Mercy High School Employment Opportunity – Media Center Technician
Mercy High School in Farmington Hills has an opening for a media center technician for the 2017-2018 school year.
The media center technician will supervise the media center five days a week during a reduced work day, and perform a broad range of library and multimedia related functions connected to the support of library services and educational technology needs.
This is a part time position receiving minimal supervision.
- Monitor standards of student behavior within the library media center for the purpose of maintaining a safe environment conducive to learning.
- Provide instruction and assistance in the access and use of the library media center resources.
- Assist students and instructional staff in identifying and accessing relevant print and digital information resources.
- Assist staff and students in educational technology practices to support iPad applications that substantiate learning.
- Achieve proficiency in operating a variety of media equipment, computer equipment and systems for the purpose of providing library media services to students and staff.
- Participate in professional development training and required meetings.
- Assist other personnel as may be required.
- Library experience or Associate’s Degree with certification as a Library Technician, and/or experience in educational technology.
- Possess knowledge of standard library functions, and computer and Internet proficiency with ability to learn new software applications.
The Desired Candidate Will:
- communicate well and work as a team member in achieving media center standards and goals.
- have a willingness to learn and share best educational technology tools and practices.
- be able to multitask in responding to immediate requests from various audiences.
Inquiries: Please send resume to email@example.com
The Archdiocese of Detroit is an equal opportunity employer that does not illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital or other legally protected status.