Mechanical engineers are the most in demand job in southeast Michigan, according to the first quarterly report from the Workforce Intelligence Network of Southeast Michigan (WIN). The report outlines labor market trends, including real-time employer demand determined through online job postings, for the nine counties of southeast Michigan that includes Genesee, Livingston, Macomb, Monroe, Oakland, Shiawassee, St. Clair, Washtenaw, Wayne, and the city of Detroit.
Job postings for mechanical engineers exceeded all other postings in the first eight weeks of 2013. Computer programmers and software developers are the second and third most in demand jobs.
Now is the time to update your resumes and profiles on the CSO system, www.careerservices.wayne.edu. Many of you have graduated, been honored at the Honors Convocation, changed cumulative GPAs, and have new skills since the end of last semester. Keeping your information current is most ideal as this is how employers can search for you in the system.
Our CSO system has jobs that Employers posted to find Wayne State student/alumni talent. Local employers typically prefer locally educated engineers. The mindset is that students with ties to the local community are more likely to stay to work after graduation. Employers see you as a long term investment even if you are applying for a summer internship.
Another reason to make the CSO system your first check for engineering opportunities is because your competition for positions is a much smaller pool than other websites. On CSO your competitors are WSU Students/alumni – who are actually on the CSO system – in your major – actively seeking employment- for that specific position. This knowledge should remind you to make WSU’s CSO system your first check in applying for engineering jobs. Other job board websites like www.indeed.com and www.engineer.info are great resources and you should use them. However, you should know that your competition is anyone with internet access. If you need assistance in your engineering job search, contact me. I am here to support you in your engineering career endeavors, firstname.lastname@example.org or (313) 577-8336.
Education: Bachelor/Masters in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Science Engineering
- Experience in Rational Statemate software with knowledge of tools like Visual Studio, MIcromax and Simplorer etc.
- Experience in Vector tools like CANalyzer, CANoe, Candella Studio, etc. with in-depth understanding of Vector License Management
- Ability to understand customer business requirement and provide assistance with the technical issues they might have
- Knowledge of Rational tools like Rational DOORS, Rational Synergy and Change
- Good Knowledge of scripting languages like DOS, VB, Perl
- Understanding of Database Management (DB2, SQL etc) and License Management
- Provide Technical Support and Assistance to business users in executing Rational Statemate related activities
- Managing access for Suppliers, Contractors overseas etc.
- Provide infrastructure for all vector tools (CANOE, CANalyzer, Candella Studio, CANape) including installation and managing licenses
- Work with Vendor for upgrade of any software, planning to roll it out to Global Business Users
- Provide Technical Support to business users working on IBM Tools like Rational DOORS, Rational Synergy, and Rational Change etc.
- Write/ Update Custom scripts for support related activities related to various software tools
- Use DB2 to assign/reassign key pairs as requested by users using ECU Digital Signing
The resumes are to be sent to email@example.com
“Behind every government service provided to the citizens of the state of Michigan, DTMB is the technology enabler”.
Warriors, this is your opportunity to connect with the recruiter for the State of Michigan’s Department of Technology Management & Budget. Mr. Fregene recruits student assistants, interns, entry level and mid-level positions. He would like to communicate with Wayne State students and alumni who would like to use their technical talents in a number of State of Michigan Departments.
Check out the YouTube PowerPoint that provides an overview of the Department of Technology, Management and Budget. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfXZJqo_A9Q&feature=youtu.be&goback=%2Egmr_1456267%2Egde_1456267_member_239912789
There are positions that are currently posted on the State of Michigan Website. To apply, please visit the website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/michigan and apply electronically for IT postings. Any currently enrolled WSU student can apply for Student Assistant positions. See individual postings for internships and entry level positions. After you have applied, you can connect with Mr. Omawumi Fregene on www.LinkedIn.com or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am available to support WSU College of Engineering students and alumni who are applying for positions in industry. If you are in need of support, please feel free to call me, Carmen Gamlin, Engineering Career Services Consultant for an appointment, 313 577-8336 or via email email@example.com.
This is a networking opportunity for WSU Engineering/Engineering Technology students intersted in working in the Shelby Township area of Macomb County. Perman Industries, http://www.permanindustries.com is a Tier 3 machine shop that is interested in networking with students who would like to intern while they are pursuing their degree with the possibility of full time upon graduation. The skill set that Perman Industries is seeking emphasize CAD and Quality Assurance. A student who seeks a hands on environment to enhance their skills is most ideal. Majors that most closely represent this skill set are from Industrial and Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Technology.
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity you can contact George Hardy for more information. He is accessible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a networking opportunity for WSU Engineering Alum who have design engineering experience in the automotive Industry. Stemco Kaiser, www.stemco.com will soon be recruiting for an Automotive Suspension Design Engineer to work in their Flint area office. An ideal candidate for this soon to be posted opportunity will have @5 years of experience post bachelors. Engineering areas that closely align with this opportunity are Mechanical Engineer and those with design emphasis with AutoCAD or other computer aided design programs.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity then contact Paul Dolan at Stemco Kaiser at email@example.com.
TRAM, Inc. is a Japanese owned automotive parts supplier, serving the Japanese Transplants (Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, Isuzu, etc.) as well as the domestic OEMs (GM, Ford, Daimler Chrysler). Located in Plymouth, MI, TRAM, Inc. is a subsidiary company of Tokai-Rika Co. LTD, which is located in Nagoya, Japan. TRAM was founded in 1986 and currently employs 2,300 people at our 5 locations. We manufacture automotive components such as switch-related products (center cluster modules, window regulator switches and multi-function switches), security and safety-related products (mechanical keys, steering locks, shift lever assemblies, remote keys, steering wheels and air bag systems). In 2012, TRAM generated sales of $796 Million.
Interact with customers, internal engineers and suppliers to investigate and analyze quality problems, recommending countermeasures and following up to ensure that the problem has been resolved.
- Interact with customers concerning product quality issues.
- Schedule delivery of part from the customer.
- Analyze the part with TRAM Design Engineers to identify possible problems.
- Coordinate with plant Quality Departments to schedule for testing and analysis as well as setting specifications and priority level.
- Facilitate and lead meetings and teams.
- Follow up with plant Quality Department to ensure test data is returned as required.
- Review data results and request more information when necessary from design engineers, plant quality and manufacturing and suppliers.
- Personally conduct testing of products when necessary.
- Write technical reports for the customer explaining the analysis that was done, the issues that were identified and the root cause as well as the corrective action plans, if necessary.
- Review the corrective actions to ensure the problems have been resolved and follow up with customers concerning the results.
- Create PowerPoint presentations and conduct presentations to TRAM Management and Customers.
- Create monthly quality summary reports analyzing the quality performance of all TRAM, Inc. locations.
- Enter data into computer database as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or a related engineering field.
- 0-3 years of engineering experience.
- Willingness / ability to travel to TRAM Group plant and customer sites. Travel estimated to be 25 – 35%.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Fluency in Japanese preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
TRAM, Inc. provides an excellent compensation and benefits package including: health, dental, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, vacation and holiday pay, 401k plan and more. For additional information, please see our web site at www.tokai-rika.co.jp
No inquiries from 3rd party recruiters, please.
Interested parties may reply to:
47200 Port Street
Plymouth, MI 48170
Fax: (734) 254-8597
Career Services Consultant Carmen Gamlin has created a subgroup of the College of Engineering on LinkedIn to focus on providing our students & alumni with more career opportunities via social media. She will highlight internship, co-op & entry-level opportunities here, as well as workshops, information sessions & networking events. Alumni interested in mentoring a student are encouraged to join, too.
Thursday, April 18
4pm – 8pm
Michigan State University
Spartan Stadium – 2nd Floor
East Lansing, Michigan
Targeting experienced professionals & recent grads
Parking available in lot 79. Click here for more details
To register for this event, please visit http://security-clearance-job-fairs.techexpousa.com/cand_reg.cfm?show_id=501
Open positions include:
Mission of IBM Michigan Delivery Center: The IBM Michigan Delivery Center occupies a unique position in the IT market—at the intersection of business and technology. This Global Delivery Center will provide services to leading edge clients, who are looking for a unique, U.S.-based capability to design, develop and support their mission-critical applications. As a member of our team, you’ll help clients solve some of their most challenging business problems, capitalize on market opportunities and achieve real value in today’s tough economy.
Virtual Resume Drop
Can’t meet us in person? Or, if you have any of these additional skills, send us your resume and we’ll be in touch if you’re a good fit. Simply register for this event by clicking here to submit your resume.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Technical Consultant Job Opportunity
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- Perficient is looking for the best and brightest technology talent to support our growing partner and client portfolio. We have scaled from a start-up organization to an industry leader by delivering business-driven technology solutions to solve real business problems for mid-sized and large corporations throughout the U.S. and abroad. The Detroit office of Perficient is currently hiring talented Technical Consultants to be trained and mentored in IBM integration technologies to support our local client base.Requirements
Qualified candidates can either be recent college graduates or have 1-2 years of industry experience.
Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline along with knowledge of Java/J2EE principles and back-end application integration. Excellent communication skills are required along with professional presentation and the ability to interact with customers on a regular basis.
Additional knowledge in any of the following is beneficial:
- JMS or other messaging services
- Agile methodologies
This is a full-time position with Perficient, based out of our Livonia office and serving clients throughout metro Detroit, western Michigan and northwest Ohio.
At Perficient, we offer a competitive base salary, bonuses twice a year, a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision, 401(k) with matching contributions, 3 weeks paid time off and 10 paid holidays per year.
Perficient is a leading Information Technology consulting firm serving clients throughout North America. Our IT consultants deliver business-driven technology solutions that enable our clients to gain competitive advantage, make their businesses more responsive to market opportunities and threats, strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners, improve productivity and reduce information technology costs.
Since 1998, we have delivered successful project engagements for hundreds of Global 2000 and other large enterprise customers. During that time, we have grown from a startup to a publicly-traded firm with approximately 1,800 full-time professionals serving clients from locations in 24 strategic markets across North America, global delivery centers in Europe and China, and a technology consulting recruiting office in India.
We have deep domain expertise in technology solutions that differentiate our firm. We use small, expert project teams that deliver high-value, measurable results by working collaboratively with clients through a user-centered, technology-based and business-driven solutions methodology. We believe this approach enhances return-on-investment for our clients by significantly reducing the time and risk associated with designing and implementing eBusiness integration solutions. To learn more about Perficient’s services, solutions, products, and locations go to www.perficient.com
Job Location – Livonia, Michigan, United States
- Position Type