Midland County Educational Service Agency – Adaptive Physical Education / Health Teacher
Position: Adaptive Physical Education / Health Teacher
- Bachelor’s Degree required in physical education. Valid Michigan teacher certificate in special
education required with approval in adaptive physical education (APE endorsement).
- Experience working with special education students in a school setting preferred.
- Knowledge of physical education curriculum and Michigan Model for Health Curriculum.
- Effective in implementing physical education activities directly with special education students.
- Demonstrated mental-physical ability and stamina necessary for assisting in the implementation of
behavior management plan systems for students and for lifting and moving students and gym
equipment as required.
- Ability to utilize district technology
- Punctuality and good attendance are requirements for the position.
- Work successfully as a member of a team.
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and make decisions in accordance with board policies and
established administrative guidelines.
Director of Special Education and/or designated Special Education Supervisor
- Provides basic academic skills and personal adjustment/pro social skills for students in the classroom
- Oversees paraeducators and other staff assigned to the classroom.
- Develops and implements goals and objectives in accordance with special education rules and
regulations and with students’ IEPs.
- Maintains regular communication with parents/guardians.
- Participates in IEPs and other meetings as necessary.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining a budget for classroom/staff functions.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with all staff, families, local districts and
- Maintains the appropriate documentation, paperwork and progress reports.
- Attends staff meetings and professional development as appropriate.
- Performs related work as requested.
Starting Date: Fall 2018
Posting Closing Date: Until Filled
Send resume and cover letter to:
Anna Auer, Human Resources Coordinator MIDLAND COUNTY EDUCATIONAL SERVICE AGENCY 3917 Jefferson Avenue
Midland, MI 48640
989.631.5892 x 136
MIDLAND COUNTY EDUCATIONAL SERVICE AGENCY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER