NORMA Group is currently looking for an Applications Engineer. If interested, please see the details below and send cover letter and resume for consideration to Careers.firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAREER WORKSHOPS – WINTER 2015
February 17, 4:00 pm, Room 1347 FAB (How to Plan Your Career)
March 4, 3:00 pm, Room 1339 FAB (What Can I Do with My Major)
EFFECTIVE RESUME WRITING
January 30, 11:30 am, Room 1347 FAB
February 12, 3:00 pm, Room 1347 FAB
February 25, 5:00 pm, Room 1339 FAB (Effective Resumes)
March 18, 2:30 pm, Room 1339 FAB
March 10, 3:00 pm, Room 1347 FAB
March 23, 2:00 pm, Room 1339 FAB
April 9, 1:30 pm, Room 1339 FAB (Resume Q&A)
April 10, 2:00 pm, Room 1347 FAB
February 10, 11:00 am, Room 1339 FAB
February 19, 3:00 pm, Room 1347 FAB
February 20, 2:00 pm, Room 1347 FAB
March 3, 4:00 pm, Room 1339 FAB (Successful Interviewing Strategies)
March 10, 10:00 am, Room 1339 FAB
March 12, 2:00 pm, Room 1339 FAB
April 7, 3:00 pm, Room 1347 FAB
April 10, 12:00 pm, Room 1347 FAB (Interviewing Q&A)
CAREER FAIR PREPARATION
April 14, 12:00 pm, Room 1339 FAB (Career Fair Q&A)
JOB SEARCH STRATEGIES
February 17, 2:30 pm, Room 1347 FAB
February 19, 3:30 pm, Room 1339 FAB (Navigating Today’s Job Market)
March 20, 2:00 pm, Room 1347 FAB
March 25, 3:00 pm, Room 1339 FAB
March 31, 3:30 pm, Room 1339 FAB
April 1, 2:00 pm, Room 1339 FAB
All workshops are one hour in duration. Pre-registration not required.
Aerotek currently has positions with Ford for Safety Development Engineers. The positions are contract and are expected to last for 12 months. Ford is very open to entry level candidates that are coming out of school. They understands that people that are currently employed in the field probably won’t be interested in leaving their jobs for a short term position, so new grads are a perfect fit. Candidates that are interested in the positions are typically recent grads that see the position as an opportunity to gain some valuable experience and references from a company like Ford and take that experience elsewhere after the 12 months.
Interested individuals can forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
|Safety Development Engineer. Responsible for the impact safety development of the vehicle. These responsibilities include creating test plans for barrier, sled and components, ordering parts and vehicles, writing test requests, interfacing with the Ford test team (VEV), supporting the vehicles during the barrier test prep process, attending the tests, taking details notes on the vehicle performance post test, communicating the results and issues back to the safety team.|
|Knowledge of the FMVSS safety requirements. Capable of utilzing CAD/CAE software packages.|
|Skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.|
|Experience in automotive crash safety. Experience in creating and executing test plans.|
|Experience in detailed analysis of safety test results.|
|BS in Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Biomechanical Engineering or closely related field.|
CHEP Pallecon and Automotive Industrial Solutions is looking for a Market Analyst in Livonia, Michigan. This entry level position will generate revenue by initiating new sales with prospects via cold calling and build relationships with potential customers in various markets including food, beverage, automotive, non-hazardous chemical and cosmetics. Candidate will qualify prospects in identified growth markets and ensure consistent communication with prospects. This position will support our Business Development Managers located remotely by scheduling face to face meetings and compiling and logging accurate data in Salesforce. This position reports directly to the Commercial Sales Manager.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to Casondra.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Market Analyst Position:
•Qualify lists and leads via cold calls and email communication
•Partners with marketing and outside sales division for prospecting new leads.
•Research existing databases
•Assists in the launch of new customers
•Analyze current market segmentation
•Executes sales strategy in alignment with marketing objectives.
•Delivers on budget targets and contributes to the execution of the New Business team .
•Drives expansion with new container platforms
Experience & Knowledge
• 1-3 years sales or customer service experience required; prior industry experience preferred
• Previous experience managing Strategic Accounts
• Previous Supply Chain Knowledge
• Past experience with Salesforce.com and Marketo a plus
• Knowledge of customer segment business requirements.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective presentation and negotiation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Organized and self-motivated.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Working knowledge of Strategic Selling Model
Graduate Professional Development
(GPD) Seminars 2015
The Graduate School is offering a series of seminars that provide WSU graduate students with insights for navigating their career and building their professional skill set.
Tuesdays @ 4:00-6:00 pm in the WSU Welcome Center Auditorium
All WSU graduate students are welcome to attend the GDP seminars.
More sessions will be added later in the semester.
|January 13||Abstract Writing|
|January 27||Poster Prep|
|February 3||Career Planning**|
|February 10||Job Search and Networking**|
|February 17||Turning a CV to a Resume**|
|February 24||Interviewing Skills**|
**Registration is encouraged for PhD students through WayneGradCareers at https://wayne-csm.symplicity.com/students. Master’s student can sign in at the door.
For more information go to http://gradschool.wayne.edu/professional_development.php
Secondary Science Teacher opening, East Detroit Public Schools.
Please visit the following website for position details, to apply for this position and to view other opportunities http://applitrack.com/eds/onlineapp/.
Specialist, Automotive Business Unit
With offices in more than 50 cities across 25 countries, Oliver Wyman is one of the world’s fastest-growing strategy consulting firms, combining deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, organizational transformation, and leadership development. The firm’s 3,000+ professionals partner with clients in industry sectors and regions of the world where our distinctive approach allows us to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses. For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com.
Why Join Us?
Our work is marked by exceptional impact for our clients. By consistently producing results, we have earned a reputation for quality work and attractive career opportunities
- Global reach with revenues exceeding $1.5 billion in 2013
- More client exposure and significant international opportunities
- Extremely attractive compensation for performance
- A company that is committed to work-life balance and having fun
- A springboard to the most exciting future career opportunities
Automotive Business Unit
Oliver Wyman works for the world’s leading auto manufacturers (OEMs), suppliers (Tier 1 and 2), and service providers (dealers, downstream businesses), as well as private equity firms and investment banks. Together with our clients, we develop and implement value growth strategies, customer solutions, product strategies, operational excellence initiatives, and change management programs – with an overall objective of building and protecting brand value. Our deep industry expertise and our specialized capabilities make Oliver Wyman a leader in serving the needs of the automotive industry.
The specialist position is an entry-level opening in the Automotive & Manufacturing Industries Practice based in our Troy, Michigan office. It is ideal for candidates with an engineering background to gain business experience as well as non-engineers with backgrounds in statistics or mathematics. The successful candidate will spend approximately 90% of the time as an analyst for the Harbour Report™. The Harbour Report™ is the world’s leading publication of manufacturing productivity in the automotive industry. This role will initially be data-heavy as the Specialist will assist the rest of the team with organizing, querying, validating, and analyzing data submitted via an in-house database application. Other functions will include secondary research, creating models in Excel and developing slides for executive presentations.
In time, the Specialist will provide research support to our consulting staff on a variety of engagements and get opportunities to interact with Harbour Report™ clients on a daily basis as well as present to management. The candidate must feel comfortable working with various stakeholders to design appropriate studies, conduct appropriate and thorough analyses, develop prudent and supported recommendations, and present findings.
The role will work very closely with a small and tight knit group. It is an extremely collaborative position requiring a candidate who is a team player and has the ability to contribute expertise and adopt input from others. The specialist position is a client facing role requiring outstanding professionalism and interpersonal skills. The ability to represent the firm to a multi-national client base is crucial.
- Undergraduate degree from leading university with strong academic performance
- Fluency in Chinese, both written and verbal
- Capable of coordinating and managing multiple workstreams
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Creative problem solver
- Maintain data integrity and accuracy and use data to identify and solve problems
- Willing to work with data in many tables for extended periods
- Entrepreneurial spirit with high personal initiative – self-directed
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced Excel capability (ex. macros, pivot tables)
- Work well in a team environment with minimal management layers
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally, as required, to support our clients (5-15%)
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- All candidates must meet one of the following two criteria:
- Possess a passion for automotive industry (or manufacturing in general)
- Possess a passion for analytics
- Relevant experience (industry or educational) with any of the following:
- Visual Basic for automating Microsoft Office
- Statistics and probabilities
- Regression analysis
- Experience with manufacturing operations
- Automotive industry experience
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principals
Interested individuals can forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Paralegal Specialist – CDC (PS-CDC)
What is the PS-CDC position?
The PS-CDC assists the Division Chief Division Counsel in performing comprehensive legal research and writing on the more complex legal questions emanating from administrative claims and/or other legal situations of interest to the legal unit.
What are we looking for?
Selected candidates for the PS-CDC position will have a strong legal background and will be rated on the following competencies- Legal, Government and Jurisprudence, Research and Analysis, Database Management, and Written and Oral Communication.
Who will qualify?
- Applicants with specialized experience in the legal duties described in the job posting.
- Applicants with higher education degrees as spelled out in the job posting.
- Able to meet all FBI employment requirements as well as be able to pass an FBI Background Investigation and receive a Top Secret Security Clearance. (For automatic disqualifiers visit https://fbijobs.gov/51.asp.)
What are the duties of a PS-CDC?
Analysis of information and development of information concerning, or related to legal matters.
Preparation of litigation reports and affidavits.
Conduct research for preparation of legal opinions on matters of interest to the agency.
Utilizes computerized legal research data programs to assist in conducting research.
Performs substantive legal analysis of requests for information under the provisions of various acts.
Salary and Career Progression
The PS-CDC position is a GS-09/11 depending on your performance, qualifications and/or specialized experience. Visit opm.gov for information on the GS pay scale in your area.
The FBI provides Student Loan Repayment and other incentive options for qualifying personnel, depending on availability of funding and a 3-year service commitment.
Visit USAJOBS.Gov and go to posting DE-2015-0029 to apply.
About ICF International
If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF International.
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, helping improve the education of American youth, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 4,500 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF’s website is http://www.icfi.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities)
Job Description: Senior Manager- Research and Evaluation (Education), application deadline is February 16th
Health, Education, and Social Programs
Education, Community & Social Programs Division
Interested individuals please submit a cover letter and resume at https://icfi.taleo.net/careersection/icf_prof_ext/jobdetail.ftl?job=1400005276&lang=en
ICF International seeks a Senior Manager to work within our Youth and Adult Education Line of Business. The Senior Manager will play a leadership role on a variety of education projects focusing on research and evaluation. He or she will contribute to our projects by providing management as well as technical and content expertise. The Senior Manager will play a key role in business development, and in expanding ICF’s portfolio of research/evaluation projects in education.
Our work focuses on important policy issues, uses rigorous and innovative evaluation methods, seeks to inform education stakeholders of best practices, and involves working closely with clients to ensure that results are relevant, useful and make a difference. Current work within ICF’s Education Division includes evaluation and technical assistance projects related to effective teacher and leader development, teacher evaluation, dropout prevention, charter schools, financial education closing the achievement gap, and higher education and the transition to college. This position will involve working with federal clients such as the US Department of Education, as well as state and local education agencies and non-profit organizations.
- Lead and manage projects related to research and program evaluation.
- Identify project opportunities and collaborate with other experts in the education field.
- Formulate research and evaluation designs.
- Provide technical leadership across a range of education-focused projects through the development and implementation of approaches as well as the dissemination of reports and findings.
- Interact with and understand client needs.
- Identify and lead business development opportunities.
- Mentor and supervise junior staff.
- Master’s degree in education, sociology, social work, public policy, psychology or related field.
- 10+ years of relevant experience and proven record of conducting and leading projects.
- Experience in leading research and evaluation projects in a consulting environment.
- Experience with Federal or state government programs, specifically in the K-12 education, higher education, consumer education, or international education fields.
- Experience translating evaluation findings
- Experience fostering collaboration between teams and organizations.
- Experience managing relationships with clients.
- Demonstrated business development experience.
- Demonstrated experience with effectively utilizing statistical software (e.g., SPSS, SAS).
- Experience in qualitative analysis.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, and the ability to multitask under strict deadlines in a fast-paced, client-oriented environment.
- Solid team builder and team player with proven ability to manage competing priorities, perspectives and stakeholder needs.
- Ability to think analytically, define and thoroughly document tasks, conceptualize, plan, and complete major elements of project work.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities.
- Ability to work independently and lead tasks.
- Demonstrated, outstanding level of professionalism, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
: United States-Maryland-Rockville
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icfi.com/careers
Ignite Automotive presents an evening of high-energy, Automotive Career Inspiration at the Royal Oak Music Theater on February 9, 2015.
Complimentary registration is at: igniteauto.eventbrite.com
The event is described in detail at: www.igniteautomotive.org
Individuals who register before January 22, 2015 will receive a custom, heavy-metal-themed, t-shirt that promotes S.T.E.M. education.
No charge to attend this event!
Attention Early Childhood Education Majors! Job Shadowing opportunities are available at all Bright Horizon Child Development Center locations in MI coming up this Groundhogs Day (February 2, 2015).
Playworks Corps Member positions are full-time roles bringing healthy play and physical activity to low-income schools to create a positive environment for learning and teaching. Hired members are trained and placed at an urban elementary school to run Playworks’ physical activity program focused on teaching and organizing safe and inclusive games before, during and after school. Members teach conflict resolution strategies and inspire all children to get off the sidelines and into the game. Members work to generate more community and family involvement through recruiting and supporting volunteers and facilitating community engagement activities. This Americacorp term of service will span approximately one full school year. Members start and end dates vary–typically starting sometime in August or September and ending in May or June.
The current positions are for the 2014-15 school year. Interviews for these positions are held throughout the school year with positions starting in January 2015.
For position responsibilities, qualifications, benefits and how to apply, please see more at: http://www.playworks.org/join-the-game/join-our-team/americorps-program-coordinator#sthash.OCzSuhqn.dpuf
An FBI hiring canvass for cyber talent that began in December and closes on January 20, 2015 is currently available. The FBI announced the launch of a tech workforce recruitment campaign on fbijobs.gov. The canvass is aimed at recruiting top technical talent from STEM-related fields, particularly science, engineering and mathematics. The FBI is seeking responsible, motivated, self-starters to work in high pressure and demanding team environments as Special Agents, Computer Scientists, Information Technology Specialists and Engineers. The canvass is seeking Cyber Interns as well. The positions range from grades GS-4 through GS-13 and will be assigned at locations throughout the United States. During this campaign, the FBI is also recruiting for the Cyber Internship Program.
Special Agents (Cyber)
Information Technology Forensic Examiners
This announcement is open to all U.S. citizens and all applicants must meet the minimum requirements for each position. Additional information regarding these opportunities is available online at www.fbijobs.gov and www.fbijobs.gov/cybercareers.
Are you interested in Great Lakes or marine issues — or know someone who might be? Michigan Sea Grant is recruiting applicants for paid fellowship programs! The fellowships offer terrific career-building and networking opportunities, real-world training, a salary and benefits, and a chance to explore careers that combine science and policy.
Graduate students with a wide range of backgrounds (i.e., natural or physical sciences, policy, law) and a strong interest in Great Lakes, coastal, aquatic or marine issues are encouraged to apply.
Programs require a full-time commitment, and fellows typically graduate from their degree program before embarking on the fellowship.
Please pass this information along to those you think might be interested. If you’d like to print a copy of the flyer to distribute to your department, please do! Here’s the PDF version. Also, look for additional fellowship opportunities from Michigan Sea Grant soon!
To learn more about these opportunities and how to apply, visit: www.miseagrant.umich.edu/research/fellowships/
Want to know what it’s like to be a Sea Grant fellow? Learn about the fellowship experience from current and past fellows on the blog.
City of Dearborn looking to hire an ELECTRICIAN.
Apply online at www.cityofdearborn.org
STARTING SALARY: $51,189 per year – $24.61 per hour
This is skilled work at the Master Electrician level in the installation, alteration, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems, equipment and fixtures in accordance with standard practices of the electrical trade and compliance with all applicable building codes. Assignments and review are received from a superior, but the employee must be able to achieve a high quality of workmanship without close supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Job Functions (Functions essential to attaining job objectives):
- Installs, maintains and repairs electrical wiring systems, fixtures, motors, controls, generators, transformers, relays, switches, appliances and other electrical equipment.
- Acts as lead worker over other employees assisting in the work.
- Tests, diagnoses and corrects electrical problems.
- Installs and maintains indoor and outdoor lighting systems.
- Reviews and follows electrical plans and diagrams.
- Estimates time and material costs and maintains work records.
- Performs electrical work both in the shop and on locations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge of the standard practices, materials, tools and equipment of the electrical trade.
- Considerable knowledge of the city and state electrical codes.
- Considerable knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions peculiar to the trade.
- Skill in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment.
- Ability to independently perform skilled electrical work.
- Ability to act as an effective lead worker over other employees.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIRED:
Must have at least 10 years of experience working as an electrician. Graduation from an accredited high school or G.E.D. equivalent.
NECESSARY SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Possession of a valid license as a Master Electrician as issued by the State of Michigan. Possession of a State of Michigan driver license with a good driving record.
POST EMPLOYMENT OFFER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must satisfactorily complete medical examination and criminal history check prior to start date.
- All appointees are subject to a one-year probationary period.
LAST DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS: Position is open until filled.
Apply online at www.cityofdearborn.org
RGBSI is dedicated to provide highest quality service to our clients and employees. We are proud to be primary staffing partner to top companies in the automotive, aerospace, IT, media & entertainment, sports, energy, and finance industries. Because of our clients’ continued growth, we are looking for energetic professionals who enjoy working with people and to be a partner to leading US companies.
Technician Position: Long-term/indefinite position
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform the more complex and specialized mechanical and/or electrical tests on product components or series of components
Develops special purpose instrumentation and/or shop or laboratory test equipment
Maintains records on work performed, analyzes data collected, reports results
Recommends revisions to product or component design
Maintains good housekeeping, safety practices and supplies
Coordinates and exchanges findings with engineering personnel outside work group on an occasional basis
Knowledge in MS Office (Word) – Intermediate level
Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool – Intermediate level
Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
Strong written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback
Displays attributes of a critical thinker and leverages innovative ideas
Advanced ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using root cause analysis where problems are more complex
Basic knowledge of complex mechanical and/or electrical concepts – 4-6 years’ experience
Basic math knowledge – 4-6 years’ experience
Ability to read engineering drawings – 4-6 years’ experience
Position related experience – 4-6 years’ experience
Relevant auto industry experience required – Entry level (<1 year)
Areas of expertise include: Quality, Testing and Automotive systems
High School Diploma or GED
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical field or Automotive Technology or equivalent training
We offer attractive, competitive compensation including Visa sponsorship and benefits including, medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401k, Short Term Disability, AD&D and tuition reimbursement
If you take pride in your work and are committed to personal and professional success we want to talk to you.
Please visit www.rgbsi.com to learn more
RGBSI, is dedicated to provide highest quality service to our clients and employees. We are proud to be primary staffing partner to top companies in the automotive, aerospace, IT, media & entertainment, sports, energy, and finance industries. Because of our clients’ continued growth, we are looking for energetic professionals who enjoy working with people and to be a partner to leading US companies.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES TO: email@example.com
* The tooling engineer is responsible for the day to day management of the development and launch of tooling and tooling projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* As assigned, reviews product drawings for manufacturing feasibility and recommends design changes as required for compliance with manufacturing capabilities, cost and product performance.
* Recommends tooling suppliers based on knowledge of a tooling suppliers performance, quality, communication, and delivery.
* Reviews with the tooling suppliers, through on-site and written communication the necessary processing and the design of each new tool to assure optimum performance with respect to production capability, tool durability, and tooling standards.
* Schedules and attends weekly meetings with Program Management to both gather and communicate information related to the assigned tooling project.
* Reviews tooling construction progress at the various tooling suppliers to assure conformances to required quality standards and time line. Schedules and resolves through consultation with tool source management any engineering difficulties or deviations from anticipated work schedules or due dates. Monitors the status of all assigned areas of their assigned tooling project through the management of data in the Tooling Tracking System (TTS).
* Completes and documents in the TTS, all tooling status reports to assure timing of program and to manage any deviations. Escalates issues of timing or other major issues to the tooling manager as soon as the issues are known.
* Manages and communicates the tooling development status through the TTS and TTS Summary in weekly and monthly tooling meetings as scheduled.
* Attends tooling tryouts at the tool shops and plants to assure that the tool is producing a quality part per the math or print data and ensures the designated sign off of suppliers and manufacturing plant per the TTS.
* Evaluates tooling problems occurring within the manufacturing plants and consults with the necessary personnel as to the corrective action to be taken.
* Leads estimating the cost of new tooling and tooling that require engineering changes.
* Travel of up to 70% is required.
* Strong bias for action and follow-through
* Ability for international travel
* Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus
* Excellent organizational and project management skills
* Hands on skills and experience with tooling and tooling materials for acoustical products and soft trim for automotive
* Good communication skills both written & oral
* Ability to use AutoCAD, Catia, SpinFire and MS Office
* Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or 5 years’ experience in tool manufacturing
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, vision, paid time off and holidays, 401k, Short Term Disability, AD&D and tuition reimbursement. If you take pride in your work and are committed to personal and professional success we want to talk to you. Please visit www.rgbsi.com to learn more.
ASSISTANT RECREATION SUPERVISOR
Dearborn Ice Skating Center
SALARY: Minimum: $41,820 per year Maximum: $50,184 per year
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK:
The employee assists the Facilities Manager in the supervision and operation of an indoor, year-round ice arena. The employee supervises a large number of part-time and seasonal personnel engaged in recreation, maintenance, and clerical duties related to the facility. Although general direction is received from the Facilities Manager, the duties and responsibilities require considerable independent judgment and initiative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (See reverse side for complete job description)
- Assists the Facilities Manager in supervising and scheduling the use of the DISC for hockey games, public skating, learn-to-skate classes, intro-to-hockey classes, youth and adult hockey leagues, banquet hall activities, etc; assumes full responsibility for arena operations in the absence of the Facilities Manager. Work schedule will include a combination of days, nights and weekends.
- Supervises a large number of seasonal and part-time staff engaged in the day-to-day operation of the DISC. This includes the concession stand, pro shop, maintenance of the facility and recreational programming.
- Organizes, plans and coordinates DISC programs including learn-to-skate classes, youth hockey leagues, adult hockey leagues, advertising opportunities, figure skating clinics, hockey clinics, tournaments, competitions, etc.
- Trains staff, schedules maintenance, orders supplies and prepares necessary reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the operation of an ice arena, including concession stand and pro shop operations..
- Knowledge of related building and equipment maintenance and safety requirements, including the Zamboni ice resurfacer, refrigeration equipment, ice installation and ice maintenance.
- Knowledge of business record keeping and bookkeeping practices.
- Ability to effectively supervise large numbers of maintenance, recreation, and clerical personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and to maintain positive public and employee relations.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Some college credit, supplemented by courses in business or recreation administration and refrigeration maintenance; or an equivalent combination of experience and training resulting in the necessary skills. Experience in the operation of an indoor ice arena, including supervisory experience.
LAST DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS: 8:00 a.m., Tuesday, December 30, 2014
Apply online at www.cityofdearborn.org