Deanna Celsi, the Co-op Coordinator for DENSO International America
wants to engage WSU Mechanical Engineering students.
Denso is the second largest global automotive supplier, a 39 billion dollar company that specializes in the research and design of advanced automotive technology. Denso operates in seven segments, powertrain systems, thermal systems, safety systems, body electronics, industrial systems, heavy duty, and DENSO after market.
Selected candidate will assist thermal r&d group with supporting the design and development of Thermal System Business.
Duties will include, designing, DFMEA analysis, testing, benchmarking, preparing technical reports and VA/VE investigation.
Position requires a sophomore, junior or senior student pursuing a bachelors degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited four year university.
Mechanical engineering students can direct resumes/questions to Deanna at Deanna_Celsi@Denso-Diam.Com.
All WSU Warriors should enroll in the co-op course every semester.
Contact your co-op coordinator today, 313 577 3390.
Eview 360 is an international, award winning design agency that has been servicing clients in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East since 1999. Eview 360 works across print, digital and physical environments to support global brands across a variety of industries. Our team of Architects, Interior, Graphic and Web Designers, Project Managers, Marketing Executives and 3D and Animation Specialists work together to help clients enhance the customer experience and convey a consistent message at each point of public interaction.
This position will play a critical role in the design, development, and rollout of web-based applications using the Microsoft suite of development tools. Qualified candidates will have experience across the full spectrum of application development including business requirements analysis, functional and technical design, graphical user interface (GUI) design, programming, testing, and deployment.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
• 2-5 years Object Oriented Programming in a .Net framework- C#, ASP.net, VB.net.
• Programming in mobile/tablet platforms (iOS and Android)
• Experience working with Linux
Technical Skills Required:
Software development and strong programming experience to include:
• SQL and MySQL Database experience
• Crystal Reports XI
• IIS 7.0 web server experience
• VB.net and ASP.net programming experience
• Visual Studio experience
• 4+ years of SQL experience
• .Net Framework 4.0
Soft Skills Requirements:
• Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills
• Must have the ability work under pressure to meet client deadlines
• Must have excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Exhibit extreme attention to detail
This position was sent to WSU’s College of Engineering from Tamrice McChristion, Human Resource Generalist at Eview 360 |Moda 360. Send all resumes by Friday, July 25th to her attention at email@example.com.
If you are seeking employment or admission to an academic program, you will likely need to have polished your interviewing skills to enhance your consideration. In fact, having good interviewing skills could help you communicate effectively when networking with professors and colleagues. WSU Career Services Counselors will have two final Interviewing Skills Workshops this summer.
Attending these workshops is a good career decision and a great use of your time. All prospective co-op/internship students are encouraged to attend an interviewing workshop. Workshop attendees will gain valuable information about:
- Researching prospective employers
- Marketing yourself
- Secrets to interview success
- Writing thank-you letters
No scheduling is involved; just come to one of the hour long sessions listed below:
Wednesday, July 23 3:00 pm 1339 Faculty Administration Building
Thursday, July 31 2:30 pm 1339 Faculty Administration Building
The Pre-Med Information Sessions are workshops
designed for students pursuing pre-med preparation at WSU.
Students are encouraged to attend an information session
before scheduling an appointment with a pre-med Advisor.
Information Covered will include:
Required/Recommended Pre-med coursework
Tips on scheduling your courses
Extra-curricular and Health-care Experiences
Application timeline / Gap Year
Pre-Med Listserve and social media
Getting involved – Pre-Med Student Organizations
All Information Sessions are in the Undergraduate Library – University Advising Center lab 1600 UGL
Information Session Dates
August 13 11:00 – Noon
August 18 3:00 – Noon
September 15 3:00 – 4:00
September 23 11:00 – Noon
October 2 3:00 – 4:00
October 15 11:00 – Noon
October 28 3:00 – 4:00
November 7 11:00 – Noon
November 19 3:00 – Noon
December 4 11:00 – Noon
December 15 3:00 – 4:00
The Process Engineer is a member of a team of eight engineers, and expected to act as a leader within the facility. This engineer will be the owner of the plant’s distillation, condensation, exhaust scrubbing, and solvent storage processes. The engineer will strengthen the group by providing separation process and organic chemistry knowledge, and will be a valuable member of plant process troubleshooting teams. Strong communication and teamwork skills are essential.
- Responsible for maintaining, operating, and optimizing large scale batch distillation processes.
- Hands-on owner of the manufacturing equipment within the Solvent Recovery System (SRS).
- Support EH&S engineers with projects related to waste stream management.
- Generate and maintain control plan and PFMEA documents.
- Member of cross functional troubleshooting teams.
- Work with the laboratory team developing and executing various product analysis methods.
- Assist the maintenance and facilities teams with developing a robust preventative maintenance and spare parts plan.
- Train team members on the operational concepts of the distillation system.
- Drive a positive, constructive, and cooperative environment within the functional team, as well as manufacturing team, and ultimately the entire A123 team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability of motivation and leadership for problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of APQP, 5S, and Six Sigma Principles.
- Knowledge of Process Control such as control plan, FMEA development, etc.
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment specification, procurement, validation plan creation and execution.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams to document, prioritize, and execute tasks related to process and machinery issue resolution and continual improvement initiatives
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related field required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment; automotive preferred.
- Experience with separation processes is required, specifically: distillation, condensation, and filtration.
- Prior coating process experience is preferred.
- Prior mixing and milling process experience is preferred.
- Prior battery experience is preferred.
This position was sent to WSU Engineering by Andrew Muchmore, Manager at A123 Systems.
Apply online at A123 Systems, http://www.a123systems.com/about-us-careers.htm
One more Co-op Prep Workshops in Preparation for Internships and Co-op Opportunities
Both Undergraduate and Graduate WSU Students are Welcomed to Attend the Workshop
Tuesday, July 15th at 2:30 in the Fishbowl, room 1520 EDC
Maureen Johnson, WSU Career ServicesCo-op / Internship Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org 313 577-3390
College of Engineering: BioMedE, ChemE, Civil & EnvE, ECE, EE, EET
College of Liberal Arts & Science
School of Business: ACC, FIN & SOB has Career Planning and Placement Office
Diane Grimord, WSU Career Services Co-op / Internship Coordinator
College of Engineering: BioMedE, CSC, IE, ME, EMT, MCT
College of Fine and Performing Arts
School of Business: GSC, ISM, MGT, MKT & SOB has Career Planning and Placement Office
Carmen Gamlin, College of Engineering Career Services Consultant
email@example.com 313 577-3386
Skype Username: WSUEngineeringCareerServices
College of Engineering Undergrad and Graduate Career Advising & Employer Services
Inforum is conducting a statewide customer discovery survey to inform constituents about their programming and ensure that they are delivering entrepreneurial support programs that truly meet the needs of women entrepreneurs, and accelerate their ability to scale their businesses, raise capital and create jobs.
This message was sent tot the College of Engineering by Rachele Downs, Vice President of Entrepreneurial Strategies at Inforum.
Dear Michigan Entrepreneur,
When you consider the impact of women as college graduates, employees, consumers, producers, and entrepreneurs — one thing is clear; gender balance isn’t an issue of fairness – it’s an economic issue that affects everyone.
According to Google for Entrepreneurs, women-led tech companies achieve a 35% higher return on investment, and, when venture-backed, bring in 12% more revenue than male-owned tech companies. Studies have shown that diverse teams create better products and run more successful companies. Additionally, women are highly efficient with capital, often running companies on 2/3 the funds of their male counterparts, yet they are only accessing roughly 4% of venture capital. Though its inGAGE™ strategy, Inforum is dedicated to providing world-class programming, together with the resources to address this need, to make Michigan the Midwest hub for high-tech, high-growth, women-led ventures.
To that end, we are conducting a statewide customer discovery survey to inform our programming and ensure we are delivering entrepreneurial support programs that truly meet the needs of women entrepreneurs, and accelerate their ability to scale their businesses, raise capital and create jobs. Whether you are an new women-led start-up, or a successful seasoned entrepreneur, we need to hear from you. Please take a moment to complete this important survey to support Michigan women entrepreneurs.
The survey will remain open until July 18th; please feel free to forward the survey link to others in your network who need entrepreneurial support or assistance or may be interested in sharing their perspective.
Very truly yours,
Entry-Level Product Engineer – Mechanical Analyst FEA Position
Posted today on CSO and Due by Thursday, July 10th
Required Knowledge and Experience:
• BSME ( or BSMET) from an ABET accredited program with 1 year of experience OR an Associates degree with 2 years’ experience OR 6 years of Daimler experience
• Must have strong fundamental engineering skills and will be required to pass an exam designed to assess these skills
• Working knowledge of Internal Combustion (I.C.) engines, and particularly of medium and heavy duty diesel engines
• Generate ideas to reduce product costs and execute tasks in support of cost reduction projects
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (especially PowerPoint and Excel)
• Demonstrated good teamwork skills
• Experience preparing presentations
• Demonstrated strong verbal & written skills
• Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate and collaborate with local and global colleagues on assigned projects
• Understanding of Engineering Processes and downstream impacts
• Experience identifying and solving the root cause of complex problems
• Experience implementing continuous improvement initiatives in area of responsibility
• Knowledge of other functional areas through project involvement
• Experience teaching others relevant Engineering concepts and tools
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering ( or Mechanical Engineering Technology) from an ABET accredited university
• A working background with CAD applications (CATIA, NX, or other)
• A finite element background working with Solvers such as Abaqus and PERMAS, pre and post processors such as Medina and SimLab
• Experience with vibration and modal frequency analysis and vibration measurements, as well as torsional vibration calculations of crankshaft and powertrains
• Experience using optimization software such as Altair’s Opti-Struct or Tosca
• Experience with Detroit and Daimler Systems
• Experience leading projects and solving problems
• German language skills
• Matlab / Simulink experience
• Additional consideration will be given to a candidate who also possesses the experience of using the cycle simulation tool GT-Power from Gamma Technologies.
This posting was sent to WSU College of Engineering by Lisa Harris, Talent Acquisition Specialist
at Daimler Trucks North America, LLC – www.dtna.jobs
This posting was sent to WSU College of Engineering by Jerry Myszkowski, Controller at FACTON, Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org
FACTON is the leading Enterprise Product Costing (EPC) solution for the automotive, aerospace, mechanical engineering and electronicsindustry. FACTON enables standardized, enterprise-wide costing, independent of location and department for maximum product cost transparency. This allows FACTON to unify the business-oriented view of the products and the technical standpoint of engineers. Now the costs of complex products can be monitored early on and throughout every phase of the product life cycle. FACTON helps businesses accelerate their costing, achieve pinpoint cost accuracy, and secure their profitability.
FACTON GmbH offers the Enterprise Product Costing solution of the same name. The company was founded in 1998 and has locations in Dresden, Potsdam and Detroit. Hasso Plattner, founder and chairman of the supervisory board of SAP AG, has supported this innovative company since 2006. The company’s customers include Airbus, Behr, Deutz, MANN+HUMMEL and Porsche. FACTON’s goal is to work with leading consultancy firms and research institutions to establish a unified cost management standard.
We are looking for an intern to support our consulting team in Detroit area to implement EPC solutions at automotive OEMs and tier-1 suppliers.
The main tasks are as follows:
- Support the execution of workshops to identify the gap between customer requirements and capabilities of our system
- Support the specification and documentation of customer specific configurations
- Support the project manager in project planning and administration activities
We offer paid full-time or part-time positions.
The ideal candidate for this position has the following qualification:
- Advanced undergraduate or bachelor degree in engineering, software engineering or business administration
- Interest to learn software implementation on the job
- Knowledge about product costing and cost controlling
- First-hand experience in automotive industry
- Good analytical and communication skills
If you are interested in increasing your capabilities in product cost management and software implementation, and if you want to join a dynamic team, please send us your resume.
This posting was sent to WSU College of Engineering by Jerry Myszkowski, Controller at FACTON, Inc., email@example.com
Cequent is recruiting all WSU recent College of Engineering gradates who have experience with 3D modeling systems, BOM, Item Masters & document change process is required. Apply online by Thursday, July 10th at:
The location is Plymouth, MI
Cequent Performance Products (a TriMas company) is seeking an experienced Design Engineer to join our team. This position will be located at our Plymouth, Michigan facility reporting to our Engineering Manager. Cequent Performance Products (CPP) is an operating group that is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of a broad range of accessories for light trucks, sport utility vehicles, recreational vehicles, passenger cars and trailers of all types. Products include towing and hitch systems, trailer components and accessories, and electrical, brake, cargo-carrying and rack systems.
This Candidate is responsible for working with customers to create designs, Quote drawing packages, and processing launches or changes. Working with Program Managers and following up with testing.
- Designer with the ability to manage drawings and system requirements for changes in the system.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, design and coordinate product launches to customer requirements.
- Ability to review vehicles, take measurements and create CAD data from raw information.
- Working with APQP procedures, design competitive, aesthetically pleasing and innovative towing products that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Requires entering BOM & Item Masters into QAD and processing Engineering Change Requests & Product changes in the OEM business.
- Fabricate and perform physical testing on engineering prototypes. Fabricating tasks may include welding, press operation, iron worker operation, and hand tool use. Training for Metal fab and welding to broaden Prototyped capabilities will be made available.
- Provide manufacturing drawings of components and assemblies using applicable industry and business standards. Also provide templates and DXF files for Plasma profiles.
- Demonstrate the ability to make things happen in an APQP environment.
- Determine and provide illustration(s) and text for instruction sheets.
- Learn to use Finite Element Analysis to evaluate structures (with training).
- Some travel regionally is expected.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum: 4 year Engineering degree.
- 3-5 years of welded structures for aftermarket or OEM experience is a plus.
- Experience in metal fabrication (prototype building and shop practices) a plus.
- Must be able to show experience of timely completion of independent work.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Experience with 3D modeling systems, BOM, Item Masters & document change process is required.
- Show interest in Auto Industry, specifically: trends, new vehicle introductions.
This position was sent to WSU COE by Sara Piatt, Human Resource Manager: