For more information and how to apply: Academic Instructors Revised 01.12.17
Dearborn Public Schools currently has 6 openings for an ASD teacher.
Full-Time Science Teacher at Ladywood High School
Interested applicants should have either a DI or DX endorsement for secondary education. Applicants should send: resume, transcripts, three references, and a copy of current teaching certificate to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brewer Academy with the Detroit Public Schools Community District is looking for enthusiastic teachers to join their team ASAP! Please see below for details. Interested persons may contact Mr. Willie Wood, Principal, via email: email@example.com or by phone: (313)866-2070
Job Title: Elementary K-5 Teachers – (10 months); K-8 Art & Music Teachers
Posting Date: August 3, 2017
Salary Range: DFT Salary Schedule (Step 1 to Step 3 unless returning DPSCD teacher)
In accordance with the Agreement between the Detroit Federation of Teachers and the Detroit Public Schools Community District, the following vacancy is announced:
Job Type: Instructional
Location: Brewer Academy
Benefits Eligibility: Successful candidates will be eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, as well as illness and vacation days.
Reports to: Principal/Designee
Must possess a valid Michigan Teaching Certificate or Michigan Temporary Teaching Authorization (T2EA), K-5; K-8 All Subjects endorsement. Possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an institution accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools or an equivalent agency. Successful candidates who possess degrees beyond a Bachelor’s Degree will be eligible for the appropriate salary differential.
- Ability to relate positively with students, teachers and parents.
- Ability to work with other professionals in a collaborative manner.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time management and administrative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle challenging behavior.
- Ability to motivate a group of students and explain things as creative as possible.
Duties/Responsibilities and Functions:
- Cooperate with teachers, parents and community members.
- Enhance teaching team practice and grow professionally.
- Offer rigorous curriculum aligning with State of Michigan Common Core guidelines.
- Provide alternative force choice and creative assessment for students.
- Enable field studies to improve classroom curriculum.
- Offer input and assist grade level, subject matter and leader led conferences.
- Oversee school uniform ad discipline policies.
- Develop parent and family involvement in school life and curriculum.
- Engage and lead professional development programs.
- Offer individual help to students to ensure satisfactory progress.
- Synthesize with colleagues on school activities to ensure academic success.
- Discuss with parents on student progress and academic achievements.
- Instruct rules of conduct and ensure classroom and campus discipline.
- Counsel students during academic and adjustment problems.
- Handle attendance, progress reports and grade records.
- Plan study programs to meet students’ needs, interests and abilities.
- Design curriculum as per the needs of the students.
- Evaluate and assess students’ progress on a periodic basis.
- Monitor individual student’s progress.
- Take corrective measures to enhance student-learning abilities
- Instruct students on proper use of equipment, materials, and textbooks.
- Maintain inventory of instructional materials, aids and equipment.
- Maintain accurate complete student records, and prepare reports.
Inkster Preparatory Academy is expanding its enrollment for the upcoming 2017 – 2018 school year and will need to expand its teaching staff. We are currently seeking energetic and passionate Michigan certified teachers to grow with us. Currently, we have open positions for K-4th grade elementary teachers (in the self-contained classroom) and a physical education teacher.
We encourage all teachers to either e-mail their interest to the principal at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school at 313.278.3825 for immediate interview appointments.