Escuela Avancemos! Academy – Elementary Teachers
Escuela Avancemos EA is hiring for the position of Elementary School Teacher.
Elementary School Teacher job purpose is to provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in core academic subject areas designed to fulfill their maximum potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills that will prepare them for success in higher education and society. Designs, plans, and implements an instructional program that supports student learning. The Elementary School Teacher creates a positive school culture of scholarship, character, and leadership traits.
Responsibilities include the following:
Instructional Planning and Delivery
- Analyze performance data in order to provide targeted instruction based on students’ individual needs.
- Develop and implement lessons plans that fulfill the requirements of the district’s curriculum program, reflect accommodations for learning style differences, and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Present subject matter according to the guidelines established by the Michigan Department of Education, board polices, and administrative regulations.
- Work with other staff members to determine instructional goals, objectives and methods according to district requirements.
- Work with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students as identified in Individual Educational Plans (IEP).
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process
- Plan and monitor work flow of instructional assistants and volunteers.
Monitoring Student Progress and Potential
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Support mission of school district by serving as a positive role model for students.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
Qualities of Effective Teachers
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly to students, parents, and staff.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents and community members.
- Participate in staff development activities that improve job-related skills and professional growth.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and campus policies for classroom teachers, including daily attendance, punctuality and confidentially.
- Compile, maintain and file all reports and other required documents.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Demonstrate the following core values: integrity, high expectations, commitment, respect, dedication to teamwork and passion for a student centered environment.
- Daily attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited our-year college or university
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate
- Knowledge of core subject areas
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Classroom management
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust and adapt
Travel Required: Occasional
Work Hours: 8:30am-4:00pm
Shan’Ta Johnson, Administrative Manager
Escuela Avancemos! Academy, 3811 Cicotte St., Detroit, MI 48210
Phone: 313-269-8719 Fax: 313-596-0077