Full Time Opportunity: Meridian Health Plan
Pharmacy Specialist (Job ID: 2017-4395)
Applications close on December 26, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
A Day in the Life of a Pharmacy Specialist:
This position is the face of MeridianRx as it serves as the front line support for member, providers, pharmacies and internal staff for customer service. Pharmacy Specialists are responsible for responding to internal and external requests for assistance with authorizations, medication profiles and other clinical and operational pharmacy processes.
- Assist members, providers, pharmacies and internal staff with pharmacy inquiries
- Answer incoming calls and place outgoing calls to achieve the goal of providing excellent customer service
- Ensure high quality in all data entry, including requests for prior authorization and all system documentation
- Review all faxes and enter requests for prior authorization for review
- Perform assigned tasks according to established guidelines
- Ensure compliance with all company, state and federal rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s degreeis preferred
- Obtain designation as a registered pharmacy technician through obtaining a certification and full license in the state of Michigan within 90 days of completing the internal certification exam training program. Limited and temporary licensure are not acceptable
- Customer Service experience required
- Knowledge of drug products, dosage forms and usage, as well as retail pharmacy operations is preferred
- Knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology is preferred
- Knowledge of managed care and authorization processes is preferred
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within pharmacy operations is preferred.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills; maintains professional demeanor
- Computer/data entry skills; proficient in data warehouse, database, word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to work with minimal management oversight on multiple projects with competing priorities
Interested Applicants Apply at: