Grosse Pointe Schools – Infant and Toddler Caregiver
Responsible To: Head Teacher, Preschool Director, Child Care Coordinator
Supervises: volunteers, co-op students and children in the program.
- Greets children and their parents warmly and with enthusiasm each morning.
- Promotes feelings of security and trust in children.
- Responds quickly in a soothing and tender manner to infants' cries or calls of distress.
- Becomes familiar with each child’s schedule, and is comfortable with multiple infant feeding and
- Interacts with children positively and supports their learning and development.
- Supports and implements lessons and activities planned by the Head Teacher.
- Works with Head Teacher to address challenging behaviors or situations
- Understands and implements injury policies and parent notification as necessary.
- Follows all rules and regulations established with the Bureau of Children and Adult Licensing of
the Michigan Department of Human Services
- Acts as a positive liaison for parents/guardians as they visit the school
- Complete 16 hours of professional development each calendar year through the attendance of
workshops, meetings and conferences.
- Assists other staff with cleaning and sanitizing responsibilities
- Other responsibilities as requested
- Ability to stand and walk over 60% of the work day in order to supervise children throughout
daily activities, walk throughout the school, participate in Gym and Playground activities.
- Must have the physical stamina to care for energetic young children.
- Required to lift (7 -50 pounds), bend, sit on the floor, run and engage in other physical activities.
- Must meet minimum State Licensing Requirements.
- FIA clearance, Livescan fingerprints, signed child abuse form and TB test on file at main office.
- Yearly CPR and First Aid Training
- Must be able to adequately carry out all above mentioned job responsibilities.
- Work compatibly with Director, Lead Teacher and caregivers.
- Be punctual and in attendance daily.
- Must be at least 19 years old.
Work Year: 12 months
Application Procedure: Complete the on-line application and attach the required documents. Direct inquiries to Sara Meier, Director of Preschool Services; email@example.com
Selection Procedure: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The successful candidate must meet the State standard for a clear criminal history and provide mandated fingerprint clearance.
For details please visit us at: https://mi01000971.schoolwires.net/page/960