Henry Ford Health Systems: Marketing Internship Opportunity
STUDENT INTERN – MARKETING
Under the direction of the marketing manager, this position assists the marketing staff in developing and implementing marketing strategies and tactics designed to support system growth objectives and increase brand awareness among key target audiences (e.g. prospective patients, caregivers, referring physicians, etc.). The marketing intern will manage projects from conception through measurement using strategic marketing resources, including market intelligence, performance data evaluation, target audience demographics, search analytics and ROI measurement tools. As an integrated team member, the marketing intern may work with staff in all areas of the marketing spectrum, including strategic planning, marketing communication, brand management, content strategy, web design, digital/social strategy, reputation management, CRM, data analysis and creative development.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A qualified candidate must be enrolled in a four-year college or university with a concentration in marketing, advertising, communication, business administration or related field. Candidate must have good academic standing and achieved junior-level status or above. Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and be guided by a compelling client/customer orientation and commitment to superior service.
• Assist in the development, management and implementation of marketing plans for internal clients. Tactics may include: brochures, traditional and digital advertising campaigns, posters, direct mail, flyers and paid search strategies.
• Assist in the creation of written, digital, social and video content for use on corporate website, blog and social media properties.
• Assist in planning and coordinating marketing events, including lectures and community classes.
• Work closely with creative resources (writers, designers, photographers, videographers) and print vendors as needed to deliver final product.
• Assist in developing and assembling various corporate direct marketing efforts, i.e. mailings and informational packets.
• Collaborate with other teams on campaigns as needed, including web, public relations and system communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & SKILLS
• Deadline driven and detail oriented with ability to work independently while managing numerous projects and customers using creative problem solving.
• Strong customer orientation and commitment to superior service.
• Strong critical thinking and verbal communication skills.
• Strong written communication skills, including grammar, spelling and punctuation. AP Style guidelines and SEO knowledge a plus.
• Working knowledge of social media, i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube.
• Microsoft Office proficiency required.
A qualified individual must be able to perform each essential duty competently. The requirements listed above
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SALARY AND HOURS
This is a paid, hourly position. Candidates are expected to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
The corporate office is located in Detroit’s New Center Area, near the Fisher Building. Secure parking available.
Henry Ford Health System
1 Ford Place, 3B
Detroit, MI 48202
Works in a normal office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise,
and the like. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – FEBRUARY 28, 2018
Submit email of inquiry, resume and two short writing samples to Julie Perez at email@example.com by February 28, 2018.
Manager, Service Line Marketing
Henry Ford Health System, one of the largest and most comprehensive integrated U.S. health care systems, is
a national leader in clinical care, research and education. To learn more, visit HenryFord.com.