN, J1939, LIN, MOST, Ethernet and FlexRay protocols supplying powerful development/analysis tools, software development and quality integration services.
Our solutions are used by in the automotive, heavy-truck, agriculture, medical, aerospace and various other industries throughout the world.
Vector is seeking a co-op willing to learn about Vector solutions and help us provide excellent support for our customers. This position provides the opportunity for a co-op to gain valuable experience by joining an engineering team, receiving training on Vector products and technologies and then helping to support our customers, in a great work environment.
Gain experience with different micro-controller and compiler combinations. Learn how Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) communication software works. Sharpen your debugging skills. Use our CAN tools to help design and implement test suites and test cases for the OEM software components.
- Majors in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Juniors, or Seniors with a g.p.a. of 3.0 and above
- Fundamental understanding of micro-controllers and network technologies.
- Knowledge of the CAN protocol a plus.
- Knowledge and proficiency in C
- The ability to learn independently when provided the necessary resources.
- We are interested in students that would commit to more than one semester because of the training that is involved in coming up to speed with our technology. Work sessions may also alternate semesters.
We offer a competitive wage. This is a great opportunity to gain high tech experience in a worker friendly environment. Our U.S. office is located in Novi, Michigan. Check out our website at www.vector.com. Send resume to email@example.com.
We are an EEO/AA Employer.
WISE (Washington Internships for Students of Engineering)
Application Deadline: December 31
SAE is one of the participating societies in the WISE Program and sponsors one intern each summer to spend nine weeks in Washington D.C. to learn about the public policy process including how government officials make decisions on complex technological issues and how engineers can contribute to legislative and regulatory public policy decisions. The program is ranked as one of the best Internship opportunities in the U.S. by the Princeton Review. The program seeks applications from outstanding engineering students who display evidence of leadership skills and have a keen interest in public policy.
- Applicants must be juniors, seniors, or entering their final year of undergraduate studies in engineering (or computer science).
- Applicants may also be engineering graduates who are beginning their Masters level of study in a technology policy-related degree.
- Minority students are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be citizens or legal permanent residents of the United States.
Visit the WISE web site for further information, http://www.wise-intern.org/.