To become familiar with the operation, characteristics, and the application of Zener diodes.
2. COMPONENTS USED AND SPECIFICATION:
– 1N4733A, 5.1 V Zener diode, Spec.’s given on last page
– 470 Ω and calculated resistors
– DC power supply, for 0-10 VDC
– Multimeter for voltage and current readings
– Oscilloscope with probes
– Computer with Multisim software for computer simulations
– Wire, alligator clips, and a breadboard
3. VOLTAGE REGULATION:
3.1 Assemble the circuit shown above. Calculate the value of R, for IZ=38.2mA (still consider the current through the load). Without RL, vary Vin from 0 to 10V. Measure Vzener and IZ. Draw a graph Vzener vs. IZ. What is rz? Does this match the manufacturer’s specifications? Software simulation only.
3.2 Set Vin = 10V. Add RL =470Ω. Perform hardware and software simulation.
3.3 What happens when Vin is changed from 10-15V. Perform the software simulation only. Explain the results.
Tabulate the values of IZ, Iload, and Vin.
3.4 Finally, what would R be if Vin = 10VDC ± 0.1VDC, IZmin = 1.0mA, and ILmax = 25mA?
Lab report is individual and Analysis part should be on your own words.
The Lab report must include all lab procedures, all the observations from hardware and software simulations, and a detailed analysis.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.