Recent grads or students just finishing their field placement who are looking for Spanish secondary teaching jobs. At Wayne Memorial High School, Spanish 2, 4, and AP, this is a great opportunity for a new teacher to get some experience with upper level students, and there is a potential for it to turn into a full time placement in the fall.
The Coordinator of Freshwater Education position is responsible for coordinating, marketing and delivering watershed and Great Lakes education programs to a variety of different constituencies throughout Michigan.
- Development of a tailored curriculum and associated resources for K-12 learners related to watershed and Great Lakes environmental issues, including leave-behind materials for teachers;
- Acquisition and upkeep of all program-related materials. Assist development department in regular sponsorship updates and reporting requirements;
- Upkeep of a detailed budget and travel log;
- Training of other education staff members and volunteers for program delivery and content knowledge.
- Documented completion of an undergraduate degree in environmental education or a related life science field;
- An academic and/or service record reflective of significant scholarly achievement or advocacy for watershed and Great Lakes issues including education, policy and economic sectors;
- A minimum of three years’ experience presenting science content and integrated research results to diverse public audiences in a museum setting or institution of higher learning (five years preferred);
- Documented understanding and success relating to and interfacing with citizen advocacy groups, particularly those of a grass roots nature;
- An understanding of and interest in existing statewide initiatives related to water ecology, watershed studies or Great Lakes advocacy;
- A detailed understanding of the State of Michigan Grade Level Content Expectations for k-12 student curriculums, for ecology/life science benchmarks particularly as relates to outcomes for the State of Michigan’s annual MEAP testing in school districts and public school academies;
- Strong organizational skills; Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with ability to create effective, engaging presentation and materials;
- Must be goal oriented and demonstrate ability to work independently. A valid Michigan driver’s license with satisfactory driving record is required.
This is an 18 month grant funded position. Continuation of the position is contingent upon further grant funding.
If the position piques your interest then please send a cover letter, resume and the employment application (available for download below) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (248) 645.3014.
Employment offers are contingent on satisfactory completion of background checks and references, and verification of the appropriate identity and employment eligibility documentation as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Background checks include:
- Criminal History Check
- MI Sex Offender Query
- Education Verification
- Livescan Fingerprint Check
- Unprofessional Conduct Check (current or most recent employer)
- Additional Checks may be required depending on the nature of the position
Cranbrook is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. As an EEO employer, Cranbrook’s policy is that employment-related decisions shall be made without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, height, weight, marital status, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Posting Can be found http://www.cranbrook.edu/employment/staff
Teach graduate courses in Instructional Systems Design and Technology Program, and other classes as needed. Help trainers/educators to effectively design technology-enhanced instructional systems that serve the diverse needs and abilities of all learners. Work with traditional and non-traditional student populations. Assist with collection and analysis of data directed toward program improvement. A major component of this position will be promoting the masters and doctorate programs and recruiting cohorts. As a member of the department, the applicant will be expected to be a part of various committees and provide leadership. The applicant will be engaged in service at all levels of the university, and maintain a scholarly publication record.
Immediate opening in our English learners program. We’re looking for a teacher that is bilingual (Spanish or Arabic) to work with our kindergarten and 1st grade newcomers; ESL endorsement (or near completion) required; early childhood endorsement preferred. This is a full-time, contracted position.
Contact: Collier Lynn Steelman email: Steelmc@melnapschools.com
The Center for Inclusive Teaching and Learning at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point is hiring an instructional designer.
Long term substitute physical education teacher, for a 12 week position starting mid February – May? This is for k-3 physical education but they would not be required to hold a physical education degree. Anyone with physical education experience will suffice.
For more information contact:
Taylor Tollafield (email: email@example.com)
Physical Education Teacher
Bloomfield Hills Schools