The American People Are Angry

Bernie Sanders is my favorite politician. Don’t get me wrong, I am very happy with Carl Levin and Debbie Stabenow (my Senators from Michigan) but there is absolutely no one else in Congress quite like Bernie Sanders. He is one of two Independents and has managed to remain one of the most popular politicians in the country. His constituents are consistently pleased with his performance and he won reelected in 2012 by an overwhelming majority over his opponent. Most remarkable though are his political beliefs, which are unabashedly far left, he considers himself a Democratic Socialist. How has an open socialist managed to keep a seat in the Senate, in a country that is dominated by two parties? Well, he is from Vermont (obvious argument first). Aside from that, he speaks directly to the people and he do so in a way that is far removed from the normal pomp, circumstance, and condescension that comes from most politicians. The link below is a speech he made on the floor of Senate in which he talks about why the government should pay attention to workers, the middle class, and not the super rich. In short, he says what needs to be said, what has not been said. This is why he is my favorite.

The American People Are Angry

From General
Posted by Dominic Nanni on May 10, 2013