The project is java based and covers the following:
· Focus on the MapDB Module www.mapdb.org
· Description for the initial MapDB-based work. More detailed deliverables defined based on your familiarity with java.
– This project involves processing large amount of tabular data using in-memory DB techniques (as opposed to traditional DBs that hold most of their data in media such as hard disks).
– The tasks involve loading huge amounts of data from Disk Based Files into in-memory data structures (built using MapDB Java library), filtering and processing in along the way to rationalize the size of the data kept in memory.
– After loading the data in-memory, a variety of rules are applied to the contents, using efficient MapDB functionality, to analyze this data (mining )
– The results are summarized and saved for future use for data complexity reduction actions (which data to keep, fix or delete)
– This work is posed as a contrast to traditional relational DB-based using (e.g., using Oracle tabular data).
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Jobs at Intel
Bold and brainy? Welcome home.
We’re reinventing our company, working faster than ever on more ideas than ever. Bring your brilliance and let’s make it happen. Come join us!
Innovation isn’t easy. Or quick to come by. So ours is a challenging workplace. One where creativity and collaboration reign. Where teams are diverse, competitive and continually searching for tomorrow’s technology.
Or search a location for jobs in one of the 45 countries where Intel has offices.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
Title: Intern – Sales / Engineering
Type: Part Time
Division: PT – Sealing & SP – Sealing
Location: Southfield, MI, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
An intern student is one who is participating in an established internship program sponsored by an accredited college or university. For students bringing a team-oriented spirit, an eagerness to learn and a strong analytical ability, this is an excellent opportunity to join the Technical Sales Team of a leading global Fortune 500 company. We are looking for a talented Sales/Engineering student with an interest in business development and sales for an internship opportunity.
Support technical sales team as needed. Areas of opportunity include such functions as: Supporting the sales and engineering teams with technical sales presentations.
Assist account managers with engineering estimates and quotations.
Act as an internal interface for the sales organization on all aspects of new product introduction and day-to-day business functions.
Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Engineering or equivalent required with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven track record of accomplishments both inside and outside of the educational setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong motivation to drive results
- Interest in automotive, energy, industrial and transportation industry
- Ability and drive to solve problems and suggest proactive solutions
- Would prefer to be able to work a minimum of 14 hours per week during school year – full-time during summer
This position is currently based in Southfield but in March 2016 will be moving to our Plymouth facility (off of Beck Road and M-14).
Apply through website: www.federalmogul.com
10 – 15 Software Engineering Positions (available for US Citizens).
BS Degree required in Electrical, Electronics or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
Potential access to tank is required, must meet ASR requirements
- Linux C++ code environment.
- OpenCV or CL
- Experience with Stereo, SFM, SLAM, Extended Kalman filters, Machine Learning, or Convolutional Neural Networks algorithms.
- Knowledge of CMake, Ruby, and Rake.
- Ability to debug systems with 50+ simultaneous threads
- Creation of a Semantic Ground Truth model: development of robot behaviors to “wander” and “search” a defined area
Looking for experienced Modeling and Simulation Engineers to join our team
- Experience in both Windows and LINUX operating systems a must.
- Familiarity with multiple common, physics-based simulation engines in use by industry and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Experience developing or integrating component models, including sensor models, mechanical dynamics models, surface contact models.
- Real time software development or hardware in the loop application development experience
Siemens Teamcenter PLM API’s and related application framework.
- Oracle application support
- Familiar with ADA programming languages & UML and Object Orientated concepts required.
- Linux, Unix & PC experience.
Send resume and cover letter to: Michael Cosman email@example.com
SCOPE OF WORK
– Model internal combustion engine, driveline and vehicle systems as part of an engine control research team
– Develop, maintain and adhere to modeling schedules within the larger project schedule
– Generate model documentation, quality reports, and parameter identification scripts
– Self-motivated & directed with ability to schedule and coordinate activities with project lead & university
– Ability to generate concise & clear progress updates, presentations and reports
– Enthusiasm for model automotive systems – especially for longitudinal vehicle dynamics, fuel economy and emissions
– Co-Op assignment (working towards MSME)
– Preferred: Expertise in the Modelica and/or Simscape modeling languages
– Required: Expertise in plant modeling in Simulink
Send resume and cover letter to: Michael Cosman firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for two interns in our Municipal Project and IT Services divisions respectively. The Municipal intern should be from civil/environmental engineering, the IT services intern could be from any discipline.
The work location would be our corporate office at 7310 Woodward Avenue.
We are looking at a start date of 20th May with a three month tenure.
Resumes and cover letters to: Shashidhar Shastri, President and CEO. email@example.com
*Need help with resume and cover letter before you submit to the company president and CEO? Contact Sondra Auerbach firstname.lastname@example.org in the College of Engineering.
Skill Development opportunity for our students – undergraduate or graduate. Pizza provided by Brightwing recruiters!
- Tuesday, May 19th
- Fishbowl/Ford Student Activities Room, Engineering Building, 5050 Anthony Wayne Drive
- Pizza lunch
In today’s market, everyone needs a talent agent
This discussion is for entry level engineers looking to stand out from their peers and get ahead in today’s job market. Learn about the hot buttons to add to your resume to make companies call you back. We’ll also cover the types of employment options available to help you get your foot in the door. You’ll learn the ins and outs of working with a recruiter. Don’t miss this opportunity to ask questions and get real answers from senior engineering recruiters in the field.
May 16, 2015 RACE DAY SCHEDULE
6:30 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
Team MEET open
Packet Pickup, Registration, Survivor Café, Children’s Area and Sponsor Booths open
Survivor & Memorial Recognition Ceremony, emceed by Lila Lazarus (inside Chene Park Amphitheater)
Competitive 5K Start (women and men)
5K Walk Start (women and men)
Closing Ceremony – runner and team awards, emceed by Local 4’s Ashlee Baracy (inside Chene Park Amphitheater)
Race Route / Team Meet:
The 5k Walk will start on Jefferson Ave between Dubois and Chene Streets and the 5k Run will start slightly ahead on Jefferson between Chene and Joseph Campau Ave. That being said, the easiest place for a team meet will be at the Jefferson Chevrolet car dealership at Jefferson and Dubois St (right by the walk area) at 8:30am. Please bring your Wayne Cares signs so that your team members will be able to find you!
Our Team name is Wayne Cares – Engineering Warriors ( Carmen Gamlin)
- You can walk or run for this Saturday, May 16th event.
- You can just show up on Saturday and register on site.
- You could also join in with the Engineering Warriors team by donating via this website http://www.active.com/donate/detroitRFTC15/rftc15CGamlin
There is Victory in Every Step
This is the College of Engineering’s first time having a team of
students, staff, faculty and alumni.
If you have questions, then feel free to contact email@example.com.
It is a great time to be an Engineer!
The fellowship, Hacker Fellows was put together by the MEDC, Invest Detroit and Grand Circus; it places graduates with computer science degrees into startups around Michigan (specifically Detroit and Metro-Detroit) with a minimum annualized salary of $60,000. We are interested in targeting those who have graduated within the past two years with computer science majors.
More about Hacker Fellows:
“Become a critical part of a small team at a Michigan-based startup. Hacker fellows is a unique opportunity to launch into the Michigan startup scene while earning a salary that reflects all the effort you put into your degree. As you know, fellows will benefit from creating relationships with entrepreneurs and learn the logistics of entrepreneurship. After a 5-week bootcamp in Detroit, fellows will be placed with a Michigan startup, working as a software developer for the remainder of the year-long fellowship. Fellows will receive a minimum of an annualized salary of $60,000 during your fellowship year. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply and check out our website at www.hackerfellows.com.
Electrical Engineering Internship (Full Time/12 Months)
The Bosch Group manufactures and markets automotive original equipment and aftermarket products, industrial automation and mobile products, power tools and accessories, security technology, and packaging equipment. In North America, the Car Multimedia Division supplies original equipment products to vehicle manufacturers as well as aftermarket products to consumers. These products include mobile entertainment systems, navigation and driver information systems. As a leading supplier in the automotive industry, Robert Bosch LLC has made its Farmington Hills and Plymouth Michigan facilities the headquarters for its North American automotive businesses. These facilities house more than 1,700 associates who are dedicated to improving relationships with our customers and furthering Bosch’s technologies.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected
Provides assistant in the Quality Lab
- Your competencies and qualifications:
- Candidates pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering or another related field are strongly preferred.
- Familiar with Electronics
- Able to work 30-40 hours
- Minimum GPA 3.0
Make it happen. Apply now.
Reference no.: US00027961
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Apply now online!Use our online application form and your information will reach us safely and quickly.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application due to disability, call 1-855-685-0010 and leave your
contact information and position of interest. Only messages requesting accommodation with the online application due to a
disability will be returned.