City of Dearborn Recruiting WSU Students for an Assistant Librarian Position
SALARY: Minimum: $34,224 per year Maximum: $41,069 per year
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK:
This is paraprofessional library work in assisting library patrons with reference, circulation, and materials processing, and performing other tasks under the supervision of professional library staff. The employee performs duties that require knowledge of standard library routines as well as some professional library duties. Although much of the work may be performed independently in accordance with established routines and practices, all work is subject to review by a professional librarian.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (See reverse side for job description)
- Possesses initiative, a positive attitude and teamwork skills.
- Some knowledge of books and authors as related to general reader interests.
- Knowledge of MS Word and related equipment for effective use of library computers and automated systems.
- Ability to actively listen to others and to communicate effectively in English; bilingual ability is helpful.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with other employees, library patrons, and the general public.
- Ability to learn new computer skills efficiently and to quickly adapt to changes in the work environment
- Ability to perform routine clerical and record keeping tasks.
- Ability to lift and transport objects weighing up to 50 pounds on occasion as needed in processing books and materials.
- Ability to take direction and adhere to established routines and schedules, including scheduled evening and Saturday hours.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIRED:
Graduation, with a four-year degree, from an accredited college or university with some clerical and customer service experience in a library setting. Some experience in word processing or data terminal operation desirable.
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION:
- Proof of graduation and/or copy of college transcript(legible student copies accepted).
POST EMPLOYMENT OFFER REQUIREMENTS:
- Satisfactory completion of medical examination prior to start date, including drug screening.
- Satisfactory criminal history background check.
- All appointees are subject to a one-year probationary period.
LAST DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS: 8:00 a.m., Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Apply online at www.cityofdearborn.org