Locally presented by Karmanos Cancer Institute
Make your plans to walk the Komen Detroit Race for the Cure (R) on Saturday, May 16 at Chene Park on Detroit’s riverfront. Take the first step and register now. http://communityoutreach.wayne.edu/waynecares/race-for-the-cure.php
There’s Victory in Every Step.
REGISTER ALL RACE TEAM MEMBERS!
TEAM REGISTRATION ENDS MIDNIGHT, APRIL 28, 2015.
Vector is seeking a co-op willing to learn about Vector solutions and help us provide excellent support for our customers. This position provides the opportunity for a co-op to gain valuable experience by joining an engineering team, receiving training on Vector products and technologies and then helping to support our customers, in a great work environment.
Gain experience with different micro-controller and compiler combinations. Learn how Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) communication software works. Sharpen your debugging skills. Use our CAN tools to help design and implement test suites and test cases for the OEM software components.
- Majors in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Juniors, or Seniors with a g.p.a. of 3.0 and above
- Fundamental understanding of micro-controllers and network technologies.
- Knowledge of the CAN protocol a plus.
- Knowledge and proficiency in C
- The ability to learn independently when provided the necessary resources.
We are interested in students that would commit to more than one semester because of the training that is involved
in coming up to speed with our technology. Work sessions may also alternate semesters.
We offer a competitive wage. This is a great opportunity to gain high tech experience in a worker friendly environment. Our U.S. office is located in Novi, Michigan.
Check out our website at www.vector.com. Send resume to email@example.com.
WSU Graduate Engineers Polish Their Communication and Marketing Skill Sets
Thursday, April 9th 1:00 to 2:30
Room 1529 EDC
RSVP for this Workshop Engineering Warriors: http://events.wayne.edu/rsvp/pitch-for-wsuengineeringgrads
The Communication Consulting Cooperative (CCC), composed of doctoral students under the supervision of faculty mentors, offers consulting services related to the study and teaching of communication. The doctoral students selected as consultants have extensive instructional, research, and professional experience in the field of communication.
This Workshop will be facilitated by Stephanie Wideman, PhD Candidate
Marketing and Communications Coordinator College of Engineering Wayne State University
The group provides consulting in several areas, including, but not limited to, argumentation, business communication, health communication, intercultural communication, interpersonal communication, marketing and sales, organizational communication, persuasive messaging, persuasive speaking, political communication, risk communication, and technical/scientific communication. The cooperative is housed in the Department of Communication at Wayne State University located in the beautiful and historic Midtown area of Detroit, Michigan.
WSU Engineers Seeking Full Time Employment
Consider working with Diversified Services
Marianne Napp, Engineering and Technical Recruiter
is seeking your resumes for the following positions:
- Software Engineer – Auburn Hills
- Electronic Lab Technicians – Auburn Hills
- Project Engineer – Novi, Michigan
- Hardware Engineer – Auburn Hills, MI
- Product Engineer / Powertrain – Farmington, MI
You can engage Marianne or Heather Babbie, Recruiting Assistant on LinkedIn
Look them up on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ddiversified
WSU Engineering Warriors
Monday, March 23
- USPTO Office Hours for WSU Student Ambassador 11:00-1:00 in room 1527 EDC – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Henry Ford Information Session 4:00 to 5:00 in room 1005 Manufacturing – Facilitated by IIE
Wednesday, March 25
- Student Engineer Day for SAE Student Collegiate Participants Register: www.sae-detroit.org Questions: email@example.com
Thursday, March 26
- Co-op Information Session for WSU Undergraduate Engineering 2:00 – 3:00 pm in room 1200 Hall of Fame
- Career Speed Networking in Student Center Ballrooms 5:00 to 8:00 RSVP: https://forms.wayne.edu/54eca7853fe4b
Friday, March 27
- Valassis Tour & Networking for Software Engineering/Computer Science majors Questions? ValassisAdvantage@valassis.com
- Update your Profile in CSO, www.careerservices.wayne.edu and add a current resume
- Join the Engineering Career Resource Center LinkedIn group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostRecent=&gid=8229857&trk=my_groups-tile-flipgrp
- Determine who would be good references for you in your job search. Engage them in conversation in or to request permission to use them as
WSU Undergraduate Chemical Engineering Warriors
Seeking Summer 2015 Internships
Send your resumes to
Chaynce Harris, Aerotek Scientific Recruiter
|Top Three Skills:||Must be pursuing a degree in Chemical Engineering Mechanically Inclined Microsoft Office Proficient|
|Job Description:||As a summer intern you will be learning how to make chemical blends from 1 gallon to 1 drum, do hand mixed block molding, submit samples for chemical and physical property testing, keep track of samples submitted for physical testing. Put together spreadsheets and PowerPoint slides with data. Help with running parts on a foam machine. The person should be familiar with Microsoft office products. I would prefer a chemical engineer as they tend to be more application oriented. The person should also be strong enough to move drums around. Summer only, Monday – Friday from 8-4:45pm|
|Work Environment:||Lab Setting, some manufacturing as well|
|Qualifications:||Must be in the process of obtaining a BS in Chemical Engineering, preferably a student who is going to be a Senior|
Criminal Justice Job and Career Fair
Interested in Working in Law Enforcement?
You have to Engage with Industry Leaders
24th Annual NOBLE Criminal Justice Job and Career Fair
Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Student Center Ballroom
Learn about Career & Internship Opportunities Meet Recruiters from
FBI, ATF, DEA, ICE, Secret Service, U.S. Probation and Pretrial Services, corrections, courts and other police and criminal justice related agencies
Wayne State University’s Career Services
is pleased to invite you to attend the 2015 Employment Expo!
Date: Thursday, April 16, 2015
Time: 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: McGregor Memorial Conference Center
Mark your calendar and save the date!
This professional job fair is for WSU students and alumni to connect and network with employers. All majors are welcome. This is a great event for the class of 2015.
The event details are below.
• Event open to all WSU students and alumni
• No registration is necessary
• WSU OneCard or a current resume is required for admittance
• Professional dress is required for this event.
• Free admission for WSU students and alumni
• Bring a professional resume!
Companies registered as of March 16, 2015 (approximately 50-60 companies expected)
1. Chandler Park Academy
2. Computech Corporation
3. Con-way Multimodal
4. Detroit Service Learning Academy
5. EFTEC North America, LLC
7. Gleaners Community Food Bank
8. HCR ManorCare
9. Holy Cross Children’s Services
10. Improvement Path Systems
12. LG Electronics
13. MAG Automotive, LLC
15. Marposs Corporation
18. PhysAssist Scribes
19. Plastic Omnium, Auto Inergy
20. Quicken Loans
21. Real Estate One, Inc.
23. TheraMatrix Physical Therapy
24. Thomson Reuters
A complete list of registered employers and all of their hiring needs will soon be available on our website at:
WSU Engineering Masters Graduates are being recruited by Toyota.
Contact Michael Cosman
Account Relationship Manager
Phone – 734-542-4366
Engine Test Engineer:
- Design engine bench (dyno) test plans, develop quality checklists for engine, bench and instrumentation, investigate novel instrumentation techniques, as part of a research team conducting advanced combustion studies.
- Conduct engine bench tests, confirm data, analyze data. Generate handover documentation for test procedures and results.
- Self-motivated and directed with ability to schedule and coordinate activities with testing department, project lead and university. Ability to generate concise and clear presentations and reports.
- Enthusiasm for advanced combustion research.
- Master of Science with study of internal combustion engines.
- Experience with engine research and testing on an engine dynamometer.
All Majors from all Colleges have the opportunity to be a part of the Navy after graduation
Feel free to engage any one of the following recruiters:
Amy M. Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org
Any Engineering Major for Navy Civil Engineering Corps
Ask about the Collegiate Program
Dan Mayfield ( featured on far left), Daniel.email@example.com
Any major post graduation – Officer Opportunities
Jesse Hermsen, ( featured in the center), firstname.lastname@example.org
Nuclear Propulsion Officer Candidate Program
We are seeking students to fill the Officer ranks in the field of Nuclear Power and the Civil Engineer Corps. The Nuclear Propulsion Officer Program offers students up to $168,300 while finishing their degree, providing a regular monthly income ranging from $3,280 to $5,610 for up to 30 months prior to graduation. Basic Eligibility: Be a U.S. Citizen, within 30 months of graduation, 1 year of Calculus, and 1 year of Calculus-based Physics. Be physically qualified by Navy standards.
The Civil Engineer Collegiate Program offers students up to $113,100 while finishing their degree, providing a regular monthly income ranging from $2,575 to $4,700 for up to two years prior to graduation.
Basic Eligibility: Be a U.S. Citizen, be at least 19 and under 35 when commissioned, have an ABET accredited engineering degree or NAAB accredited architecture degree. Be physically qualified by Navy standards. The programs include comprehensive military healthcare benefits – with no uniforms, no drilling requirements and no service obligation until graduation. Additionally, students will earn a starting salary of $60,000+ and over $90,000+ within four years. http://www.navy.com/careers/nuclear-energy.html http://www.navy.com/careers/engineering-applied-science/civil-engineering.html