Alex is a Talent Agent for Vision IT. They have been tasked with recruiting Design Release Engineering Assistant, DREA for GM Tech Center. He is looking for Students who have recently graduated or are planning on graduating in December 2014. Applicants should need to have some internship and co-op experience. If the candidate has a 4 year degree they would have the potential to go direct if the opportunity presented itself. This is a 12 month contract, $19-20 /hour located at the GM Warren Tech Center.
VisionIT | 3031 W. Grand Blvd Suite 600 | Detroit, MI 48202
Ahopko@visionit.com | visionit.com
Design Release Engineer Assistants (DREA) will assist Design Release Engineers (DREs) in certain administrative tasks associated with the Global Vehicle Development Process.
- Write miscellaneous material type work orders to procure parts as needed for development work, mock-ups, marketing events, etc. and track from order through delivery.
- Communicate with E-Squared (E2) work order approvers on their status up through work order approval, in relation to the Days in Role metric report, to facilitate timely sign-offs.
- Escalate unresolved and high-risk issues.
- Identify potential system enhancements
- Assure key documentation is present in the work order
- Communicate with eSOR (Statement of Requirements) approvers on their status up through approval to facilitate timely sign-offs.
- Escalate unresolved and high-risk issues.
- Identify potential system enhancements
- Communicate with ePeer Review approvers on their status up through approval to facilitate timely sign-offs.
- Escalate unresolved and high-risk issues.
- Identify potential system enhancements
- Issue part shippers, pick-up/deliver parts to both Our Client and supplier locations.
- Monitor and ensure DRE codes are up to date on all released part numbers.
- Assist DREs with continuous improvement initiatives
- Capture lessons learned and cascade across programs
- Maintain a detailed time log of activities and provide regular report outs to management on what DREs assistant tasks are being performed.
- No Degree – with prior experience with Our Client or similar work experience
- 2 years of college (math, science, engineering, design) familiar with automotive
- 4 year Degree – not necessary, but would make them a potential candidate for a direct hire if the opportunity presented itself.
- Ability to create and manipulate electronic databases
- Ability to identify relevant drawings, layouts and graphic illustrations and use them to investigate issues and potential solutions
- Understanding of vehicle function, both packaging and dynamic interactions of components in assigned area
- Ability to take general direction and develop a work plan, including identification and retrieval of necessary information, data and drawings, required analysis method or technique and effective report format
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of engineering and technical jargon related to Our Client and automotive
ATTENTION ALL ENGINEERING/ARCHITECTURE MAJORS!
Addon Services, LLC. is looking to hire a Construction Manager immediately!
Responsibilities of a Construction Manager Include:
- Manages on-site operations
- Interacts with Customer
- Accepts/approves materials and supplies
- Assigns project labor staff/equipment
- Completes As-built record
- Identifies scope, schedule, cost impact of change orders
- Inspects construction work to assure that job schedules are maintained and that work is being performed safely as per codes and design specifications.
- Ensures quantity and quality of materials, equipment, and contract labor meet contract requirements.
- Provides reports on a weekly and monthly basis
- 1-5 years experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures related to construction and estimating.
- Technical knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical and electrical building systems.
- Federal or other government experience is a plusPlease contact Derek Smith by email atDerek.email@example.com, or by phone at 248-823-8797
This posting was sent to the college by Cieara Wilson.
Addon Services, LLC. is looking to hire Mechanical Assemblers Immediately!
Please contact Steve Todoverto at firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities of a Mechanical Assembler include:
- Mechanical Assembly: Utilize applicable equipment and hand tools to assemble mechanical and/or electro-mechanical assemblies per provided documentation.
- Component Recognition: Ability to properly recognize common components and tools such as torque drivers, arbor press, connectors, heatshrink, circuit boards, etc. and use as specified in assembly documentation.
- Work Area Upkeep: Maintain production areas so they are orderly, clean and safe for work. Proper storage of tools and work in process. Reporting to supervision if areas are unsafe, tools missing, or additional materials needed for upkeep and production.
- Basic Qualifications: • The ability to read and interpret assembly drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, technical instructions, Bills of Material and Quality standards. • Ability to work accurately and quickly under operational deadlines. • Learns and retains information, relating to standards and specifications, through provided classroom and on the job training • General computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. Please contact Steve Todoverto at email@example.com
- • Knowledge of Electronic Components, Mechanical Components, and PCBs
- • 20/20 vision (corrected acceptable) Ability to see small features, distinguish colors.
- • Experience utilizing small hand tools and soldering equipment.
- • 1+ Years experience in Cable Assembly /Electromechanical / Electronic Manufacturing environmen
OEM Design Engineer
Cequent Performance Products (a TriMas company) is seeking an OEM Design Engineer to join our team. This position will be located at our Plymouth, Michigan facility reporting to our OEM Engineering Manager. Cequent Performance Products (CPP) is an operating group that is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of a broad range of accessories for light trucks, sport utility vehicles, recreational vehicles, passenger cars and trailers of all types. Products include towing and hitch systems, trailer components and accessories, and electrical, brake, cargo-carrying and rack systems.
This Candidate is responsible for working with customers to create designs, Quote drawing packages, and processing OEM launches or changes. Working with Program Managers and following up with testing.
- Designer with the ability to manage drawings and system requirements for changes in the system.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, design and coordinate product launches to customer requirements.
- Ability to review vehicles, take measurements and create CAD data from raw information.
- Working with APQP procedures, design competitive, aesthetically pleasing and innovative towing products that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Requires entering BOM & Item Masters into QAD and processing Engineering Change Requests & Product changes in the OEM business.
- Fabricate and perform physical testing on engineering prototypes. Fabricating tasks may include welding, press operation, iron worker operation, and hand tool use. Training for Metal fab and welding to broaden Prototyped capabilities will be made available.
- Provide manufacturing drawings of components and assemblies using applicable industry and business standards. Also provide templates and DXF files for Plasma profiles.
- This person will learn to process the daily change requests from the OEM’s as well as the smaller out-sourced products we sell the OEM business
- Demonstrate the ability to make things happen in an APQP environment.
- Determine and provide illustration(s) and text for instruction sheets.
- Learn to use Finite Element Analysis to evaluate structures (with training).
- Some travel regionally is expected.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum: 4 year Engineering degree.
- 1 – 5 years of welded structures for aftermarket or OEM experience is a plus.
- Experience in metal fabrication (prototype building and shop practices) a plus.
- Must be able to show experience of timely completion of independent work.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Experience with 3D modeling systems, BOM, Item Masters & document change process is required.
- Show interest in Auto Industry, specifically: trends, new vehicle introductions.
- Experience with an automotive OEM customer is preferred.
Sent to WSU College of Engineering by:
Student Volunteers Are Needed!!!!
MICHIGAN TECHNICAL ACADEMY (MTA) PRESENTS:
POWERED II DREAM YOUTH TECH AND INNOVATION CAMP W/MICROSOFT
MONDAY, JULY 28-SATURDAY, AUGUST 2, 2014
8:00AM-2:00PM (open to boys and girls ages 9-16)
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED TO SERVE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS: Social Media, Workshop Assistants, “Demo Day” Assistants and more.
There are half-day, daily and full week volunteer opportunities available. The volunteer position in non-paid, however, student volunteers will receive letter of service upon completion of camp. For more information, please contact Sandra Ware at 248.417.2709 or via email at Sware@mtacademy.us.
MTA is located at 19940 Mansfield Street, Detroit 48235
Workshops include: Robotics, Rocketry, Web Development
EVENT FEATURES: Microsoft Innovation Area, Give-Aways, Prizes and Parent Tech Workshop, and Lunch
Also, check out the article on last year’s camp featured on Forbes.com “Detroit Youth Are Powered To Dream” (http://www.forbes.com/sites/tonybradley/2013/08/07/detroit-youth-are-powered-to-dream).
Deanna Celsi, the Co-op Coordinator for DENSO International America
wants to engage WSU Mechanical Engineering students.
Denso is the second largest global automotive supplier, a 39 billion dollar company that specializes in the research and design of advanced automotive technology. Denso operates in seven segments, powertrain systems, thermal systems, safety systems, body electronics, industrial systems, heavy duty, and DENSO after market.
Selected candidate will assist thermal r&d group with supporting the design and development of Thermal System Business.
Duties will include, designing, DFMEA analysis, testing, benchmarking, preparing technical reports and VA/VE investigation.
Position requires a sophomore, junior or senior student pursuing a bachelors degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited four year university.
Mechanical engineering students can direct resumes/questions to Deanna at Deanna_Celsi@Denso-Diam.Com.
All WSU Warriors should enroll in the co-op course every semester.
Contact your co-op coordinator today, 313 577 3390.
Eview 360 is an international, award winning design agency that has been servicing clients in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East since 1999. Eview 360 works across print, digital and physical environments to support global brands across a variety of industries. Our team of Architects, Interior, Graphic and Web Designers, Project Managers, Marketing Executives and 3D and Animation Specialists work together to help clients enhance the customer experience and convey a consistent message at each point of public interaction.
This position will play a critical role in the design, development, and rollout of web-based applications using the Microsoft suite of development tools. Qualified candidates will have experience across the full spectrum of application development including business requirements analysis, functional and technical design, graphical user interface (GUI) design, programming, testing, and deployment.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
• 2-5 years Object Oriented Programming in a .Net framework- C#, ASP.net, VB.net.
• Programming in mobile/tablet platforms (iOS and Android)
• Experience working with Linux
Technical Skills Required:
Software development and strong programming experience to include:
• SQL and MySQL Database experience
• Crystal Reports XI
• IIS 7.0 web server experience
• VB.net and ASP.net programming experience
• Visual Studio experience
• 4+ years of SQL experience
• .Net Framework 4.0
Soft Skills Requirements:
• Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills
• Must have the ability work under pressure to meet client deadlines
• Must have excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Exhibit extreme attention to detail
This position was sent to WSU’s College of Engineering from Tamrice McChristion, Human Resource Generalist at Eview 360 |Moda 360. Send all resumes by Friday, July 25th to her attention at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are seeking employment or admission to an academic program, you will likely need to have polished your interviewing skills to enhance your consideration. In fact, having good interviewing skills could help you communicate effectively when networking with professors and colleagues. WSU Career Services Counselors will have two final Interviewing Skills Workshops this summer.
Attending these workshops is a good career decision and a great use of your time. All prospective co-op/internship students are encouraged to attend an interviewing workshop. Workshop attendees will gain valuable information about:
- Researching prospective employers
- Marketing yourself
- Secrets to interview success
- Writing thank-you letters
No scheduling is involved; just come to one of the hour long sessions listed below:
Wednesday, July 23 3:00 pm 1339 Faculty Administration Building
Thursday, July 31 2:30 pm 1339 Faculty Administration Building
The Pre-Med Information Sessions are workshops
designed for students pursuing pre-med preparation at WSU.
Students are encouraged to attend an information session
before scheduling an appointment with a pre-med Advisor.
Information Covered will include:
Required/Recommended Pre-med coursework
Tips on scheduling your courses
Extra-curricular and Health-care Experiences
Application timeline / Gap Year
Pre-Med Listserve and social media
Getting involved – Pre-Med Student Organizations
All Information Sessions are in the Undergraduate Library – University Advising Center lab 1600 UGL
Information Session Dates
August 13 11:00 – Noon
August 18 3:00 – Noon
September 15 3:00 – 4:00
September 23 11:00 – Noon
October 2 3:00 – 4:00
October 15 11:00 – Noon
October 28 3:00 – 4:00
November 7 11:00 – Noon
November 19 3:00 – Noon
December 4 11:00 – Noon
December 15 3:00 – 4:00
The Process Engineer is a member of a team of eight engineers, and expected to act as a leader within the facility. This engineer will be the owner of the plant’s distillation, condensation, exhaust scrubbing, and solvent storage processes. The engineer will strengthen the group by providing separation process and organic chemistry knowledge, and will be a valuable member of plant process troubleshooting teams. Strong communication and teamwork skills are essential.
- Responsible for maintaining, operating, and optimizing large scale batch distillation processes.
- Hands-on owner of the manufacturing equipment within the Solvent Recovery System (SRS).
- Support EH&S engineers with projects related to waste stream management.
- Generate and maintain control plan and PFMEA documents.
- Member of cross functional troubleshooting teams.
- Work with the laboratory team developing and executing various product analysis methods.
- Assist the maintenance and facilities teams with developing a robust preventative maintenance and spare parts plan.
- Train team members on the operational concepts of the distillation system.
- Drive a positive, constructive, and cooperative environment within the functional team, as well as manufacturing team, and ultimately the entire A123 team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability of motivation and leadership for problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of APQP, 5S, and Six Sigma Principles.
- Knowledge of Process Control such as control plan, FMEA development, etc.
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment specification, procurement, validation plan creation and execution.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams to document, prioritize, and execute tasks related to process and machinery issue resolution and continual improvement initiatives
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related field required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment; automotive preferred.
- Experience with separation processes is required, specifically: distillation, condensation, and filtration.
- Prior coating process experience is preferred.
- Prior mixing and milling process experience is preferred.
- Prior battery experience is preferred.
This position was sent to WSU Engineering by Andrew Muchmore, Manager at A123 Systems.
Apply online at A123 Systems, http://www.a123systems.com/about-us-careers.htm