- Requires an associate degree in electronics or equivalent OR a minimum of five (5) years field service experience.
- Previous experience with electronic troubleshooting
- Willingness to travel up to 100%of the time. Candidates must hold a valid driving license and a good driving record. Candidates must also be willing and able to fly and drive for travel within the United States and other countries frequently. Scheduling flexibility is required and overtime is frequent.
- Must be able to keyboard, stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, climb and lift up to 60lbs.
- Must be willing to work from the out of a location in close proximity to a major airport – preferred areas: Plymouth, MI or Minneapolis, MN.
- Rofin-Sinar will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a credit verification, driving record check and drug screen.
This role serves as the on-site technical service, maintenance, installation and training resource for Rofin customers. Individuals in this role travel extensively to customers in their region and across North America with the aid of the internal customer service and engineering teams to provide technical support and services as requested or required by customers. They provide hands-on technical expertise to ensure customer’s needs are met and act as a critical touch-point to provide customer feedback and information to the business.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Install, service and repair the Rofin line of products in field installations.
Consult with customers on the integration, maintenance and use of Rofin products.
Perform moderately complex maintenance service and repair of Rofin products where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
Provide instruction and technical support to customers on routine operational or maintenance aspects of applicable Rofin products and integrated systems.
Perform installation of Rofin products on-site or in-house.
Construct and test circuits and equipment utilizing various tools and suitable test equipment.
Consult with product support and engineering personnel to determine solutions to unusual problems in product operation and maintenance. Perform field testing and data collection in the course of product improvement.
Perform preventative maintenance as needed.
Implement product upgrades including software conversions.
Implement design modifications and provide installation support for the modifications.
Report customer use of third party maintenance.
Work with product support, engineering and spare parts sales to continuously improve product quality.
Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Previous experience with mechanical, such as hydraulics and pneumatics, and optics troubleshooting
Competent in Microsoft Office products and efficient in email and internet.
Proven oral and written skills required.
High accuracy in work, attention to detail.
High level of adaptability – able to work with a wide variety of customers and in varied locations & environments
Self-directed / self-starter – able to take initiative to search out information and assistance as needed to resolve issues
Strong customer service skills – demonstrated ability to quickly establish professional working relationships and communicate effectively with customers
Rofin-Sinar, Inc offers a competitive salary and benefits program, including a 401(k) plan with Company match. For more information about our Company and to view all our open positions, please visit our website at www.rofin.com NASDAQ: RSTI
EOE including Vets and Disabled
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
To Apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line of the email.
40984 Concept Drive,
Plymouth, MI 84170, USA
The NSF Engineering Research Center for Mid-InfraRed Technologies for Health and the Environment (MIRTHE), headquartered at Princeton University and with its partners, City College of New York; The Johns Hopkins University; Rice University; Texas A&M and the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), announces opportunities for Research Experience for Undergraduates (REUs) in its laboratories.
The MIRTHE REU program is focused on providing students with the opportunity to carry out research at the forefront of mid-IR spectroscopy and engineering. In addition, we provide a proactive educational program consisting of short courses and lectures, designed to introduce students to the grand challenges of engineering research. Special seminars also examine the role of science and engineering in society. Visits to local government and industrial labs in the area are arranged.
Students will receive a stipend of $500/week. On-campus housing is available.
Undergraduates who will bring diversity by reason of their culture, class, race ethnicity, background, work and life experiences are especially encouraged to apply. Students must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent residents and must have at least one semester remaining in their undergraduate education after their participation in the REU program.
Program dates: 06/06/2016 – 07/29/2016
Application Deadline: 03/01/2016
Application: on line at www.mirthecenter.org
Princeton University (lead)
City College of New York
University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
Materials Science and Engineering
PATENT EXAMINER STUDENT TRAINEE
INFORMATION SESSION – February 11, 2016
The U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) is in the process of hiring student veterans for our paid Veteran Internship Program (VIP) – Patent Examiner Student Trainee. The VIP is specifically designed to provide student veterans a unique opportunity to navigate the frontiers of technology and learn what a career as a patent examiner can afford. The internship is open to student veterans who are studying com-puter, electrical or mechanical engineering and will complete their undergraduate degree between May 2017 and December 2017.
Please register for one of our upcoming info sessions on February 11th, where you will get detailed in-formation about the VIP and hear from current and former participants. You may attend in person at our headquarters in Alexandria, VA, or virtually via WebEx. Once you register, you will receive the details for virtual and in-person participation.
Session One: 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET
Session Two: 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. ET
Entry Level Electrical Engineer
The National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) Earth Observing Laboratory’s (EOL) In‐Situ Sensing Facility (ISF) seeks a full‐time entry level Electrical Engineer to join a technical team of engineers, scientists, and technicians to support the development and deployment of advanced instrumentation for meteorological research.
Electrical engineering design | Development of atmospheric instruments
Field deployment and operation of EOL atmospheric instruments, primarily the dropsonde systems
EOL serves the advanced observational needs of the atmospheric science community by providing a flexible, state‐of‐the‐art backbone measurement capability applicable to a wide range of experimental needs ‐ emphasizing advanced sensor capabilities, sensor integration, system mobility, and the ability to deploy to remote or difficult locations throughout the world. A wide range of electrical engineering technologies is used in these instruments, including RF/analog, digital, embedded and communications systems. The Dropsonde system flies on NSF/NCAR’s aircraft, the NASA Global Hawk UAS, and many other aircraft worldwide, all having a significant impact in helping atmospheric scientists better understand severe weather like typhoons, hurricanes, and severe thunderstorms. This job provides the opportunity to be involved with all aspects of the instrument that has direct societal impacts.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and at least one year of engineering experience; OR
an equivalent combination of education and experience (including internships and labs).
Recently‐graduated engineers are encouraged to apply.
Job Activities include:
Work as part of a team to research, design, develop, integrate, test and troubleshoot specialized atmospheric instrumentation with emphasis on electronic circuit and embedded systems development and data analysis tools for atmospheric observations.
Provide engineering manufacturing support to the production of dropsondes and proactive engineering planning/design for upgrades.
Perform engineering system design and performance analysis using Computer Aided Design (CAD) simulator tools.
Perform final instrument system testing, field set‐up and field operations, and travel to the field in support of observations.
Produce professional engineering documentation for instruments and projects.
NCAR provides a full range of benefits and opportunities for growth.
Apply online at http://ucarcareers.silkroad.com/
SEMCOG currently has an opening in its Plan Implementation Group for a qualified, energetic career professional interested in performing challenging work in an open, collaborative environment. The individual must be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
SEMCOG seeks a regional/urban planner, civil engineer, or other degreed candidate with a minimum of one year working in the field of transportation safety. As a member of the Plan Implementation Group, the selected candidate will assist with developing the safety components of the regional transportation plan as well as implementing the Southeast Michigan Traffic Safety Plan. This includes performing data collection and analysis, conducting safety audits, participating in regional and state safety committees, coordinating with member governments and planning partners, administering meetings, and creating presentation materials. Facilitation of safety topics and implementation activities, include: engineering, education, enforcement, and emergency response.
The successful candidate will have strong quantitative skills needed for technical analysis, as well as skills working with local governments and partners. The candidate needs to be able to integrate work with other SEMCOG priorities, including multimodal planning, green infrastructure, and pedestrian/bicycle safety, etc. GIS (geographic information systems) experience is desired. A college degree in planning, engineering, or related field is required.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact and work with a range of external stakeholders such as federal, state, county, and local agencies. The candidate must have good organization and time management skills, and be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with internal staff. Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills required, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
We offer a mix of benefits designed to meet the needs of a diverse staff:
• Nine paid holidays and 25.5 accrued paid time-off days
• Immediate medical, dental, disability, life insurance, unemployment, and workers’ compensation protection
• Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
• Retirement benefits
• Tuition assistance
• Transit or parking assistance
• Student loan forgiveness may also be available
Resumes accepted until Friday, February 12, 2016.
Respond with cover letter including salary expectations, and resume to:
1001 Woodward Avenue, Suite 1400
Detroit, MI 48226
Parjana Engineering Department
GIS Analyst/CAD Technician
Company Name: Parjana Distribution
Contact: Charline Hunt
Job Title: GIS Analyst/CAD Technician
Parjana Distribution provides innovative solutions for water management. These solutions include the use of the EGRP® system which facilitates the process of natural water drainage without the need for electricity, at a rate faster than that of natural conditions. The company has solved drainage problems all over South-East Michigan, and is currently working on projects throughout the United States and Europe.
Perform technical drafting, mapping, and data management services as requested.
Review/perform layout, drafting, review, scanning, tracking, and plotting tasks associated with exhibits, maps, plats, surveys, legal descriptions, construction plans and quantity take offs.
Review/perform collection, processing and maintenance of geospatial and tabular data and information for use in geographic information systems (GIS)
Minimum Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, ArcGIS (ESRI software), Access and other specialized GIS and mapping related software preferred. Ability to perform duties and prepare plans, maps and drawings from general notes and verbal instruction. Highly organized and experienced with collecting, analyzing and maintaining large amounts of data.
Pending or Complete Associates Degree or Bachelor degree in GIS, Geography, Engineering, Planning, or other related field and one (1) year experience with AutoCAD, Access software and ArcGIS required.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, marked with attention to Charline Hunt
INTERNSHIPS AT YAZAKI
- Are you majoring in Engineering, Business, or Supply Chain?
- Are you interested in a full-time PAID internship & hands-on experience?
- Interested in the automotive industry?
- Yazaki, an automotive supplier, is hosting 33 interns at our location in Canton, MI.
- Duration: 5/16 – 9/2
- GPA: 3.0
- Please apply via Yazaki’s website: www.yazaki-na.com/careers
The 39th Annual ASCE Student Night is scheduled for Tuesday, February 23, 2016 @ Lawrence Technological University in Southfield, Michigan. This event is one of the Branch’s most anticipated and highly attended events. It provides students and young professionals a chance to network with experienced engineers and learn about the engineering community in Southeast Michigan. Follow the link below for more details on the evening, registration form, and a map of the LTU campus.
Please register by February 5, 2016.
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- Exide Technologies has a rich history spanning more than 120 years in the battery business. Our strengths demonstrate Exide’s position as a forerunner of industrial advancement around the world. With countless contributions to the growth of technology, our story reflects the spirit of innovation and resilience at its best.
Today, Exide serves the complex stored energy needs of customers around the world. We provide services and systems that enhance vehicle performance and fleet utilization as well as those that reduce risk of temporary interruptions of power supplies. Our global footprint melds together our two significant bases of experience in transportation and industrial markets and provides for better and faster means of introducing innovations in products and services. Exide is working to change the way the world uses and stores electrical energy. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Now that you have read this far, it is time to submit an online application. To apply for this position or to explore other employment opportunities with Exide Technologies, visit our website at www.exide.com.
Individual would provide cost effective deigns, act as project manager, and interface with OE customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty under the guidance of the appropriate supervisor and/or by himself. Essential duties include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Design products to meet requirements of customers and/or marketing and sales
- Prepare Bills of Material necessary for battery construction
- Issue product specifications to match product construction or in support of other departments
- Initiate sample builds
- Manage projects which include coordinating with plant personnel and outside suppliers
- Make oral and written presentations (i.e. monthly status report)
- Coordinate activities with other engineers
- Assist plants in development of work instructions
- Interface with customer to maintain a working relationship with engineers and solve customer field/engineering problems
No supervisory responsibilities, but may provide guidance to others performing the same type of work and may coordinate the activities of an assigned group of employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience, Certifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Minimum of one year’s experience in the automotive industry, preferably with an manufacturer
- OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge:
- Demonstrate an ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before groups
- Ability to calculate figures such as statistical, algebraic and trigonometric values, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Familiarity with the application of basic concepts of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and handle a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
PC Software Knowledge:
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Windows based programs, spreadsheets and word processing programs
- Hearing, speaking, seeing, writing, standing, lifting (50 lbs), sitting, bending, walking, and carrying
- Normal office environment and occasional field visits where there is some exposure to lead, acid, fumes, dirt, and noise
- Basic knowledge of CAD systems and ability to read drawings
- Ability to translate basic chemical and electrochemical concepts to detailed battery training.
Travel, additional requirements:
Some travel required (25-35%)
Exide Technologies provides a Drug-Free Workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Exide does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you require an accommodation to complete an application, please contact Human Resources at 678-566-9033. EOE M/F/D/V
- Job Location
- Wixom, Michigan, United States
- Position Type
- Gain invaluable exposure to life and careers with the world’s largest food and beverage company
- Network with key employees, including members of the Nestlé USA Executive Leadership Team
- Partake in leadership development skill sessions
- Give back to the community by utilizing their leadership skills in a volunteer activity
- Build a network of peers from universities across the nation
- Interview for a full-time development program or summer 2017 internship, returning to school with the chance of a job offer and scholarship offer in hand
- Must graduate between December 2016 and June 2018
- Résumé and experience must demonstrate leadership and a commitment to diversity & inclusion
- Must be eligible and interested in one of our undergraduate programs in the following business functions: Finance/Accounting, Operations/Engineering, Sales, Supply Chain/Procurement
- Must successfully complete a phone interview
|Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to ensure that you receive AfterCollege emails to your inbox.
You are receiving this email because you are subscribed to receive outreach notifications.