Detroit Service Learning Academy – Teaching Positions
Currently seeking teachers for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade. For the third and fourth grade, need teachers for all subject areas. In need of a Social Studies teacher for fifth grade. The fifth grade position is unique in itself because the teacher only has to teach one subject area. This teacher will be able to collaborate with his/her team members daily.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in education (K-5)
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
- Attend staff meetings; assign and grade class work and homework.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments in order to evaluate students’ progress.
- Confer with parents or guardians, teachers, school cultural specialist, and administrators in order to resolve students’ behavioral and academic problems.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children’s progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and their resource needs.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Prepare objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines and requirements of states and schools.
- Enforce administration policies and rules governing students.
- Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
- Meet with grade level professionals to discuss individual students’ needs and progress.
- Prepare reports on students and activities as required by administration
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Organize and label materials, and display students’ work.
Grades 3-8 Instructional Coach/ Principal
Detroit Service Learning Academy
21605 W. Seven Mile Rd
Detroit, MI 48219
P: (313) 541-7619
F: (313) 541-7656
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Comments are closed.