Mar 22 / Nichole Manlove

Diversity Never Happens: The Story of Minority Hiring Doesn’t Seem To Change Much | Editorial

And so we meet again,

You know it has been quite some time since my last post.  A few days ago I was pondering on ways  on how to make myself more marketable within the profession and whether or not race, ethnicity and gender are still predominant limiting factors when it comes to minorities and their experiences in finding employment.  With that being said I wanted to share an interesting article I found on libraryjournal.com. The article specifically discusses the hiring trends of minorities within the library profession and the impact that minorities as patrons have on libraries. Reading this prompted me to think about the experiences I may come across as a potential/future information specialist, and what actions fellow minorities can take to guarantee their place in the field of library and information science.  I am curious to know what others think, their experiences in their search for employment.  So by all means check out the link below,  take a few moments to read,  ponder and post. I look forward to discussing this hot topic with my fellow informationists!

http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2013/02/opinion/editorial/diversity-never-happens-the-story-of-minority-hiring-doesnt-seem-to-change-much/

Thanks and until we meet again

Nichole L. Manlove
Diversity Graduate Student Assistant
School of Library and Information Science
1-(313)-577-3058
Nichole.manlove@wayne.edu

4 Comments

1. Nichole Manlove / Aug 20 2013

Thank you getfreeriotpoints, I will certainly try!

2. Nichole Manlove / Aug 20 2013

Hi Survey Mover, I use wordpress as well, unfortunately I am new to blogging so I am not sure of what other platform to direct you to. However I wish u good luck in your search!

3. getfreeriotpoints / Aug 20 2013

These are truly enormous ideas in concerning blogging.
    You have touched some fastidious factors here. Any way keep up wrinting.

4. survey rmover / Aug 20 2013

Howdy! I know this is somewhat off topic but I
    was wondering which blog platform are you using for this site?

I’m getting tired of WordPress because I’ve had
    issues with hackers and I’m looking at options for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.