Special Education Supervisor for the Calhoun Intermediate School District. I am writing in hopes you will share our teacher openings with graduated or soon to be graduated students who have a special education endorsement in the area of cognitive impairments and are looking for a teaching position.
We have an upper elementary grade level MoCI classroom teacher opening.
The classroom is an ISD MoCI classroom for Calhoun county and is housed in Bellevue, MI. The classroom also has 2 teacher assistants assigned to work with students.
Interested candidates should apply on our website at: Calhoun ISD Employment Opportunities
School of Medicine:
Job ID # 24748
University of Missouri – St. Louis, Center for Teaching & Learning
Statement of the Position
The Instructional Designer is responsible for planning, developing and delivering professional development experiences for faculty and graduate students as they enhance their online teaching skills, design online courses, and integrate technology effectively into instruction. The instructional designer collaborates with other units on campus and in the UM System to apply quality standards to design, implement, and assess the effectiveness of instructional strategies delivered in a variety of online and classroom learning environments. This is a full-time appointment that is reviewed annually. A courtesy appointment with online teaching opportunities may be arranged.
Instructional Designer III
- Assist faculty members as they define instructional goals, assess students’ needs, and develop methods to deliver effective curricula online and on campus
- Consult with faculty as they review and transform curricula into online courses
- Direct course and program design projects through their implementation, delivery, and assessment
- Align assessment and evaluation strategies, including peer review, with educational standards and systems such as Quality Matters
- Provide support as groups of faculty learn to use course management systems, software, and related tools to create and deliver course materials
- Work collaboratively with related campus offices to plan, develop, and offer workshops and programs
- Foster a network of colleagues who are developing innovative and creative teaching collaborations
- Promote faculty inquiry and research related to online learning
- Develop, design, communicate, and research best practices and solutions for instructional design
- Maintain currency with campus initiatives and trends in e-pedagogy including generational and inclusive learning strategies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Applicants must have a Master’s degree and five years’ experience in higher education, instructional or curriculum design, or a related discipline
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional design, including universal design
- Extensive technology toolbox of e-learning content development and assessment creation software
- Instructional consulting experience and/or experience working in a faculty center
- Experience and evidence of success in university teaching
- Demonstrated leadership for initiating projects and seeing them to conclusion
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Effective teamwork, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Knowledge of academic structures and values
- Ability to work with instructors from a wide range of academic cultures and disciplines; experience with Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Knowledge of theories of learning and educational research
- Ability to teach in, and affiliate with, an academic department
- Participation in national organizations focused on teaching, learning, technology in higher education
Applicants should submit the following components in the application packet:
To apply, follow one of these links:
If you do not currently work for one of the University of Missouri-System campuses, use this link:
If you are a current employee of our organization please use the following link instead:
Cover letter that includes the following
- Instructional design experience
- Contributions with developing or helping to develop college-level online courses
- Familiarity with accessibility requirements
- Experience and skills related to developing interactive and engaging learning activities in online course
- Organizing strategies that help keep track of projects, paperwork, appointments, and emails
- Online teaching experience
- Statement of Philosophy of Online Course Design
- Names and phone numbers for three professional references, preferably from higher educational institutions
Applicant screening will begin immediately. Candidates are encouraged to submit their materials by Sunday, December 3, 2017; however, screening will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must combine all application materials (Cover letter, CV, and list of three references with contact information) into a single pdf or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters.
Please apply for this position at www.mepservices.com and click on the Career Opportunities tab.
Vista Meadows Academy is currently hiring a High School Special Education Teacher. Must have a valid Michigan Teaching Certificate and an (LD)/(SM) endorsement.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a wonderful staff and become an active member of a school family? Did you get your teaching degree because you truly believe that all children can succeed academically when given the proper tools and instruction?
Vista Meadows Academy is a 9-12 public school academy located in Dearborn Heights, Michigan serving less than 200 students. The small high school setting for Detroit area students provides support for student achievement by offering after school programs, college readiness assessments, and extensive summer opportunities.
Vista Meadows Academy is a public charter high school located on the beautiful campus of Vista Maria in Dearborn Heights, Michigan. Serving less than 150 students, Vista Meadows Academy provides support for student achievement by offering after school programs, college readiness assessments, free credit recovery opportunities and a safe and stimulating learning environment. The Academy was founded on the belief that all children can learn if provided a nurturing and stimulating environment where expectations are high and support is bountiful. At Vista Meadows Academy, students are inspired to be college bound and career ready by mastering the habits of scholarship, character, and leadership.
At Vista Meadows Academy, you will work with a team-oriented and dedicated staff and be provided regularly scheduled time for professional development, mentoring, and teacher collaboration. We are looking for teachers who are creative, flexible, organized, and passionate about teaching students with unique needs. If you believe in making a positive difference in the lives of students, thrive in an environment where collaboration is a mainstay, flexibility is a must, and a positive, self-motivated attitude makes you a part of a unique family, then you need to apply today.
If you are interested in learning more about Vista Meadows Academy, please visit our website at http://www.vistameadowspsa.com/
Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision BCBS plans with a low employee contribution. 3% Employer 401K Contribution. Life, ADD, STD, and LTD paid 100% by the employer!
We have 3 high schools in the Metro-Detroit area. Lutheran North (Macomb), Lutheran Northwest (Rochester Hills) and Lutheran Westland (Westland).
Currently we are seeking qualified candidates for Chemistry/Physics at Lutheran High Westland. The position could be part time (8:40 – 12:40 Monday through Friday) or if the candidate was also qualified to teach Geometry, the position could be full time.
Interested candidates may contact Paul Looker (information below – email is best).
Lutheran High School Association
1100 Bagley, Rochester Hills, Michigan 48309
Where are the Jobs?
Competing effectively in today’s job market requires professionalism, patience and persistence. Successful candidates do not wait for jobs to be advertised to find and apply for opportunities.
Career Services is sponsoring Navigating Today’s Job Market, Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 5 PM in 1339 Faculty/Administration Building.
Join the discussion to learn how effective research, interviewing and networking can help you crack open the hidden job market to land an internship or launch your career.
More information is available at www.careerservices.wayne.edu or by contacting Career Services at (313) 577-3390. See you there!