To provide an engineering foundation and career track for future leaders as managers or innovators for NORMA Group.
We want you!
Future Leaders And Innovation Trainees
Gain Valuable Experience & Financial Rewards!
As a new hire in training you will rotate and gain valuable hands-on experience every 6 months at anyone of our locations in the Americas Region.
REQUIRED FUNCTIONAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
-Recent college graduate with a Degree in Engineering with 0-1 year work experience.
-Outstanding academic achievements (3.2 GPA) and relevant internship/work experience
-Demonstrated analytical skills, technical expertise and business skills
-Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
-Strong verbal and written communications skills
-Ability to multitask and problem solve
-Ability to relocate/work in different geographies, and travel as required
-Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel (PowerPoint is a plus)
-Competitive compensation, Medical, Dental, Vision , Tuition Reimbursement, Norma Savings Plan (401K)
Submit resumes to: Michele Parker, HR Recruiter – firstname.lastname@example.org
Job: Quality Engineer – Auburn Hills
Resumes to: Michele Parker email@example.com
Posting closes August 14, 2015
The quality engineer provide technical leadership for all aspects of quality engineering throughout the product realization process at NORMA. This position will handle multiple projects from product inception, development, through manufacture and customer use.
- Analyze failures, implement corrective and preventative actions to respond to customer complaints (both internal and external)
- Communicate clearly and confidently with respect to technical matters internally, with suppliers, and customers.
- Initiate actions as it is required to ensure project/team success
- Prepare accurate and timely PPAP’s for customers. Review and approve supplier PPAP’s.
- Perform quality audits of supplier operating systems as required.
- Provide technical support and training to engineering and manufacturing departments/personnel.
- Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and feasibility review meetings.
- Join and support the Internal Audit team. Perform internal audits as necessary.
- Adhere to Norma’s Business System Policy and follow appropriate procedures as documented in the training agreements. Follow all plant and office safety rules. Keep your work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in industrial, manufacturing, mechanical engineering or similar discipline.
- Minimum 4 years professional experience in a manufacturing quality role.
- Complete understanding of all elements required in an A|AG formatted PPAP.
- Proficient in quality analysis tolls such as 8D, SPC, and PFMEA.
- Comprehensive understanding of TS16949 requirements.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Demonstrate leadership characteristics that align to NORMA projected expectations.
- Fluent in English
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
ASQ certification preferred.
Shift Your Career Into High Gear At Nissan!
Why Nissan? We operate with more than 248,000 employees globally. Provided customers with more than 4.1 million vehicles in 2010. Possess a strong commitment to developing exciting and innovative products for all. Deliver a comprehensive range of 64 models under the Nissan and Infiniti brands. A pioneer in zero-emission mobility. Made history with the introduction of the Nissan LEAF.
Job Description: Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Development and release of specifications and designs to support the vehicle Power Distribution Components.
These responsibilities include supporting the development of all Electrical Power Systems in North American Region, leading Hardware/Software Design Reviews and managing suppliers’ Quality, Cost and Timing.
Job Responsibilities Overview:
Plan and lead electrical power distribution system and packaging development
Plan and lead Electrical Systems optimization.
Development and release of specifications and designs to support the vehicle wire harness
and component development of all North America Region vehicles
Design Quality Confirmation, Manufacturing Process and Install Drawings, warranty analysis.
Support new supplier development – includes: 2D/3D development and application, design quality confirmation, manufacturing process,etc.
Manage responsible suppliers to meet development targets and milestone to meet customer requirements: Quality, Cost and Timing
Verify vehicle operations using system simulations
Interface with cross-functional team: design, test, program management, manufacturing, purchasing and suppliers
Support prototype and production builds within US and overseas, as required.
Highly motivated, team oriented, design engineer required to support development for wiring harness components
1 to 2 years of automotive experience preferred
More information on linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/48305164
Apply directly through Nissan Motor Co., LTD.: https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=690435&partnerid=25024&siteid=5154&Codes=NMUK-LinkedIn
Title: Co-op Fall 2015 – Toledo
Location: Toledo, OH
Co-Op Fall 2015 – Construction
We provide our Co-ops with real-world experience assisting with the management of multi-million dollar construction projects. Our Co-ops will assist Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Estimators with multiple phases of construction projects. Our goal is to provide an environment for aspiring construction management professionals to learn, grow and obtain necessary skills to succeed in a fast-paced and challenging environment. The Douglas Company is a leader in senior care and assisted living construction management projects with projects ranging from senior care and assisted living to skilled nursing and multi-family construction.
Our Core Values
• Great client relationships with high customer loyalty
• Integrity and professionalism in all we do
• Keeping our commitments through proactive attention to detail and execution
• Growth of our Associates and Business through learning, teamwork, and leadership
We are currently seeking Co-op applicants for the Fall 2015 semester who desire an exciting and challenging environment. Openings are available in our suburban Toledo, Ohio headquarters. Qualified applicants must be able to work at this location.
• Construction Operations
• Assist with: sub-contractor bid solicitations, sub-contractor financial reference checks, creation of Sub-contractor bid books, RFI/change order creation, updating schedules, obtaining material/service quotes, and other general project administration tasks.
• Pre-construction Operations
• Assist with: quantity take-offs, sub-contractor bid solicitations, project scheduling, researching permit procedures depending on project location, supplier bid solicitations, and other general project administration tasks.
Bachelor’s Degree in progress (Construction Management/Civil Engineering/Construction Engineering Technology required)
We offer full time availability. Typical office hours are M-F 8-5 PM
This is a paid position
The Douglas Company (www.douglascompany.com) is a fast-paced, multi-office general contracting and design/build firm, specializing in senior living and multi-family facilities. We are located in Toledo, OH and Orlando, FL. Founded in 1976, we continue to serve our clients with industry leading insight, ingenuity, value, and integrity. Our core purpose is to contribute to the success of our Clients and Associates.
Resumes for the co-op can be submitted to Matthew Pigula, firstname.lastname@example.org
REMINDER: Co-op students must work through Wayne State’s Career Services Office and attend a mandatory Co-Op meeting
Contact Maureen Johnson email@example.com
Job Number: S333 – Maintenance Area Supervisor
Location: Detroit, MI
The Maintenance Area Supervisor is responsible for addressing throughput, run to run, and downtime related issues with equipment in a production environment. Coordinate activities according to World Class manufacturing (WCM) standards (particularly the Autonomous and Professional Maintenance Pillar activities) while impacting the overall equipment effectiveness, through a systematic approach of planning and executing key maintenance enablers and coordinating all activities utilizing the TMS system.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical / Engineering discipline, OR
- A minimum of 8 years of related manufacturing experience
- Ability to work any shift and overtime as required
- Must possess a working knowledge of advanced technical problem solving tools
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface with various levels of employees within all areas of the plant from hourly represented employees to seniorlLeadership as required
- Goal oriented and a self-starter with the ability to lead and manage in a team based structure
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field
- Green Belt/ Red X/ Six Sigma Training
- Previous manufacturing supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/develop team members
- Previous experience working in a union environment
- Strong background in LEAN manufacturing systems
- Experience with RS Logic, PLC-5, Control Logics, Allen Bradley Drive Systems, machine installation, robotic automation and application
- Experience with body shop, stamping press automation or subassemblies
FCA US is proud to extend to its employees a compensation and benefits package that is designed to retain their talent and to motivate and reward job performance. Our present compensation program provides for competitive, market based salaries, and annual vacation and holiday time off. We make available a comprehensive health care benefits plan which, depending upon the employee’s role, includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage. We also offer a disability absence plan, group and optional life insurance program, savings plan, tuition assistance, and vehicle purchase and lease discounts for certain employees, and for their family and friends.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Note: Some of the benefits listed above may not apply to summer vacation replacement and temporary employees.
Apply through FCA site: Job Link
Questions? Contact Ian Perkins, FCA Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wayne State University’s C&IT has an immediate opening for a Database Administrator.
Go to http://jobs.wayne.edu to apply.
Posting Number 040959
Position Title: Database Administrator – C&IT
Essential Functions (Job Duties):
- Plan, install, maintain, test, and support the assigned database management system and its related products to keep system software current for customers and technical staff;
- Assure the compatibility and efficiency of database applications through ongoing system monitoring and evaluation;
- Analyze business practices and create data models and information flow charts to define application system requirements;
- Evaluate and tune system performance and provide system integration staff with information to optimize the database system and minimize potential problems;
- Provide technical expertise on database management systems to customers and IT staff who are implementing applications in a database environment; and
- Design, implement, and maintain standards and procedures to ensure the integrity and security of database applications.
- Qualifications Knowledge of overall computer operations procedures, operating systems, and platforms;
- Knowledge of networking topologies, configurations, and technologies;
- Knowledge of database management systems, languages, procedures, and controls;
- Skill in the use of database management tools and processes;
- Ability to logically work through a problem and develop optimal solutions; and
- Ability to work independently on complex problems, making detailed analyses until the problem is identified and resolved.
- Sound understanding of the technical aspects of information technology, typically acquired through a formal undergraduate computer science program and one or two years of directly related experience; and
- Some experience in a programming function such as systems software or applications development.
- Considerable experience in installing, maintaining, configuring and tuning Oracle databases supporting Oracle in a Unix environment.
- Considerable experience in scripting in a Unix environment.
- Considerable experience in installing, maintaining, configuring and tuning SQL Server databases.
- Considerable experience in installing, maintaining, configuring and tuning Apache and Oracle Fusion Middleware environments.
- Considerable experience installing, configuring and deploying applications in an Oracle database and Fusion Middle environments
- Considerable experience in installing, maintaining, configuring and tuning the Cognos product
- Some experience in installing, maintaining and tuning the Ellucian Banner Suite of products.
This is the specialist level where incumbents are responsible for the design and installation of database management system software and applications and for monitoring database usage. Incumbents work independently under general management review and have leadership roles in projects involving existing database and business applications systems. They analyze information on performance and space management to identify trends and plan for the future. They have a high degree of technical proficiency in the design and implementation of database applications and are fully knowledgeable of the operating relationships between their assigned databases and their operating or applications systems. They are the Subject Matter Expert for a major database technology or application and provide third tier support in the resolution of operating problems.
Salary Ballpark: $76,948
We offer an exciting opportunity for talented, creative, self-motivated individuals with a passion for Engineering and making a significant contribution by starting off in an Internship in our stable, yet growing company. Our intern students are considered a key part of our team and top performers are the first to be considered for full-time openings after graduation.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with our sites that make up the largest privately-held rigid plastic manufacturer in North America. You are expected to assist our sites in becoming more operationally efficient by troubleshooting a variety of complex technical issues. You will get the chance to lead projects that require in-depth programming expertise and gain significant knowledge in power distribution, among a variety of other engineering projects. Having strong communication and the ability to be “hands-on” in a fast-paced company that provides exposure to both the corporate office and manufacturing floor environments are the foundation for success in this role.
Mechanical Engineering Majors will learn:
- Project Management (Including development and tracking of project budgets and timelines)
- Experience with Injection Molding Machinery, Blow Molding Machinery, Hydraulics, and Pneumatics
- Design of Downstream equipment and systems
- Design of Compressed Air Systems at 600 psi, 150 psi, 100 psi
- Design of Cooling systems including Tower Water Systems, Chilled Water Systems, and HVAC
- Design of Material Handling systems for transport of Resin and other materials
- Understanding of how to install, troubleshoot, and debug Production Equipment
Electrical Engineering Majors will learn:
- PLC and Low Voltage Power Distribution
- Programming with RSLogix 5, 500 and/or 5000
- Project Management (Including development and tracking of project budgets and timelines)
- Understanding of NEC
- Experience with Injection Molding Machinery, Blow Molding Machinery, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, and Generators
- Experience with Circuit Breakers, Fuses, Switchgears, Distribution Panels, Transformers, & Wiring
- Experience with Servo Systems
- Design and wiring of equipment and electrical panels
- Design and Evaluation of Distribution and Lighting Systems, including 600V and higher systems
- Understanding of Electrical Safety, including Arc Flash
- Understanding of Communication Systems & Communication Protocols, including Ethernet, TCP/IP, Modbus, Profibus, and Devicenet
- Understanding of Interface Systems, including RSView, Panel Builder, & Iconics
- Understanding of how to install, troubleshoot, and debug Production Equipment
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Operations, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively after graduation
- Solid oral and written communication skills; Strong organizational skills
- Hands On/Can Do Attitude (Must be able to install, troubleshoot, and debug Production Equipment)
- Must be able to keep and retain project documentation, including revision controls
- Must be able to interface with suppliers and contractors in person and through verbal & written correspondence effectively
- Technical knowledge of AutoCAD (Layouts and Schematics)
- Development and tracking of project budgets and timelines
- All other tasks as assigned
Resumes and cover letters should be sent through website: www.plastipak.com/careers
WSU Career Services via Maureen Johnson Maureen.email@example.com
To serve as a primary technical resource for the plant/company in developing, planning, and training in all steps involved in the production of surface engineered solutions.
Assist Plant Operations, Corporate Process Engineering, and Business Managers in application development and scale-up of major programs.
- Participates in cross-functional team projects with the Sales Department and with customers.
- Root Cause analysis.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot vacuum coating processes.
- Provide consultations and technical expertise on thin film technology to coating center staff and on-going quality issues.
- Maintain and work according to ISO quality systems.
- Provide good record keeping and communications skills.
- Ensure Customer excellence and delivery of Quality products and samples.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- 15%-25% travel may be required.
- Bachelor‘s Degree in Engineering, Material Science or Plasma Physics.
- Desired 1-3 years of experience in the vacuum coating field.
- Knowledge of PVD and CVD coatings is a plus.
- Energetic and forward-thinking individual to promote innovative and best-in-class solutions.
- Strong written and communications skills.
- Familiarity with Quality System concepts.
- Ability to travel throughout North America.
- US citizenship or permanent residency is a requirement for this position.
Ionbond will reward your talents with a total compensation commensurate with experience. You will also receive a generous benefits package including medical benefits, dental, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short term & long term disability, PTO, and 401(K) retirement plan with company match. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Apply now by submitting your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IHI Ionbond Inc. | T. Krieger | 1823 East Whitcomb Ave. | Madison Heights, MI 48071 | email@example.com | www.ionbond.com
Systems Engineer- Intern
We Save Lives!
Who Are We?
Key Safety Systems is a global leader in the design, development and manufacturing of automotive safety-critical components and systems including inflators, airbags, steering wheels, and seat belts. We are proud to be the fastest growing safety restraints company in the world. Safety restraints have never been more viable in the automotive and related industries as they are today. We have received numerous awards around the world, including the following in 2015: SAIC Excellent Supplier Award, JAC S3 Strategy Supplier Award, CEO Jason Luo Named Regional EY Entrepreneur of the Year® 2015, SGM Development and Innovation Award. Additionally, Inc. magazine has named KSS on its seven annual Inc. 500|5000, an exclusive ranking of the fastest growing private companies in the USA. This is the second consecutive year that KSS has received this honor: Crain’s Detroit Business.
We have an expanding global footprint with 10,000 employees residing in 34 locations in 12 different countries. Even as we grow, we are intent on having a small company feel, with collaborative, cross-functional teams and an open-door policy at all levels of our international organization. Our culture emphasizes career development, work-life balance, employee involvement activities, and best of all, the opportunity to work on meaningful products that save lives.
We are currently seeking a Systems Performance Engineer- Intern in our Sterling Heights, MI facility. If you are looking to enhance your career with a dynamic, growth company, then we encourage you to apply and join the KSS team!
What is this opportunity?
KSS Systems Engineers are primarily focused on restraint systems development, Biomechanical data analysis, integration and overall performance. Activities include, but are not limited to development of full safety systems (frontal airbags, side airbags, seatbelt …) simulation analysis, test setup and test analysis. Systems Engineers will interact directly with our customers and interior suppliers, hands-on product development, tracking performance, component testing, sled testing, full vehicle crash & modeling and related services in accordance with company policies and procedures.
What’s in it for you?
- Accept the challenge of creating full safety systems and having a direct effect on the occupant performance.
- Obtain hands-on experience in full-product-development-integration of safety systems
- Gain exposure to new CAE tools such as Hyperworks, MADYMO, LS-Dyna
- Become the company’s subject matter expert in Simulations and Systems Engineering.
- Utilize your analytical, creative problem solving, and innovative solutions skills.
- Support planning for crash and HYGE sled testing
Here’s What You Need….
- Pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline is required
- Pursuing a Master’s Degree in Biomechanics/Biomedical is preferred.
- 0-3 years of related experience in a similar role is required.
- Knowledge of Hyperworks, MADYMO, LS-Dyna is required.
- Experience with other dynamic analysis CAE tools such as Radioss and PamCrash is preferred.
- Prior experience with safety restraints is preferred.
The duties outlined within the job description are to be used as a guideline and are not meant to be all-inclusive of the essential functions of the position; other duties maybe assigned as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer – No Third Party Resume Submittals will be accepted.
This is a Paid Internship to start ASAP, with the opportunity to continue on through the school year.
Please submit your resume via firstname.lastname@example.org
The Advanced Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for researching and developing ideas and processes for new product lines. Responsible for managing projects involving process development and mechanization, in context of new product development and productivity improvement in the manufacturing area. This includes initiating, evaluating and implementing solutions to design and production problems, as well as coordinating design changes and improvements necessary to improve manufacturability.
- Develops, tests, implements and documents a variety of routine to moderately complex operational sequences and processes in the manufacture of new and existing parts and/or products.
- Estimates manufacturing costs, process time and manpower requirements. Consolidates documents and presents results for review.
- Troubleshoots a variety of routine to moderately complex production problems involving continuous manufacturing processes. Investigates and determines the root cause of failures and problems. Recommends countermeasures or changes in processing methods.
- Conducts routine to moderately complex engineering trials and production process evaluations for manufacturing operations. Analyzes production data and identifies trends, problems, and opportunities for improvement. Recommends process adjustments to improve product quality and manufacturing efficiency and reduce material and manpower costs.
- Creates, writes, and modifies work process procedures.
- Conducts research, compiles data and prepares reports. Prepares and delivers presentations.
- Prepares training materials and trains key production employees and production supervisors on new work procedures and manufacturing processes.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
6+ years of relevant experience
Working knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology to the production of various products
Working knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods
Please submit pay requirements when applying
Matt Kress, MCM Staffing Recruiter email@example.com
415 W. 11 Mile Road, Madison Heights, MI 48071