Arts Academy in the Woods Immediate Employment Opportunity
Special Education Teacher
Arts Academy in the Woods (AAW) in Fraser, Michigan has an immediate opening for a Special Education teacher.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University.
- A valid Michigan teaching Certificate with an endorsement in Special Education
- A valid Michigan teaching Certificate with an endorsement in Emotionally Impairment (SE) or Learning Disabilities (SM)
- Experience in policy (IDEA) and/or administration with Special Education
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft Office products)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer focused approach
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Schedule, organize and conduct IEP related meetings
- Participate in the school’s Student Support Team; help teachers develop and implement program modifications and strategies for all students;
- Assist, as needed, with the organization and proper implementation of all paperwork, documentation and procedures for the IEP process;
- Manage and provide instructional guidance and general strategies for a caseload of students;
- Develop, write and help implement IEPs
- Evaluate tests and assessments, complete report cards and conduct parent conferences;
- Communicate regularly with parents/learning coaches of students with special needs to insure that their IEP goals are being met, and that their needs are addressed in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Consult with teachers and coordinate the implementation of specially designed instruction as defined in the IEP regarding students with specific needs and potential learning issues; Work directly with special education students in a resource room.
Work Year: Mid-August through Mid-June
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience.
- Salary: Per the Arts Academy in the Woods Master Agreement.
- Benefit package available, including health, medical and retirement per the Arts Academy in the Woods Teacher Master Contract
- Position would be within the American Federation of Teachers Alliance of Charter School Teachers
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to:
Michael A. Mitchell Ed.D., Principal
Arts Academy in the Woods
32101 Caroline St.
Fraser, MI 48026