Sep 16 / Brian

About Me

Name: Brian Camilleri

_MG_357732
Favoite Typeface: Century Gothic
CENTURY-GOTHIC

I am a graduate from The Motion Picture Institute of Michigan (MPI) with a certificate in Film Directing/Film Production. I am also a graduate from Schoolcraft College with an Associate Degree in Graphic Design. Currently, I am attending Wayne State University to pursue a BFA in Graphic Design.

Portfolio Website

While earning my one-year certificate at MPI, I wrote, produced, directed and edited three short films that screened in film festivals around Metro Detroit. My final project, “Upper Deck,” was nominated for Best Original Screenplay and Best Cinematography in the 2008 MPI Film Festival. As well as becoming an independent filmmaker, I was also an assistant director, camera operator, editor and production assistant for many live broadcasts, short films and promotional videos.

Upper Deck Trailer

After finishing my certificate at MPI, I attended Schoolcraft College to pursue a degree in graphic design. During my time at Schoolcraft, I gained exceptional work experience skills. The skills I learned are invaluable and I achieved these skills through my employment with Schoolcraft’s Student Activities Office as a graphic designer. While I worked with various organizations on campus, the most notable was Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society. I also worked with the Schoolcraft Connection Student Newspaper as a photographer and assisted with developing graphics. After working with the newspaper for one year, I was hired as Assistant Layout Editor for the 2011-2012 publication dates. I was responsible for designing center spreads, photo stories, developing layout graphics and assisting with the overall layout and design of the newspaper. During my tenure, the newspaper was awarded 2nd place two years in a row for general excellence from the Michigan Community College Press Association Student Newspaper Competition (MCCPA). The newspaper was also awarded 1st place for general excellence from the Michigan Press Association Student Newspaper Competition (MPA).

I enjoy skying, poker, frisbee, billiards, chess, baseball and doing anything new and creative. My goal in life is to work hard and have fun at the same time.

“life’s a garden… dig it”

-Joe Dirt