Southfield Public Schools – Secondary Teacher
Salary: SEA CBA
Reports To: Director of Support Services/Principal
Qualifications: Must maintain a Valid Michigan Secondary Teaching Certificate with the following endorsement(s):
SA, SB, SC, SE, SK, SL, SM, SP, or SV
Description: The Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their
potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth. This person is responsible for organizing and
implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with SPS
policies, goals and objectives. This position is for the 2017-18 school year.
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying
backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Ensures that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and schools.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting his/her course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Demonstrates gains in student performance.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules,
- Must adhere to IDEA and MARSE Rules and Regulations in developing, maintaining and implementing student’s
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
Applicant must apply online by visiting the Job Openings-External section of the Southfield Public Schools website
http://www.southfieldk12.org or by visiting the Applicant Central site directly at http://hr.southfield.k12.mi.us/Login.aspx.
All applications must be submitted by the closing date and time.
All submissions should include your name, contact information (phone number and/or email address), and a copy of your
Southfield Public Schools Statement of Non-Discrimination & Equal Employment Opportunity
Southfield Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability,
age,height, weight, marital status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic, in its programs and
activities, including employment opportunities. The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries
regarding nondiscrimination policies: Title VI Coordinator—Vickie Hall JWE Administrative Center, 24661 Lahser Rd.,
uthfield, MI 48033, 248/746-8541; Title IX and Title II Coordinator—Derrick Lopez, JWE Administrative Center, 24661
Lahser Rd., Southfield MI 48033, 248/746-8580; Section 504 Coordinator George Chapp, Division of Instruction at
University High School Academy, 24815 Lahser Rd., Southfield, MI 48033, 248/746-4328