Interested in learning more about Customs and Border Protection (CBP)? Are you interested in a career with CBP? Join us for a CBP Open House.
9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Henry Ford College
5101 Evergreen Rd
Dearborn, MI 48128
Workshops / Information Sessions include topics on:
> Which CBP career is right for you
> Prepare to Apply
> USAJobs Resume Writing
> History / Organization of CBP
> Overview of CBP Components
> Reporting Requirements
> Vehicles > Handheld Equipment
> Vessels > Technology
> Canines > Tactical Response Team
Henry Ford College
5101 Evergreen Rd
Dearborn, MI 48128
For directions visit https://www.hfcc.edu/
U.S. Customs and Border Protection is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more info visit: visit www.cbp.gov
CBP’s border security mission is led at ports of entry by CBP officers from the Office of Field Operations, along U.S. borders by agents from
the U.S. Border Patrol, and from the air and sea by agents from Air and Marine Operations. Also at ports of entry, agriculture specialists are deployed to protect U.S. agriculture from the introduction of pests or disease from overseas sources.
Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan Job Description
Job Title: Program Services Director
Job Description: The Program Services Director is responsible for child school and senior nutrition programs as well as nutrition and hunger awareness education programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work with managers to develop new and improve current nutrition and hunger awareness programs within Gleaners, in the community and with agency partners. 2. Identify resources and opportunities to support education with agency partners and their customers, empowering both to make healthier choices. 3. Support initiatives to create healthier environments within the food bank network. 4. Integrate programs to create synergy 5. Nurture a culture of wellness amongst staff and agency partners 6. Represent Gleaners to collaborates, partners and other community stakeholders 7. Work with managers to manage and develop department and grant budgets 8. Provide oversight of grants in order to meet goals and timeline expectations 9. Develop tools for agency partners to promote and health 10. Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities. 11. Accomplishes staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; conducting training; enforcing policies and procedures. 12. Demonstrate and support the Gleaners mission, vision and values throughout all professional responsibilities and activities 13. Other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor Degree or higher in nutrition, public health, non-profit management or related field preferred but not required 2. A minimum of five years supervisory experience 3. Experience in training or adult education 4. Knowledge of USDA nutrition programs 5. Budget management or basic accounting 6. Two years or experience in program management 7. Must be able to meet flexible scheduling demands of programs with some evenings and weekends. 8. Valid drivers license and proof of insurance
Language Ability: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; with the ability to write routine reports, and correspondence are required. Strong interpersonal skills with all contacts, internal and external, are required.
Math Ability: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Basic knowledge of bookkeeping required.
Reasoning Ability: Strong analytical skills are required. Ability to proactively address and creatively solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Work Environment: The standard work environment is an office setting with fluorescent lighting and temperature and humidity controlled by air conditioning and heating. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. The employee will occasionally be required to perform duties in other settings (i.e. Warehouse or industrial environments, outdoors, other corporate settings.) Physical Demands The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to speak, hear and use hands. Moderate amounts of walking as well as long periods of sitting or standing are occasionally required.
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wayne State University’s Career Services
is pleased to announce the 2nd Annual
Spotlight 7 Career Fair!
When: Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Time: 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Where: McGregor Memorial Conference Center (Main Campus)
The Spotlight 7 Career Fair is a career fair with job opportunities for the following seven WSU Schools/Colleges:
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- College of Fine, Preforming and Communication Arts
- School of Social Work
- College of Education
- College of Nursing
- School of Library and Information Science
- College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- WSU students and alumni attend for free, no registration is necessary.
- A WSU OneCard or a resume showing that you attended WSU is required for entrance.
- Please dress professionally.
- To see a list of the companies attending and what jobs they have to offer, please visit the Spotlight 7 Career Fair page on Career Services homepage.
- Questions regarding this event can be directed to Padmaja Rao or Susan Crowley at (313) 577-3390.
CAREER INFORMATION SESSION – COLUMBIA BUSINESS SCHOOL RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES
Thursday October 8, 2015
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Room 1001, Faculty/Administration Building
Come join Dr. Khaled Hamdy, Director of Research and Planning at Columbia Business School for an information session about research opportunities at Columbia Business School.
Are you interested in research? Would you like to learn more about what research is? What type of research is performed in a business school? Are you ready to combine your mathematics and computing skills to find innovative solutions to challenging problems in new fields? Are you interested in manipulating and analyzing with large amounts of data? Do you want to pursue research in a field with excellent academic and industry career opportunities?
Columbia Business School offers a number of opportunities for students to do high-impact research in the ultimate business laboratory: New York City. Students will have the opportunity to work alongside our leading global researchers as they develop ideas transform the business world. Our faculty work in the fields of Decision, Risk & Operations (DRO); Finance & Economics; Management; and Marketing.
Our research offerings include the following:
· SUMMER RESEARCH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – This 10-week summer program provides an intellectually stimulating environment and exposes the intern to the world of business research. It is designed for students in their junior year, but exceptional sophomores and Master degree students have participated. Interns are provided with housing and a stipend. (Application process begins in January 2016)
· FULL-TIME RESEARCH ASSOCIATE PROGRAM – This 2-3 year program allows the Research Associate to work on many different projects with world-leading faculty in their respective fields. Alumni of the program have gone on to top-tier business PhD programs or positions in top financial services firms. (Application December 1, 2015 for openings in July 2016)
· PHD PROGRAM – Columbia Business School provides an intense research community and excellent resources for doctoral studies. A fellowship and stipend give doctoral students flexibility to pursue their interests without having to worry about funding. Recent graduates have joined leading academic institutions, including, Stanford, Northwestern, Wharton, and Duke. (Application deadline January 4, 2016)
Khaled Hamdy manages all the research activities supporting faculty research at Columbia Business School, and he is looking to attract talented research-oriented students to Columbia Business School. He earned an MBA (2006) with Distinction in Strategy and Finance from the NYU Stern School of Business, a PhD (2000) in Electrical Engineering from the University of Minnesota, an MSE (1990) in Electrical Engineering from the University of Michigan, and a BS (1988) with Honors in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the University of Colorado.
Khaled has had a diverse career spanning corporate strategy, consulting, and research & development. After completing his MBA, he worked in the consultant in the telecom, media, and technology industries. He also worked in the Corporate Strategy group at Alcatel Lucent, where he developed growth, sales, and innovation strategies, built customer intelligence practice, and developed organizational strategies to improve innovation as new technologies are developed in Bell Labs. After his PhD, he worked at iBiquity Digital Corporation, where he applied his expertise in audio coding technology to the development of the HD Radio standard in the US.
Wayne State University’s Career Services
is pleased to announce
the 2nd Annual Spotlight 7 Career Fair!
When: Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Time: 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Where: McGregor Memorial Conference Center (Main Campus)
The Spotlight 7 Career Fair is a job fair for the following seven WSU Schools/Colleges:
1. College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
2. College of Fine, Preforming and Communication Arts
3. School of Social Work
4. College of Education
5. College of Nursing
6. School of Library and Information Science
7. College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
– WSU students and alumni attend for free, no registration is necessary.
– A WSU OneCard or a resume showing that you attended WSU is required for entrance.
– Questions regarding this event can be directed to Padmaja Rao or Susan Crowley at (313) 577-3390.
- Employment projections, 2012–22 (PDF)
- The OOH and occupational employment projections, 2012–22 (PDF)
- Career Outlook (PDF)
About Career Services Presentation
Thursday, September 17th
1339 Faculty/Administration Building
Come and discover all of the resources and services that WSU Career Services offers freshman thru alumni.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Population Health and Health Equity
Reports to GDAHC President and CEO
Salary: Commensurate with experience
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Detroit, MI
The Greater Detroit Area Health Council (GDAHC), Michigan’s premier Regional Health Improvement Collaborative (RHIC) is pleased to announce an immediate opening for the position of Senior Manager, Population Health and Health Equity.
The Senior Manager, Population Health and Health Equity is responsible for the coordination and implementation of all of GDAHC’s strategies and programs related to population health, health equity, and chronic disease management, and related community outreach initiatives. This position leads the development and execution of GDAHC initiatives intended to improve the health and wellbeing of the individuals who live, work, play and pray in southeast Michigan; with a focus on identifying and eliminating disparities in health outcomes and care delivery; designing and promoting programs to proactively address and mitigate health and health care delivery issues based on race, ethnicity and language; creating and implementing educational and outreach programs aimed at prevention of chronic diseases; connecting various community health improvement initiatives and facilitating information sharing across these initiatives; and engaging patients and consumers.
The Senior Manager, Population Health and Health Equity is GDAHC’s subject matter expert on population health, heath disparities and chronic disease management, and represents GDAHC on a number of State and southeast Michigan boards/projects.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversee the development of population health and health equity programs that enable GDAHC to achieve its vision of “Healthy people. Health economy.”
- Contribute expertise to health improvement goal setting, evaluation of community needs, identification of policy and action options, program development, and creation of monitoring and evaluation plans
- Monitor decisions and projects to ensure they achieve intended results and that work products are consistent with GDAHC’s broader strategy
- Manage various programs, projects, and clinical initiatives
- Design and develop project plans for new programs; this will include identifying analyses needed, conducting such analyses and/or coordinating with others
- Play lead role in driving assigned strategies
- Work with internal and external customers to provide appropriate deliverables (this may include developing and negotiating contracts as needed)
- As required, manage, in part or in full, relevant staff to aid in project implementation
- Establish realistic and stretch goals for each project in advance of project launch for review and approval by leadership/stakeholders
- Plan and schedule project goals, milestones and deliverables, and evaluation plans working with relevant committees and program staff
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis to assure tasks are tracking with work plans and timelines
- Meet project plan deadlines (these deadlines may require extended daily work hours)
- Implement programs for maximum results
- Regularly monitor, interpret, and summarize program progress and results using trackers, trends, metrics, etc.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Cultivate the development of best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Coordinate related activities across GDAHC to ensure that all aspects of each program are successful and that all impacted personnel are aware of progress/updates
- Undertake strategies for contingency planning and risk mitigation
- Staff relevant committee(s), including supporting agenda development, supporting documents, working closely with the committee chairperson
- Some administrative responsibilities in facilitating meetings
- Liaison with relevant, local, state and national stakeholders, grantees and other organizations
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, public health, or other field directly related to the duties of this position; a master’s degree is preferred
- Four-to-five years professional experience in a role requiring writing, analytics, project management and making presentations
- Demonstrated success in implementing and managing projects and a proven ability to deliver results
- Working knowledge of the health care environment
- Familiar with key health policy issues, particularly as related to community, public and population health; health inequities and disparities; and chronic disease management
- Experience with multicultural health care environments and under-privileged populations
- Experience in community health affairs, needs assessment and health program development
- Experience in data analysis tools and techniques for program monitoring and evaluation
3. Leadership and supervisory experience
- Two-to-three years in a leadership/managerial role requiring management of projects and accountabilities from inception to conclusion in an effective and comprehensive manner that appropriately evaluates implications and results in solid solutions, securing beneficial results that add value and contribute to strategic direction
- At least two years supervisory experience
4. Planning, problem solving, decision making and flexibility
- Outstanding planning and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and work within tight project timelines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, including demonstrated ability to manage/prioritize multiple activities and responsiveness to requests
- Able to identify and solve project issues effectively
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problemsolving capabilities
- React to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Flexible during times of change
5. Communication skills
- Positive interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work not only within a collaborative team environment but also with multiple external stakeholder organizations
- Excellent and highly effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
- Delivers targeted, culturally-appropriate information to help individuals and groups understand health promotion and disease prevention information
- Uses appropriate methods for interacting effectively and professionally with persons of all ages and from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, educational, racial, and ethnic, sexual orientations, lifestyles and physical abilities
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature
- Comfortable and professional in high-stress situations
- Participative management style—advocates team concept
6. Other competencies and skills
- Ability to build alliances and lead: demonstrates honesty, integrity, and follow-through on commitments, anticipates internal/external customer needs and meets expectations, strives for collaboration, supports others and team results, ability to manage different perspectives and find win-win solutions
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially and collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituencies
- Skilled consultant, able to appropriately recommend solutions that meet objectives, while offering deep insights and strategic implications
- High level of creativity
- Strong financial/analytical skills
- Experience with foundations and fund development with a demonstrated ability to write grants and secure funding from external sources is preferred
- Will be required to contribute to the development and preparation of proposals for funding from external resources for health promotion and disease prevention initiatives and programs
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications
7. Background checks or licensing requirements
- GDAHC may conduct the following: criminal background checks; reference checks; education, experience and salary verifications; and drug tests
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United State on a full-time basis
8. Additional requirements
- GDAHC works in an inclusive, team-based environment and all personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time
How to Apply
Required Application Documents: A resume or CV; a letter describing qualifications, accomplishments, and professional experiences related to this position; names, titles, postal and e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of three references
Please e-mail your resume and other required materials to TellKate@gdahc.org
No phone calls please
All materials are due by COB on Thursday, September 3, 2015
ABT Elementary, Dearborn, MI
Position: P/E Health Teacher (K-5)
Seeking certified teacher for full time physical education/health for grades k-5. Elementary school experience preferred. Benefits include: health, dental, vision. Teacher must be certified for K-5 physical education/health.
For questions, please call (313) 581-2223.
Interested individuals can e-mail a resume to email@example.com
Michigan Veteran Affairs Agency is looking to identify sharp, talented veterans to be featured as presenters at the North American International Cyber Summit 2015 hosted by Michigan Governor Rick Snyder, October 26, 2015 at COBO Center, Detroit, MI.
A select group of veterans will have the opportunity to participate as featured speakers for the presentation: Veteran Talent in IT and Cybersecurity with Michigan Veteran Affairs Agency regarding how their skills and experience – and those of veterans like them – can benefit Michigan’s Cyber Security/IT industry.
The Cyber Summit 2015 will bring together experts from across the globe to address a variety of cybersecurity issues impacting the world of business, education, information technology, economic development, law enforcement and personal use.
For more information on the North American International Cyber Summit 2015 please visit: https://events.esd.org/CyberSummit.aspx
The link to the employment application if WSU student and alumni veterans are seeking employment:
Please note the deadline to apply is Monday, September 14, 2015, 5:00p.m.
For more information, please contact
Now Hiring! LBSW, LSW, LLMSW LMSW and RN’s at one of the fastest growing companies in the State of Michigan!
Meridian Health Plan is the largest Medicaid HMO in the State of Michigan, providing health care to over 420,000 Medicaid enrollees through a contract with the Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH). MHP is a physician-owned, physician-managed Medicaid health plan. Its corporate headquarters are located in Detroit, Michigan. Meridian Health Plan has over 700 open positions, and projected to double in size by 2017. At Meridian, growth is a pillar of our Culture and a unique characteristic that defines your ability to shape the direction of your goals. With opportunities as diverse as our team, you are certain to find the roles that speak to your passion. Take a moment to review the current list of opportunities available. Your next big move is just ahead!
Please review our careers website and apply to positions that suit your interest! https://careers-mhplan.icims.com/jobs/2246/care-coordinator-%28mi-health-link%29/job
A nonprofit professional association located in Troy, Michigan seeks a full-time Coordinator to support their membership department. The Coordinator is responsible for engaging and providing assistance to members, potential members and other stakeholders. The Coordinator supports the implementation of marketing efforts, researches and prepares statistical reports, and assists with all membership projects and activities. The Coordinator is expected to maintain a cooperative, communicative, and professional relationship with association members, staff, customers, and vendors to ensure consistent service/product delivery throughout the association.
Working Hours: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm although must be flexible with the ability to work additional hours and weekends.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience: Minimum two years office setting customer service experience.
- Knowledge: a background in the usage of social networking and competent computer literacy, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, and e-mail software.
- Individual must be a self-starter, a team player, and able to multi-task
- Good communication and computer skills required with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Physical Activity: Significant sitting, occasional standing, walking, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Flexibility: Flexible hours and travel are required as needed.
Work environment is general office with cubicle workspace.
Great work environment and great benefits.
Mail, fax, or e-mail resume and salary history to:
P O Box 5068
Troy, MI 48007
Fax: (248) 267-3772
Job Title: Social Worker/Behavioral Health Care Worker
Reports to: Reports directly to the Social Work Supervisor
FLSA classification: Exempt
Provide integrative and behavioral health care services to patients and families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Performs biopsychosocial Behavioral Health Care Services (BHCS) assessments.
Establishes a treatment plan that provides maximum benefit to the patient.
Involves the patient in identifying and understanding presenting problem.
Consults with medical/referring providers integrating behavior and primary health.
Educates and supports the patient regarding options and services available.
Provides for a multi-disciplinary approach to a treatment plan, coordinating with other staff.
Coordinates care of patients with referring health provider(s) or agencies.
Assesses patient progress and modifies the treatment program accordingly.
Maintains documentation on all case files including patient information, treatment plan, progress and outcomes.
Attends and participates in conferences to discuss patients’ care and other staff meetings. Participates in committees as requested.
Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
Assists clients with interpreting when needed.
Servicing clients on UCG results as needed.
Reviews and refers screenings on the PH-Q9, Edinburgh, etc
Conducts client services on HIV.
Conducts home and hospital visits as needed.
Maintains patient confidentiality by following protocol and procedures that all care staff have set for HIPAA guidelines
Maintains patient confidentiality.
Responsible for contributing to the patient team care approach as it relates to social worker supervisor/behavioral health care worker duties.
Master’s degree in Social Work.
Completion of an internship required by degree.
Social work experience required.
Special requirements, qualifications, licenses or certifications:
Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
License as a Masters Social Worker (LMSW) in the State of Michigan.
Substance abuse certification or specialty
All candidates interested in transferring or applying, must submit their written request and resume to Angela Salgado, Human Resources Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible for the day-to-day up keep and maintenance of facilities owned and /or operated by CHASS Center. Duties include but not limited to building & grounds, HVAC, janitorial services, electrical systems, lighting systems, building automation systems and oversight of the security operations. Maintain all appropriate documentation required to support facility management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
Plans, budgets, and schedules facilities modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions.
Understands building systems; construction, ability to read and understand architectural drawings.
Researches and coordinates outside contractors to assist with facility maintenance not performed by CHASS personnel including annual inspections required by regulations
Ensures proper certification of workers compensation coverage and required license/permits are in place.
Manages contractual commitments for contractors including costs, quality, and schedule and field activities.
Routinely conducts quality assurance activities through reviews, meetings, reports and observation of results, according to professional practice standards and regulatory compliance.
Works closely with Administration on all building projects in order to communicate and direct repairs, construction and renovation, and preventive maintenance performed by outside contractors.
Prepares and/or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by data.
Acts as liaison to public utility, environmental, and energy agencies.
Regularly surveys facility, grounds and equipment identifying and performing necessary repairs.
Maintains building and grounds for security, cleanliness, and readiness to serve patients. Caring of grounds includes but is not limited to: coordinating and participating in the mowing of lawns, care and upkeep of shrubbery and mulch; weeding of shrubbery beds; picking up of trash on grounds and putting in proper receptacles; coordinating and participating in the clearing of snow and ice from sidewalks and roofs.
Analyzes firm’s HVAC systems, electrical systems and lighting, maintains plumbing fixtures, and overall maintenance of the facility.
Coordinates with IT the implementation and maintenance of the facilities security system.
Participates in scheduled safety audits with Management team members and Safety Officer/safety team members to evaluate necessary tasks to ensure that the facilities continue to meet OSHA Environment of Care safety standards and regulation requirements and to maintain the upkeep of the facilities.
Responsible for up keep of Material Safety Data Sheets.
Coordinates and/or participates in the setup of the facility for meetings, seminars, and conferences as directed.
Responsible for coordination of responsibilities for cleaning of facilities with the contracted cleaning services.
Monitors and records operating conditions and function of all utilities and building equipment, including but not limited to heating and cooling units, thermostats and humidity controls.
Reports unusual operating conditions and initiates corrective action, as required.
Responsible for coordination of outside contractor for disposal of biohazard medical waste according to OSHA regulations. Assists in the coordination of annual OSHA training relative to Biohazard Material and Blood Borne Pathogens training.
Responsible for coordination of recycling activities and removal of recyclable waste.
Coordinates, manages and maintains all maintenance and security contracts.
Date Posted: April 27, 2015
Responsible for overseeing buildings safety and security. Assists the Safety Committee/Management with the development and implementation of a disaster plan.
Responsible for maintaining Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
Coordinates quarterly fire drills for the sites and arranges for annual fire extinguisher training for all employees.
Participates in professional development to keep current with maintenance trends. Attends workshops and conferences as needed.
Responsible for coordination of shipping and receiving into the facilities as well as inventory control.
Participates in Management meetings.
Bachelors Degree from four-year college or university preferred with two-five plus years of related experience and/or training at the supervisory level; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Provides oversight to outside contractors
All candidates interested in applying, must submit their written request and resume to Angela Salgado, Human Resources Director email@example.com
Now Hiring! LBSW, LSW, LLMSW LMSW and RN’s at one of the fastest growing companies in the State of Michigan! Meridian Health Plan is the largest Medicaid HMO in the State of Michigan, providing health care to over 420,000 Medicaid enrollees through a contract with the Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH). MHP is a physician-owned, physician-managed Medicaid health plan. Its corporate headquarters are located in Detroit, Michigan. Meridian Health Plan has over 700 open positions, and projected to double in size by 2017. At Meridian, growth is a pillar of our Culture and a unique characteristic that defines your ability to shape the direction of your goals. With opportunities as diverse as our team, you are certain to find the roles that speak to your passion. Take a moment to review the current list of opportunities available. Your next big move is just ahead! Please review our careers website and apply to positions that suit your interest! https://careers-mhplan.icims.com/
Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s premier furniture retailer and one of America’s top 20 furniture retailers, is rapidly expanding our internet presence and brand. Our rapid growth has created rewarding career opportunities for individuals as full-time or part-time eCommerce Sales Consultants.
In these exciting new positions, Consultants work with customers either via the internet or by phone, answering questions, providing information and suggesting items. The goal of these positions is to assist customers from order initiation to completion.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who has excellent communication skills (both verbal and in writing), has a strong interest or training in design and style and enjoys helping people. Specific responsibilities of this position include:
- Checking inventory to ensure that requested product is available.
- Computing pricing, discounts, shipping and other purchase related costs.
- Handling customer questions and issues.
- Preparing and emailing invoices.
- Verifying customer and product information.
- Working with customers to verify order and delivery information.
- Selling add-on and/or additional products.
Successful candidates will have the following background and experience:
- A true desire to help others.
- An outgoing personality and outstanding verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- An understanding of or experience in sales.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong independent decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
Art Van Furniture offers an excellent compensation package including; competitive hourly wages, incentive potential, career advancement as well as outstanding benefits.
Apply on-line today at: jobs.artvan.com.