Sierra Club Michigan Chapter – 2018 Political Internships
What is the Sierra Club?
The Sierra Club’s members and supporters are more than 3 million of your friends and neighbors. Inspired by nature, we work together to protect our communities and the planet. Founded in 1892, the Club is America’s oldest, largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization. Our mission is to: (1) Explore, enjoy, and protect the wild places of the earth; (2) Practice and promote the responsible use of the earth’s ecosystems and resources; (3) Educate and enlist humanity to protect and restore the quality of the natural and human environment; and (4) Use all lawful means to carry out these objectives.
In this internship, you will directly assist candidates running for public office that the Sierra Club has endorsed. The Sierra Club has an extremely rigorous endorsement process and focuses on the most competitive races with the best environmentally-minded candidates. In this internship, we will train you on the basic skills of campaign organizing, educate you about environmental issues impacted by politics, and then deploy you to be part of a candidate’s campaign for somewhere between one to five months (depending on your schedule). Potential responsibilities include helping organize fundraisers for a candidate, coordinating voter contact, organizing phone banks, recruiting Sierra Club members to volunteer for a candidate, canvassing, coordinating press conferences and press releases for a candidate, helping with a candidate’s earned media strategy, running social media accounts for a candidate, policy or campaign research, performing data entry and office work.
The ideal applicant will have an interest in politics, knowledge or interest in environmental issues, be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, and have experience with google drive, facebook, twitter, blogs, and email. Applicants must be able to communicate effectively, take direction on projects, work independently, be flexible, and be prepared for a fun and fast-paced campaign environment.
Internship positions are available in 2018 for summer (May-August) and fall (September-November) semesters, and are able to be shortened or extended as needed. This internship is unpaid but comes with a $50 or $100 gift card to Meijer upon completion of the internship in order to diffuse food/gas costs, and can earn you class credit (you will need to work this out with your academic advisor). The internship is coordinated through our Lansing office but you will be deployed to work for a campaign that will likely not be in Lansing. Internship training is required and takes place in May and September. Internships can be arranged for between 10 to 40 hours per week with flexible scheduling.
send your resume to Mike Berkowitz at email@example.com, with a brief (one-two paragraphs) statement describing your interest in this internship.
People who participate in this Political Internship often go on to achieve professional and academic success. After interning, multiple interns have become lawyers, social workers, political campaign managers, Sierra Club employees, staffers for other non-profit organizations, elected officials, and professors. Many former interns also achieve leadership roles within the Sierra Club Michigan Chapter such as Political Committee Representatives, Legislative Committee Representatives, Citizen Lobbyists, and campaign leaders.
Full-time pay rate starting at $16.79 per hour
(Includes 25.68% locality pay)
Transportation Security Officers at
Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport (DTW)
No Experience Required
Federal benefits, Paid, ongoing training
TSA offers an attractive benefits package including: health, dental, vision, life, and long-term care insurance; retirement plan; Thrift Savings Plan [similar to a 401(k)]; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; personal leave days;and paid federal holidays.
Please apply through January 8th, 2018
online at: https://tsajobs.tsa.dhs.gov
or text “TSO” to 95495 or call 1.877.872.7990
At Beaumont we are committed to providing Patient and Family Centered Care.
Our Patient Transporters are expected to: Provide safe and timely transportation including hand off of patients to department staff throughout the hospital; Pick up and deliver specimens; Maintain transporting equipment, storage areas and break area; Assist with de-cluttering efforts in the hospital including patient rooms; Communicate with patients about their needs and acclimate them to new room, etc.
High school diploma or equivalent.
American Heart Saver Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required before start date if selected for hire.
This position requires heavy lifting, standing, bending, stooping, twisting and a lot of walking. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work well independently.
This position works every other weekend and holiday.
We will bring patients to the morgue and participate in tidying activities in the morgue
To Apply Visit:
City of Novi
The Novi Police Department is a CALEA nationally-accredited, municipal law enforcement agency, proudly representing the top 4% of all law enforcement agencies in the United States, is seeking a proactive, career oriented Police Officer to work in a community oriented problem-solving environment. Detailed qualifications are available below and include a Bachelor’s Degree and the ability to become MCOLES certified.
You must also schedule and complete a profile and examination for this position at EMPCO and follow the listed instructions. There is a fee to take the examination but results of this one test will be accepted by all participating police departments in Michigan. The EMPCO test must be completed prior to submitting your application.
Compensation: Starting salary is $52,632 with a comprehensive benefit package.
Contact: Submit completed application, cover letter and resume by email or mail to Department of Human Resources, 45175 West Ten Mile Road, Novi, MI 48375. Deadline to apply is December 22, 2017. EOE.
For full job description and how to apply please visit: http://www.cityofnovi.org/Government/City-Services/Human-Resources/Available-Job-Postings/Police-Officer.aspx
OPEN INTERVIEWS at BOSCH for Security Officers
IMMEDIATE SECURITY OFFICER OPENINGS available for Afternoon and Midnight shifts! Weekend availability preferred.
Come see us at BOSCH on Wednesday, 12/06/2017, from 1:30 PM – 7:00 PM for OPEN INTERVIEWS. Over 100 openings available!
SHIFTS: AFTERNOONS and MIDNIGHTS
***Security experience not required.*** Must have customer service experience.
PAY RATE: $11.00-$13.00 per hour based on experience
Bring: Valid identification and high school diploma/GED on hand will expedite the process.
You will be required to successfully pass a Drug Test and a Background Check.
The Open Interviews will be held at:
ROBERT BOSCH Plymouth Township Technical Center
15000 N Haggerty Rd
Plymouth, MI 48170
If possible, please apply online before the open house. If you cannot apply online before then, please just stop by.
Securitas is the most locally-focused security company in the United States, with over 640 local branch managers and approximately 86,000 security officers who provide unmatched security solutions to meet the specific needs of thousands of businesses.
IT Student Assistant
Applications close on December 14th at 11:55 pm
This position works directly with the clients, vendors, developers, and management to ensure quality products in accordance with established DTMB standards. The position will learn or possess the necessary programming skills to create new and enhance existing Web applications. The position will be involved in all aspects of web development and maintenance, which would encompass creating mock-ups, gathering business requirements, coding, testing, implementation and support.
Required Education and Experience
Current enrollment in post-secondary educational institution in an IT related degree program.
No specific type or amount is required.
Additional Requirements and Information
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://goo.gl/c9ZMDd and apply electronically for posting #:0801-2017-1439. Thank you and we look forward to reviewing your application.
Community Management Internship
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We’re taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe’s Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
Ten weeks that could change your future! At Walgreens, you have the best of both worlds: the training, support and resources of one of America’s largest retail organizations behind you, plus the encouragement to be a true entrepreneur. Because we want you to succeed in your retail career, we’ve created a comprehensive, step-by-step management development program (LEAP) that will equip you to become a Walgreens store manager, and from there — depending on your career goals — to move into higher levels of retail management at Walgreens.
- The internship program is designed for college students to complete during the summer between their junior and senior years in school, exposes students to management skills and a full range of retail operations at Walgreens.
- Interns will work with experienced store managers to learn about store operations, management responsibilities, merchandising, advertising, inventory, and human resources.
- By the end of your ten-week internship, you’ll know just what it means to manage a Walgreens store.
- It’s also an opportunity for us to seek exceptional students, prior to their senior year of college, to train for future management consideration.
- Lead, Engage, Advance, Perform. (LEAP) is a comprehensive management development program including workshops, online learning and on the job coaching/mentoring preparing Assist Store Manager Trainees for a store management career path.
Get paid to learn!
- Minimum GPA: 2.75
- The internship is conducted between the months of May through August.
- Interns are paid hourly
- $14.00 per hour
- Interns are scheduled for 40-hour work week
A career at Walgreens offers you the potential for growth and a clear path to advancement. Our innovative spirit means every day is a different opportunity to excel in a welcoming and inclusive environment. Take your first step towards a fulfilling career.
Apply now at www.walgreens.jobs
Applications close on November 28th at 1:55 am
$10 per hour and monthly parking stipend!
January – May 2018, Flexible schedule of 15 hours per week
Events Intern Qualifications:
- Working toward a degree/recently graduated from a four-year college or university in Event Planning, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and experience working with e-mail and database programs, CRM a plus.
- Skilled knowledge in event planning, hospitality, logistics, marketing, research and sales.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, detailed oriented, effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and provide superior customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Must have private transportation and flexible working hours for events.
Events Intern Responsibilities:
- Complete all work assignments in an efficient and timely manner. Handle all internal and external correspondence and meet the given deadlines.
- Assist with planning, organizing and coordinating all aspects of assigned events. Such as event research, event site selection, customer follow up, logistics support and registration.
- Working closely with the Manager, Signature Events on member events as assigned by answering and distributing incoming calls, maintaining and handling files, updating the web, managing registration, draft event surveys and report survey findings.
- Administrative support copying, organizing materials for team, collating and production of materials for events, mailings, sending emails and post-event fulfillment.
The Detroit Regional Chamber is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Motown Museum has 3 immediate openings for our Sales Associate Position!!!
Currently, we are seeking to fill a full-time and two part-time positions. If you are looking for a great place to work and enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment, then look no further, Motown Museum is the place for you!
- Greet and engage all customers.
- Promptly and professionally assist customers by answering questions, demonstrating proper use of merchandise, up selling merchandising, handling phone orders, answering museum phone, ringing transactions and informing them of our membership program, special offers, discounts, promotions and special events.
- Assist with the replenishment and maintenance of merchandise.
- Assist with loss prevention by monitoring suspicious behaviors of customers and reporting all suspicions to Retail Operations Manager or Inventory Coordinator.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with staff, volunteers, and members of the community. Exercise tact and diplomacy always.
- Knowledge of basic math
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication; and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Capable of working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Customer service and cashier experience preferred
Must be able to satisfactorily complete a drug screen and background check, available to work weekends and some holidays and at least 18 years of age.
To apply, please email your resume to HR@motownmuseum.org.
Motown Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pack Leader (Part-Time)
Now Hiring Dog Lovers
Canine to Five – Detroit, MI 48201
|Are you passionate about animals? Are you looking for a satisfying and challenging job? Are you ready to join a growth oriented and caring team?
Canine to Five Detroit is looking for Pack Leaders!
To apply, send e-mail your cover letter and resume to: HR@CaninetoFive.com
Paramedic (Detroit Fire Department)
**Applications close on December 17th at 5:55 pm**
Under general supervision and within the scope of practice of an Emergency Medical Technician (Paramedic), responds to 911 calls for service to include medical, trauma and other public emergency situations; administers pre-hospital emergency medical care in accordance with approved medical protocols and Department rules and regulations; operates Department issued emergency vehicles and provides transportation of the sick and injured to medical care facilities.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
- Responds to, and provides assistance at, dispatched or observed medical emergencies or accidents, where there exists the possibility of further injury, loss of limb, death, or where such services are in the public interest.
- Determines the general nature of the emergency situation and communicates observations to additional responders, Command Staff and medical control physicians.
- Provides appropriate emergency care to alleviate medical crisis, reduce injury or stabilize injured person’s condition until definitive medical treatment is available.
- Uses a variety of equipment and special materials to treat injured persons including airway management and ventilation support equipment, defibrillators, extrication equipment, various kinds of splints, special dressings and bandages.
- Informs persons involved of financial responsibility and alternatives available, where emergency conditions are determined not to exist.
- Transports injured persons to appropriate treatment facilities in special emergency medical unit or other assigned vehicle, and recognizes need for transporting unusual cases to particular hospitals where specialized treatment is available; continues patient care while in transit.
- Notifies hospital of incoming emergency cases and, as required, communicates with hospital personnel to advise of patient condition and to secure information or special instructions.
- Maintains a high level of sanitation in assigned vehicle in accordance with infection control standards.
- Inspects assigned vehicle and associated equipment for proper operation and appearance.
- Utilizes computer terminals for emergency and non-emergency communications.
- Operates multi-channel radio or other portable communication devices.
- Prepares required records and reports relating to locations, persons assisted, conditions found, measures taken and services provided, including information for billing purposes.
- Assists in the training of emergency medical service personnel and other
- . Provides testimony in court proceedings and/or assists with investigations.
- Provides appropriate assistance to hospital emergency room personnel within the guidelines of Department directives.
- Assists in keeping quarters clean and otherwise participates in company routine while on assignment at fire house or other site, during stand-by time.
- Attends in-service and other training classes to enhance technical skills.
- Performs duties in accordance with Departmental rules and regulations as well as protocols of the Detroit East Medical Control Authority.
- High School graduation or GED.
- Possession of a current unrestricted State of Michigan Emergency Medical Technician (Paramedic) License and all associated required certifications to operate in the Detroit medical control zone.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION AND OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess and maintain a valid license as a State of MichiganEmergency Medical Technician (Paramedic).
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Michigan Chauffeur License.
- Must possess and maintain valid certification as required by the local medical control authority.
- Candidates considered for placement in this classification may be subject to a Criminal Background and Driving Record Investigation based on the requirements of the position.
All Interested Applicants Please Apply at:
THE HENRY FORD
Marketing Internship (Job ID: 465)
The successful candidate will participate in direct and loyalty marketing initiatives, such as:
- Direct Mail
- SMS Marketing
- Direct Digital Advertising
- Membership Marketing, etc.
Interns will have the opportunity to work directly with program managers in our marketing department, and assist in a variety of ways that include:
- Project Management
- Event Execution
- Background Research
Excellent writing, communication, and computer skills required.
Intern candidates must be comfortable with PowerPoint presentations, client services, business calls, maintaining project details, as well as assisting with selected events and programs.
While this position is unpaid, the experience can be claimed for academic credit and lunch is provided daily.
This internship requires a three-day commitment per week; evening and weekend hours may be required for events.
Marketing, Communications, and English majors encouraged to apply.
Junior / senior year students preferred.
*Please upload resume and cover letter to the online application*
Please complete an online application at:
(Full Time & Part Time Opportunities Available)
As a Specialist, you help create the energy and excitement around Apple products, providing the right solutions and getting products into customers’ hands. You understand that the Apple Store is dedicated to delivering a customer experience that’s unlike any other. It starts with you discovering customers’ needs. And with the support of your store team members, you match those needs with the right products. Every day is an opportunity for you to turn another Apple Store visitor into a loyal Apple customer. Full-time, part-time, and seasonal jobs are available.
- Strong interest in technology, particularly Apple products, and agility at learning new products and features.
- Ability to deliver great customer experiences in any environment and to be invigorated by constant personal interaction.
- Strong communication skills that let you converse as freely and comfortably with small groups as with individual customers.
As a Specialist, you’re highly skilled at uncovering customers’ needs, then following through with enlightening solutions. Not only are you the first person customers meet when they enter the store, but you’re also the person who guides them — advising, selling, and even setting up their new products. You perform other roles within the store too, whether it’s maintaining visual merchandising or assisting team members. Always curious, you stay on top of news about products and initiatives, ready to apply your learning in customer interactions. Your success is measured by team and individual productivity as well as overall store performance. You’re proud to represent Apple, and you get great satisfaction from helping customers develop lifelong relationships with Apple.
- You’re passionate about Apple and eager to share that passion with others. •You’re willing to learn and embrace the guidelines behind Apple’s unique style of service. •You have strong people skills-you’re approachable, a good listener, and empathetic. •You’ll need to be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
Interested Applicants Apply At:
Pharmacy Specialist (Job ID: 2017-4395)
Applications close on December 26, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
A Day in the Life of a Pharmacy Specialist:
This position is the face of MeridianRx as it serves as the front line support for member, providers, pharmacies and internal staff for customer service. Pharmacy Specialists are responsible for responding to internal and external requests for assistance with authorizations, medication profiles and other clinical and operational pharmacy processes.
- Assist members, providers, pharmacies and internal staff with pharmacy inquiries
- Answer incoming calls and place outgoing calls to achieve the goal of providing excellent customer service
- Ensure high quality in all data entry, including requests for prior authorization and all system documentation
- Review all faxes and enter requests for prior authorization for review
- Perform assigned tasks according to established guidelines
- Ensure compliance with all company, state and federal rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s degreeis preferred
- Obtain designation as a registered pharmacy technician through obtaining a certification and full license in the state of Michigan within 90 days of completing the internal certification exam training program. Limited and temporary licensure are not acceptable
- Customer Service experience required
- Knowledge of drug products, dosage forms and usage, as well as retail pharmacy operations is preferred
- Knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terminology is preferred
- Knowledge of managed care and authorization processes is preferred
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within pharmacy operations is preferred.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills; maintains professional demeanor
- Computer/data entry skills; proficient in data warehouse, database, word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to work with minimal management oversight on multiple projects with competing priorities
Interested Applicants Apply at:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Michigan State Police To Host Recruiting Seminar
Date: Saturday, November 18, 2017
Time: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Location: Cadillac Place, 3062 W. Grand Blvd., Detroit MI 48202 – Suite L-150
The Michigan State Police (MSP) will host an informational recruiting seminar on Saturday, November 18, at Cadillac Place, 3062 W. Grand Blvd., Ste. L-150, Detroit, MI 48202 from 10 a.m. until noon. Attendees are asked to arrive by 9:45 a.m.
Recognizing the importance of a diverse workforce, the MSP is committed to reflecting the communities it serves. This free seminar will explain the variety of career opportunities available. Troopers, supervisors and command officers will provide insight and answer questions on recruit training, the lifestyle of a trooper and positions available.
The minimum requirements for consideration of employment are as follows:
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, of good moral character and have no felony convictions.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and a Michigan resident at the time of appointment to the academy.
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- A good driving record and stable credit history is required.
The starting salary at the beginning of recruit school is $44,000 annually with a $7,800 raise upon completion of one year.
To attend the seminar, email Tpr. Marjorie Phillips at Phillipsm7@michigan.gov. The attire for this event is business casual.
A PROUD tradition of SERVICE through EXCELLENCE, INTEGRITY, and COURTESY
Henry Ford Detroit Hospital is seeking to hire a college student intern who is actively enrolled and pursuing a BS or MS degree in the field of Human Resources. The paid intern opportunity will be located on the Detroit Hospital campus in the Human Resource office and will require the student to be available to work 24 – 32 hours per week during the day shift between Monday – Friday. The specific days and times will be determined based on the selected student’s schedule and the needs of the HR department.
This position will partner closely with the Director of HR, VP of HR and the HR Business Partners to support them
The student must possess strong Excel (macros/graphs/charts) skills for data manipulation and analysis as they create monthly metrics around turnover, engagement, open requisitions, etc. They will also create power point presentations. In addition, they will have the opportunity to partner on employee engagement initiatives, talent selection initiatives, investigations, joint commission audits, labor relations and many other HR related initiatives.
If you are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow as an HR professional in a highly dynamic and challenging environment, then this opportunity is for you!
Applications close on November 14th at 1:00 pm
All Interested Applicants Apply at:
In the search field “Henry Ford Health Systems REQ ID: 1085504”
The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) is hiring! Please share these opportunities with anyone who might be interested.
Research Technician for User Experience (Research Tech Lead)
Application deadline: 11/10/2017
The National Archive of Criminal Justice Data (NACJD) is please to announce a career opportunity. The primary area of responsibility is to assist the NACJD Project Manager with tasks related to external relations, user experience, and the overall usability of NACJD products and services. For a full description please visit:
Project Manager for Spatial Data Management (Research Area Specialist Intermediate)
Application Deadline: 11/04/2017
The China Data Center (CDC) is pleased to announce a career opportunity. The primary responsibilities include language translation, content updates, and system maintenance with both Chinese and English interface and menus. For a full description please visit:
INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE
SPECIAL AGENTS, GL-1811-7/9
EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE POSTED TO THE USAJOBS WEBSITE AT: http://www.usajobs.gov
DON’T WAIT! CREATE YOUR RESUME NOW!
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING WEBSITES AT:
Also, the IRS YouTube Special Agent Realistic Job Preview (RJP) video can be accessed at:
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SPECIAL AGENT ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE DIRECTED TO THE CINCINNATI EMPLOYMENT BRANCH AT:
APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO ACCESS, READ AND PRINT THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE APPLYING.
Major League Baseball(MLB)
MLB is recruiting the next generation of leaders
MLB Club Diversity Fellowship Program
Thank you for your interest in the MLB Club Diversity Fellowship Program, a rewarding opportunity to start a career in baseball operations and be a part of building a world class sports franchise. Eligible candidates will be placed in one of our 30 Clubs in the United States or Canada and appointed to an entry-level role in either the front office or baseball operations department for a period of 18 to 24 months. The fellows will not have the option to choose a Club or location, so, applicants should have flexibility to relocate for any of the assignments. While all disciplines are eligible to apply, we strongly encourage candidates with degrees or knowledge in economics, analytics, computer science, law and business to submit applications. The Fellowship will begin post-graduation (if applicable) on a mutually agreed upon date between the Club and the chosen fellow.
- A recent college or graduate school alum (no more than 24 months post-graduation)
- A woman or person of color
- G.P.A. of at least 3.2 or higher
- A passion for and knowledge of baseball is helpful but not required
Are you having trouble tyring to figure out what employers want?
Career Services is hosting a workshop to help you, What Do Employers Want? Skills and Ethics in the Workplace.
Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. in the Student Center Building, HIlberry D.
Special Guest Speaker
Join us for this interactive workshop with guest speaker Carolyn P. Hafner, Associate Vice President & Chief Audit Executive, Wayne State University…
learn how employers think…find out the skills you need to succeed in today’s global job market.