WISE (Washington Internships for Students of Engineering)
Application Deadline: December 31
SAE is one of the participating societies in the WISE Program and sponsors one intern each summer to spend nine weeks in Washington D.C. to learn about the public policy process including how government officials make decisions on complex technological issues and how engineers can contribute to legislative and regulatory public policy decisions. The program is ranked as one of the best Internship opportunities in the U.S. by the Princeton Review. The program seeks applications from outstanding engineering students who display evidence of leadership skills and have a keen interest in public policy.
- Applicants must be juniors, seniors, or entering their final year of undergraduate studies in engineering (or computer science).
- Applicants may also be engineering graduates who are beginning their Masters level of study in a technology policy-related degree.
- Minority students are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be citizens or legal permanent residents of the United States.
Visit the WISE web site for further information, http://www.wise-intern.org/.
- Support Lead Engineer with all NA customers (GM, Ford, Chrysler, Nissan, Toyota, and Honda) for Sumitomo wire harness and wire harness component technologies (including PDB, JB’s, SJB’s and high voltage technologies)
- Coordinate information flow between SEWS, SWS, AN Tech from customer
- Research and understand customer expectations and requirements related to automotive wire harness and wire harness component technologies (including PDB, JB’s, SJB’s and high voltage technologies)
- Support Sumitomo technology capability presentations with customers
- Support all technology or technology exhibitions with customers—coordinate activities with customer as well as coordinate all internal preparation
- Coordinate market research related information to automotive technologies (electrical and electronically focused)
- Benchmark NA vehicles
- Effectively communicate with Japanese counterparts
- Work with program teams to develop applications/implementations for technologies and support business case analysis development
- 4 year degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 1 plus years of experience in Automotive design (Harness/ Component/ and Technology Related)
- Good communication skills
- Japanese language skills
Human Resources Assistant
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
22300 Haggerty Rd.
Northville, MI 48167
Career Integration is recruiting domestic WSU Engineering Talent for an Application Engineer Position
International automotive OEM is seeking an Applications Engineer for location near Farmington Hills, MI.
This is a full time 40+ hour per week position. Seeking a recent graduate up to 4 years of experience with either an Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Act as a liaison between customers, engineering, and production facilities and manages application engineering projects.
- Functions as contact person for customer engineers.
- Performs and/or reviews product planning, testing and analysis activities.
- Develops, understand and reports customer warranty data.
- Identifies future business opportunities and potential risks. Investigates competitor products.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal and external customers to address and resolve daily issues, gather information, focus on customer and competitor trends, relate pertinent information back to management.
- Assists in cost analysis, tracking and coordination activities as required.
- Supports business expansion activities; assists in the development of customer and product based strategies for specific products/commodities
- Assists in development and execution of sales and engineering plans.
- Assists in the compilation, preparation, review, and submission of request for quotation (RFQ) materials and related information.
- Assists in negotiating internally and externally regarding pricing, costs and timing.
- Coordinates pre-production activities including processing orders, quoting pricing, developing new product schedules, coordinating tooling, ensuring part readiness, etc.
- Maintains program timing and related activities including design changes, build out of vehicle, part number changes, obsolescence claims and packaging approvals.
- Facilitates PPAP schedule and ensures launch preparedness by managing design changes and ensuring plants meet delivery targets according to customer requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering REQUIRED
- 0-4 years’ experience
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
Qualified individuals please submit resume to: email@example.com
PepsiCo offers the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 different product lines that each generates more than $1 billion in annual retail sales. Our main businesses — Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay, and Pepsi Cola – also make hundreds of other enjoyable foods and beverages that are respected household names throughout the world. With net revenues of approximately $65 billion, PepsiCo’s employees are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth; we believe that investing in a healthier future for our planet and its people also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo’s promise to deliver sustained value by providing a wide range of foods and beverages, from treats to healthy eats; finding innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment and lower our costs through energy and water conservation as well as reduce our use of packaging material; providing a safe and inclusive workplace for our employees globally; and respecting, supporting and investing in the local communities in which we operate.
The Pepsi Americas Beverages’ Supply Chain Operations Future Leaders Program provides a demanding, fast-paced environment in a competitive industry, where growth equals opportunity and fun accompanies the challenge! Decisions are made in “real time” where interns have the opportunity to provide support through the application of core analyses and engineering techniques, including process flow design and mapping, productivity measures, time studies, data collection and computational analyses within production and operations areas of our facilities. We are looking for future leaders of the company; our Campus hires begin their career with unlimited career growth potential!
What you can expect:
- You will work in one of PepsiCo’s Manufacturing & Warehouse environments such as Pepsi, Gatorade or Tropicana
- You will be exposed to critical elements of the M&W Process including, Quality Control, Production, Maintenance, Warehouse Operations, Packaging, Processing of Fruit (Tropicana)
- You will be provided exposure to work with Supervisors to manage all daily operations within the packaging, load and warehouse departments
- You will learn to manage production staff to attain production and quality goals
- You will be given a project where you will be asked to identify problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolve issues
- You will gain a valuable understanding of the link between Warehouse & Selling
What we’re looking for:
- Preferred majors include: All Engineering Majors, Food Science, Operations/Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Others Majors considered: Organizational Leadership & Supervision and Business Management
- Involvement in a minimum of one extracurricular activity
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to coach, develop and influence various teams
- Using analytical thinking skills through qualitative and quantitative analysis; a strong drive to fix problems and design solutions is key to an individual’s success at PepsiCo
- Work a flexible schedule, which may include early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
- Previous experience in an operations environment (on or off campus; either through part time jobs or through academic clubs)
- Leading people or leading projects throughout your academic career (on or off campus)
- Flexibility for relocation will allow for greater advancement opportunities
- Candidates should be completing their Junior year of studies
- Bachelor’s degree completed no later than August 2016
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship
- Must pass a drug screen and background investigation
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
How to apply:
To be considered for an interview, you must submit your resume with the career center and complete an online application on our website.
To apply for the position on our website, please follow the instructions at the link below:
Rithtech Consulting is a niche IT consulting firm, specializing in projects that involve the most unique and in demand IT technologies. As part of our business model, we focus on those technologies with an imbalance between supply and demand of certified talent, ensuring both our success and the success of your career. Our internship would best be described as a full time job with a 90 day training period. Job placement is anywhere in the continental US, so it’s imperative that you have completed those studies which demand campus attendance. We are seeking Master students (F1 students are most welcome) on OPT/CPT. Any Engineering discipline is acceptable, as we will match you with a training/certification/placement suitable to your skill set. We provide :
- OPT/H1B Visa
- Rapid Job Placement
- Starting Salary of $65,000
- Comprehensive benefits package
Michael Holmes will be present to present this opportunity for graduating Engineers
Wednesday, October 22nd
between 3:00 and 5:00 in 1520 EDC
Feel free to connect with him on LinkedIn.
Director of Resource Management
3rd Annual Biology, Geology and Environmental Science Career Fair
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
McGregor Memorial Conference Center
For more information contact:
Rebecca Russell- Academic Advisor Biological Sciences
313-577-2296 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- RSVP and you will have a name tag at the career fair as well as receive an email with tips on preparing for the event and a reminder
- RSVP website: events.wayne.edu then go to the date of the fair, click on the event title and select the yellow RSVP NOW button (top right of page)
- Remember that professional dress is required to enter the event and you will need to bring your OneCard
Institute for Industrial Engineering, IIE
Association of Computer Machinery, ACM
Improvement Path Systems Information Session
Tuesday, October 21st
1:30 to 3:00
Manufacturing Building in the High Bay area (first floor)
They are actively recruiting for the winter and summer.
Dress casual and bring your resume.
Go to the following link to sign up: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19J_zI7ePRA1FfxXmOfs8EiyjodLedSNsxEXP-_ecyAU/viewform
Jacobs Engineering Human Resource representative Michelle Miller is seeking resumes for web engineering position. This position is posted on the Career Services website, www.careerservices.wayne.edu. applicants need to be either a US Citizen / Permanent Resident / Citizen of Canada or Mexico for the NAFTA agreement.
Requisition Number: 14948
Date Posted: 10/23/2013 5:26:00 PM
City, State: Allen Park, MI
Department: SIL -Days
Employment Type: Full Time
Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology division of Jacobs Engineering, one of the nation’s largest engineering and technical services-only companies. Jacobs is the world’s top supplier of automotive test facilities, providing a full range of services to commercial automotive industry customers. Customers include not only the world’s major vehicle providers and other original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), but also clients from the international motorsports community Our experience encompasses virtually every type of automotive test facility, including climatic and driveability wind tunnels; aerodynamic, acoustic, and thermodynamic wind tunnels; emissions test rooms; soak rooms; altitude chambers; engine and powertrain test cells; and electromagnetic anechoic chambers. We not only design and build these facility systems assets but also operate, maintain, and manage these facilities.
- Must have experience and passion for developing efficient tools and applications in support of laboratory, engineering or other structured processes
- General coding or scripting background (2+ years required)
- Database planning, creation & modification including SQL experience (2+ years desired)
- MS Office Applications
- Visual Basic/VBA macro development experience a plus
- Mobile device application experience a plus
- The ability to work and handle complex assignments with a high degree of independence is a must
- B.S. in Engineering, test laboratory experience a plus
Physical Requirements: Lifting Less than 50 lbs. 25% Special clothing / equipment (wearing) PPE may be required including slip resistant hardened to shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection in designated areas, 100% Exposure to high noise areas possible in test facility, 25%
Work Environment: Inside office environment, test lab – 100% May require occasional local travel – 25%
Equipment and Machines: Computer, fax machine, copier, telephone – 100%
Attendance: Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. – 100% Day Shift May need to cover into afternoon or arrive early dependent upon workload Regular attendance and punctuality critical
Other Essential Functions:
Must take and pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and background check
Attorney Nicholas Kolderman,
2014 USPTO Student Ambassador
holds office hours for all students interested in
Developing Federal Resumes
Assistance with Federal Application Process
Stop in room 1527 EDC on Mondays
between 11:00 and 1:00
or schedule an appointment via email at
Nicholas Kolderman is a graduate student at Wayne State University pursuing a Masters in Biomedical Engineering, concentrating in smart sensor technology. Nicholas earned a Bachelor’s degree in Biology from Bowling Green State University and a Juris Doctorate at The Ohio State University. During the summer of 2014, Nicholas completed an externship with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) at the satellite office in Detroit, Michigan. As an extern, he researched and reviewed patent applications, conducted prior art investigations in order to determine patentability of the inventions based on Title 35 of the United States Code, and drafted non-final actions in accordance with the Manual for Patent Examination. Nicholas enjoys running, racquetball and is active in numerous student organizations. As an ambassador, Nicholas hopes to reach out to students in order to increase awareness of federal opportunities and to encourage them to look towards the federal government in their pursuit of public service!
ROLE OF STUDENT AMBASSADOR
The role of the student ambassador is to use their internship experience to lead a major outreach effort to increase interest in and knowledge of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) at Wayne State University. Nicholas Kolderman reports that his goal is to increase the number of students applying for USPTO positions through a number of activities including presentations, meeting with key faculty and staff, and individually advising students.
On behalf of the College of Engineering Career Resource Center
We would like to thank
Ford Motor Company for their generous donation to the
Engineering Student Leader /Recruiter Networking Luncheon
Ford has made a commitment in both time and support to WSU Engineering Careers
Thank you Ford!
Its great time to be an Engineer!