Are you having trouble tyring to figure out what employers want?
Career Services is hosting a workshop to help you, What Do Employers Want? Skills and Ethics in the Workplace.
Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. in the Student Center Building, HIlberry D.
Special Guest Speaker
Join us for this interactive workshop with guest speaker Carolyn P. Hafner, Associate Vice President & Chief Audit Executive, Wayne State University…
learn how employers think…find out the skills you need to succeed in today’s global job market.
Trying to figure out what’s after graduation? Want to do something meaningful for yourself and your country? Join this virtual info session to learn more about serving for one-year with AmeriCorps VISTA.
Register HERE to join our Virtual Info Session on Tuesday, November 7 at 5PM ET / 2PM PT.
Building Substitute (MS)
Crescent Academy is currently hiring for a Middle School Building Substitute. This position is full time. Must have sub permit.
Would you like to be a part of a school that believes strongly in its students and their right to a high quality education? Does your teaching and strong desire to make a difference in a child’s education describe why you became a teacher? Are you interested in creating an innovative, project based, experience for your students? If you possess the following qualities:
- Creativity and Innovated ideas about learning in the classroom
- Project based learning
- Enjoy challenges (social, economic)
- Engaged in learning and curriculum
- Persistent characteristics ( closing achievement gaps, and data driven)
- Collaborating within a team and being pro-active
- Conflict resolution (parents and students)
- Empathy ( students, parents, staff)
If this sounds like you and you also want to be a part of a flexible, supportive, family-oriented team, then Crescent is the place for you!
Crescent Academy believes in the whole child approach which means that academy staff assists students and their families in bettering their outcomes by creating a college bound culture that expects and teaches strong character, academic achievement, and civic engagement.
Students from all cultural backgrounds and all walks of life attend Crescent Academy.
Crescent Academy serves over 1,500 students grade level PreK-8.
Our Ideal Candidates
We’re looking for service-oriented professionals who love to be on the go, help others, and enjoy variety in their work. The most qualified candidates will have a background that demonstrates passion for service and helping others. This might include experience in personalized customer service, caring for others, coaching, teaching, etc. These candidates are excited at the prospect of helping others get where they’re going, solving problems and going the extra mile to leave our passengers with a positive experience that lasts long after their flights have landed. We’re looking for candidates who want to join a stable, profitable company and build a lasting career while enjoying flight benefits that are the envy of the marketplace.
Key Responsibilities of Our Flight Attendants:
- Ensure the safety and comfort of our passengers while providing exceptional customer service, at an altitude of at least 8,000 feet
- Participate in preflight briefings and in-flight responsibilities
- Provide assistance lifting and stowing luggage
- Demonstrate the use of safety and emergency equipment and ensure safety requirements are met
- Prepare, serve and sell beverages (including alcohol) and meals (which may include beef, pork, seafood, peanuts, etc.)
- Answer passengers’ questions and provide assistance when necessary, particularly those with special needs
- Reassure passengers during the flight, such as when an aircraft experiences delays or hits turbulence
- Administer and coordinate emergency procedures or provide emergency care, as needed
- Respond to and provide clear and accurate directions (verbally or non-verbally) to passengers in the event of an emergency
What You’ll Need – the Minimums:
- Ability to work in the US
- Be at least 21 years of age by January 1, 2018
- A high school degree or GED
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English fluently
- Willingness to comply with our uniform and appearance guidelines, including tattoos and piercings (read more about that here)
- Ability to obtain and keep current a passport and travel documents to freely enter and exit places where Delta flies
- Successfully complete a pre-employment DOT drug test and comprehensive background check, including government-required fingerprint-based criminal history records check
- Ability to work in a physically demanding role which requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching and lifting (i.e., pushing/pulling beverage or food carts and lifting and opening emergency aircraft doors)
- Ability to sit in an assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened
One or More of the Following Will Give You an Edge:
- 1+ years of work experience in a personalized customer service, patient care, or similar role
- Experience in a role ensuring the safety and/or care of others (teacher, military, EMT, firefighter, coach, law enforcement, lifeguard, nurse, Peace Corps, etc.)
- Education beyond high school
All Interested Applicants Please Visit:
Part-‐Time Children’s Dance Instructor Needed
This paid position is for Saturday mornings from 11:00 AM-‐1:00 PM teaching Pre-‐ Ballet (4-‐5 year olds) and Art & Movement (1.5-‐3 year olds). Additional hours could be given if enrollment increases. You would be using our Lil Dumplins’ Curriculum. To thrive in this role you need enthusiasm, creativity, improvisational skills, a sense of fun and the ability to engage, enchant and connect with young children and their parents. For more info on what we offer please visit www.lildumplins.com or find us on Facebook.com/lildumplins and Instagram (@lildumplins)
- Experience teaching recreational ballet preffered.
- Experience with children 2-‐6 years of age.
- Improvisational skills in dance and music.
- Very comfortable using voice in song or chant.
PAY: $20/hour with additional pay for training and meetings.
To apply: Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Provides support in sales administration, generates sales-related reports , and acts as an extension of the sales team.
• Provides administrative and/or process support for contract administration, customer service, and order history.
• Acts as an extension of the sales team by assisting with product pricing, sales development, sales material creation, marketing communications, sponsorship proposals & recaps.
• Generates contract confirmations, reports related to sales activities & revenue data, pool reports, unapproved credits, etc.
• Responds to client requests, e.g., spot times.
• Records and forwards checks, handles contracts for Account Executives, prepares presentations, types & proofreads correspondence, files and makes copies, relieves receptionist.
• Manages time; focuses on urgent and important tasks; avoids procrastination; follows up; shows strong attention to detail; meets deadlines
• Adapts to shifts in priorities and urgencies
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; familiar with Viero and Radio Fusion or demonstrates ability to learn new systems quickly
• Assumes responsibility & accountability for assignments and tasks
• Actively listens; clearly and effectively conveys information; uses professional telephone skills; demonstrates effective business writing skills; shows excellent grasp of grammar
• Exhibits good interpersonal skills; collaborates with others; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
• Demonstrates competitive spirit; shows desire to “move up”
• 1-3 years’ experience in radio role
• 4-year college degree
• None required
Troy, MI: 3310 West Big Beaver Rd, Suite 310, 48084
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
The multi-media journalist is responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content and editing stories for multiple platforms.
- Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
- Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
- Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories.
- Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
- Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
- Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
- Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
- Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
- Assist online staff in preparing for multi media stories.
- Report, write, capture quality visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
Education & Experience/Certifications
- Bachelors degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum of two years of experience
Skills & Abilities
- Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
- Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
- Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
- Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
- Proficient at posting content to various websites.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and provide certificate of insurability with company required insurance limits.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
***The City of Atlanta is now offering Recruits who are Military Veterans a $5,000 bonus upon completion of training to become a Police Officer***
***Police Recruits are also eligible for a one time relocation bonus up to $1,500 ***
Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center
400 Renaissance Drive
Detroit, Michigan 48243
Thursday Night September 28, 2017 (2 Sessions)
5pm to 7pm – 7pm to 9pm
Friday, September 29, 2017 (5 Sessions)
8am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm, and 7pm
Saturday, September 30, 2017 (3 Sessions)
8am, 11am, and 2pm
For More Information, please call 404-546-7650
ALL MAJORS WELCOME!!!
October 3rd 12:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m
STUDENT & ALUMNI INFORMATION
- The event is open to WSU students and alumni only
- Free admission for WSU students and alumni
- There is no registration necessary for students or alumni but you need to activiate your WSUCareer Services Handshake account.
- A WSU OneCard or a current resume is required for admittance (either of these show you attend(ed) WSU)
- Professional dress is required for this event
- Open to all majors
- Bring copies of your professional resume to pass out to employers!
*For List of employers, please visit: http://careerservices.wayne.edu/employmentexpo.php
Divine Child High School Athletics Department is currently hiring for the following opportunities:
- Head Boys Varsity Golf Coach – http://files.constantcontact.com/2c1944bb201/f4cf4007-df71-4b0d-9a51-bda670943ff7.pdf
- Head Boys Varsity Basketball Coach – http://files.constantcontact.com/2c1944bb201/4905965f-54a8-40e5-9692-0d212e34f16e.pdf
- Head Boys Varsity Lacrosse Coach – http://files.constantcontact.com/2c1944bb201/7a5bb4f6-4b1d-4469-bfa5-c264d6cf469a.pdf
- Head Bowling Coach – http://files.constantcontact.com/2c1944bb201/d3e6e748-156d-410d-88e6-65c3a3cdd8fb.pdf
To ensure full consideration, please send resume, cover letter, and list of contact information for three (3) references to:
Bryan Rizzo Athletic Director, Divine Child High School, 1001 North Silvery Lane, Dearborn, MI 48128
| Up to 20 hours/week, Tuesdays (4pm-6pm), Thursdays (4pm-6pm) & Saturdays (9am-1pm)
Applications close on October 2nd at 11:55 pm
Associate Vice President, Development
Salary: Up to $157k, possibility of some flexibility
– Oversight of the organization’s major gifts program
– Manage a personal portfolio of approximately 75 donors/prospects
– Develop and execute strategies related to donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
– Prepare senior management for high-level solicitations
– Track donor stewardship
– Manage a team of 10 development staff
– Bachelor’s degree required
– Approximately 7-10 years individual major gift fundraising experience
– Commitment to the mission and deep knowledge of the Jewish community
– Strong management and relationship-building skills
Vice President, Development
Salary range: $175-$200k, D.O.E.
– Collaborate with the President and Board to shape development strategy
– Successful execution of strategic plan
– Research, cultivate, solicit and steward individual and institutional donors
– Oversee fundraising events
– Cultivate trustees and board members
– Manage a team of 5 development staff
– Bachelor’s degree required
– Approximately 10 years progressive fundraising experience
– Demonstrated ability to cultivate trustees and board members
– Experience staging a gala
– Strong management skills
To Apply Please Visit:
Business Analyst Internship
To support our recent growth, RESSCO is looking for recent college graduates or current graduate students to work in our business development department. RESSCO has more than 50 years of combined experience involving multi-million dollar real estate transactions, equity investments and development/construction projects. If you are highly motivated and want to be rewarded for superior performance, RESSCO can help you achieve those goals. For more information on RESSCO, visit www.ressco.com.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work directly with senior management and will gain keen insight into what it takes to be a successful commercial real estate professional.
- Advanced Level in Microsoft EXCEL, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Available to work 40hrs a week
- Extensive experience using the Internet
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience creating websites preferred excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great personality and phone presentation
- Willingness to learn
- College degree or working towards a degree required
Please click here to apply: Business Analyst Intern
$25 per hour plus benefits
26711 Northwestern Hwy, Suite 175
Southfield, MI 48033
(248) 440 – 1888 (office)
(248) 440-1882 (fax)
American Junior Golf Association
The AJGA is committed to helping our interns further their career goals both within our organization and with our partners within the industry. Students may visit www.ajga.org/careers for the online application.
A few important items to note:
- Applicants must be 21 years of age by the start of the internship (dates are on the website).
- Deadline Dates: Spring Internship – November 7 & Summer Internship – January 10 – The sooner an application is submitted, interviews and decision making process can begin.
- Internship Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t0uAbbLsMk&feature=youtu.be
- The application is open on our website currently.
Telemetry Technician/ Providence Hospital – Monitor Room/ Part-Time Nights 204421
Telemetry Technician performs various activities regarding telemetry monitoring on patients requiring continual cardiac monitoring.
- Maintains telemetry documentation of reported information.
- Maintains telemetry monitoring equipment and supply inventory.
- Makes note of irregular rhythms and monitors changes in heartbeat.
- Forwards changes to nurse and/or attending physician for analysis and interpretation.
- Functions as the call center for emergency calls including code blue, rapid response, stroke management, and airway emergencies. Provides messaging using the Emergin technology utilizing consistent practice to disseminate information.
- Implements alarm management by validating alarms and intervenes to prevent alarms from reaching the caregiver when it is determined to be a nuisance alarm or artifact. With direction from the nurse, alarm limits will be customized to the patient to minimize nuisance alarms.
- Performs routine troubleshooting activities related to equipment maintenance, battery changes, equipment checks, and reports any malfunctions to appropriate personnel. Clarifies nurses concerns related to equipment and routine battery changes. Implements downtime procedures when necessary.
- Provides precise continuous surveillance and analysis of cardiac rhythms and arrhythmia for patients placed on telemetry monitoring and/or pulse oximetry. Provides trending and tracking of integrated physiologic and telemetry monitoring component of the patient and communicates this to the clinical health care providers.
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- One or more of the following:
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent required Completion of a telemetry training course required
- 6 months of clinical experience preferred.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining the St. John Providence Health System team, please apply by completing an online application at stjohnprovidence.org.
Req ID: 27616BR
Location: Dearborn, MI
The role is to coordinate and participate in creating Automation test cases and execution for across the AD Product line projects. This is a challenging position working in a fast paced, high -visibility environment in various portfolios in FORD.
- Responsible for developing automation test strategy, test scenarios and test execution and coordinating with team members to insure solid test coverage is being addressed
- Drive cost effectiveness through use of automation techniques, Load & Performance and process improvements
- Responsible for design and development of Automation frameworks based on application requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience with designing test scenarios/test cases
- 3+ years of experience in automation testing
- Ability to work on multiple projects with different tools and multiple frameworks.
- Strong hands experience on tools and frameworks like Selenium, UFT, Perfecto, Appium.
- Experience creating the automation strategy for automation projects with multiple tools and technologies after understanding the business needs.
- Experience with integration of automation scripts for Continuous Integration using tools like Jenkins, Maven and UBuild.
- Experience defining best practices and framework approach for automation
- Software development and architecture experience
- Experience in leading multiple automation projects.
- Strong understanding on automation utilizing testing tools such as Selenium / Java, SQL / Database. Mobile automation (Perfecto and Appium) API testing (Ready API).
- Should have experience working at organization level COE activities
- Exposure to Advanced Agile technologies like ATDD / TDD, Continuous Integration.
- Should be able to take on leadership responsibilities and influence the direction of automation effort.
- Experience owning an end-to-end process to define and implement architecture.
The distance between imagination and … creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. When you join the Ford team, you discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader. You’ll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products – and it is always ready to go further.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Mark your calendars for…..Bosch Day at Wayne State University on September 20, 2017 from 11:00am – 2:00pm. We will be located at the Student Center Building in Hilberry rooms E & F.
This is an opportunity for WSU students and faculty to learn about the Bosch intern and co-op program which provides students with valuable work experience. You will be speaking directly with Bosch associates, hiring managers, and human resource members.
Bosch was recently named the #1 automotive supplier in the world for the second consecutive year! Bosch is ranked #87 on the Fortune 500 Best Workplaces list! Come see for yourself what all the hype is about! This event is open to ALL MAJORS!
You may apply for positions at: Bosch Career Page for Students
Like & Follow our Bosch Campus Facebook Page: Bosch Campus
See you Soon!
Job Description | S.T.A.G.E. Youth Director
S.T.A.G.E. (Somewhere To Ask God Everything) is a ministry open to all youth enrolled in grades 6th-12th that meets weekly during the school year. Fun, service, community engagement, and relationships are the foundational building blocks of S.T.A.G.E. This organization is proud to be a shared youth ministry supported by Presbyterian and Lutheran churches in Berkley, Ferndale, and Royal Oak.
Metro Detroit is an innovative and resilient region that believes its best days are ahead of it. Southeast Michigan is one of the most diverse communities in North America. Metro Detroit offers world renowned universities, Fortune 500 companies, and the opportunity to make a difference.
The S.T.A.G.E. Youth Director has the responsibility for facilitating and supporting middle school and high school age programming. The job requires a commitment of 25 hours/week, which includes Sunday and Wednesday evenings, some Saturdays and prep time. Weekly supervisory meetings are required. Compensation is $23,500/year plus a four-bedroom house located in a desirable Berkley neighborhood.
- Select and implement activities appropriate for middle school and high school youth, once a week (usually Sunday evenings 4:30-8:00 p.m.)
- Attend Wednesday Night Family Worship Experience (5:30-7:15 p.m.)
- Organize and promote activities that encourage community involvement with current and potential participants
- Meet once a month with Youth Advisory Council
- One hour of weekly supervision with a sponsoring congregation pastor
- Lead, coordinate, and chaperone regular community service projects
- Lead, coordinate, and chaperone week long high school Summer Mission Trip
- Lead, coordinate, and chaperone week long summer middle school Day Camp
- Facilitate fundraising efforts primarily for summer mission experiences
- Organize and coordinate annual youth led Sunday morning worship service
- Develop and implement an intentional outreach plan
- Ability to establish relationships with youth
- Ability to communicate with parents and S.T.A.G.E. supporters
- A college degree is preferred but not required
- Self-Starter who can initiate and implement fresh ideas for youth ministry
- Passion for youth ministry
- Inclusive spirit that seeks to embrace those in our communities who are vulnerable, bullied, and/or marginalized
- Strong organization, planning, and communication skills
- Actively wrestling with questions of faith and self-development
- A desire to see youth grow and thrive
Resumes with references should be submitted to Rev. Peter Moore at email@example.com as soon as possible but no later than September 30th 2017
Medical Office at Beaumont Royal Oak is hiring for a Medical Receptionist position!
Monday and Wednesday 9am-3pm
We have one doctor who has her own practice in internal medicine.
NO experience needed! We will train you from picking up phone calls, to faxes, and putting in patients.
What the job will entail: answering phone calls, filing, faxing, patient interaction, taking patients’ weight, there will be training on additional equipment.
Looking for people who have basic computer knowledge, willingness to learn and a good attitude!
All interested applicants please apply by e-mail or mail at:
Asha H. Patel, M.D.
3535 West 13 Mile Rd. Suite 236
Royal Oak, MI 48073
Olympia Entertainment, Inc.
- Crowd Managers (100 openings) $10.50 – 12.00/hr. (based on experience)
- Guest Relations (20 openings) $10.25/hr.
- Concierge (Suites Server) (10 openings) $10.25/hr.
- Restroom Attendants (20 openings) $ 9.50/hr.
All Part Time / Seasonal positions – Hours/Schedule will be based on availability and event schedule and necessity.
Apply online at: http://www.ilitchcompanies.com/careers.asp